Chapter One: I Want to Know You

Ripples: That Pessimistic Boy

 Legend:

Blue = Boys                        Light Blue = Taemin       

Plum = Girls                        Purple = Sulli

 

Beep beep beep... My alarm beeped. I smacked it and groggily sat up. Today was the first day of college. Which my cousin Onew described as "Hell Year". Pshh. Yeah, right. I took a shower and put on my uniform. It was a red polo with the school's logo on the side and black pants. I wore my white sneakers and went downstairs. Only to see Onew hyung and his girlfriend, Sunyoung noona or Luna noona, preparing breakfast. "Oooh... Our little Taeminnie is on his first day of college! How great!" she squealed. Practically, Onew hyung and Luna noona is my mom and dad after my parents died. And yeah, I'm like their son. "He's all grown up. Even his attitude. He got colder." he snickered. "Hyung, watch your words." I said sternly and munched on my bacon. "See?" Onew hyung pointed out while Luna noona giggled. Oh hyung, you're DEAD. I'm not cold. I'm just unsocial. Being social was my family's genes, but it looks like I didn't get those genes. I'm proud of being me. Maybe.

 

I took the public bus since the fare is cheaper than taxis. I was sitting quietly on my chair when I saw a girl, whose uniform is just like mine, only wearing a red blouse and a school skirt. The logo was the same as mine, so we're on the same school. She has her head hung low. She has a milky complexion and her hair was shoulder-length. *You look familiar...* Because of the lack of seats, she remained standing. She was just right next to me. My heart couldn't help but flutter. I mashed up all my courage to ask her name. JUST TO ASK HER NAME. "Ahem.." I tried to get her attention. She looked at me and smiled. She... She is... SULLI. "Taemin-ssi! What a small world!" she cheerfully exclaimed. "Y-yeah... I-I guess..." I stuttered. She flashed a smile at me. The person who was sitting beside me got up and he went outside, probably his stop. "May I?" she said. I hesitantly nodded and she sat beside me. After 15 minutes of awkward silence, we reached our stop. We went down together. I was wondering why she was smiling. "U-umm.. Sulli-ssi, do you always s-smile?" I stuttered. She looked at me and smiled again. "Neh~! I do it to face my problems. And please don't be too formal with me." she smiled widely, making my heart beat faster than usual. "S-Sure, Sulli-ah." I smiled weakly. We reached our school and headed directly to the office to get our schedules. "So, Taemin-ah, what course are you choosing?" she asked innocently. *Don't stutter this time, Lee Taemin!* "Well.. probably Music and Arts." I answered, not stuttering. "Oh goodie! You're not stuttering!" she squealed. Her expression turned blank, and then she looked at me. "Taemin-ah, I want to know more about you."