Prologue

Ripples: That Pessimistic Boy

People.. everywhere. Idealistic people, to be exact. People who think they can really change this freaking world we live in. Those people that I dislike the most. I never really HAD friends. Just people I know from the outer appearance. I never even wished to have one. Until I met this girl who changed my whole life, for what I am today, it is all because of her.

 

 

"Good mooorrrrnnnnniiiiinnnnnggg!" the students chanted to each of their friends. It annoys me. They are SO noisy they couldn't keep their mouth shut. I was sitting on a bench behind the maple tree at the front gate, reading a literature book. People looked at me like I was nuts, they were thinking something like, 'Early morning study? What a nerd!' or 'What a lame moron he is,'. I really didn't care about how they think about me, well, nobody does. Saying ty things from their ty mouths, that's a no-no for me. I just glanced at my book then closed it. With my hand in one of my pockets, I walked coolly to school, even though there is still enough time to hang around.

 

 

On my way to my locker, I bumped to a petite girl who was rushing. Her documents, her books, her pens, everything, fell to the ground. Honestly, I really don't want to help her, but seeing her worried expression, I temptingly bent down to pick up her things. I did not see her face yet because of her long hair flowing through her face. I gave her the things and she muttered, "Thank you, Taemin-ssi.

It did not surprise me, knowing that she knows my name. I am actually the talk of the school. Anyways, usually, I would simply nod and leave, but there's something about her that wanted me to introduce myself to her more. "I-It's nothing." I stuttered, surprisingly. I can see her smile and she tucks her hair behind her ear and now I could see her face. It was BREATHTAKING. Her white face is just so... unexplainable. "Choi Jin Ri. But please call me Sulli." she smiled, offering a handshake. I took her hand and shook it. Her hands are so soft, it's so tempting to hold it tight, never letting it go. She pulled her hand away and before she left, she gave me one more smile and she left. I felt my heart pounding. I may have a CRUSH.