07. Comeback Tribulations

A Blank Score ♬♪ [One-Shot Requests]

HattedHorrorofHanoi~ this is your request ^__^

I know it wasnt meant to be a serious request but I couldn't resisit writing it anyway, I hope you like it!


 

Dancing around the kitchen like an excited toddler, Minah bounded from spot to spot singing happily about puppies in love. While this was going on, Sojin tried to make them lunch while occasionally chuckling at the lyrics or dodging a fatal dance move. Eventually managing to calm Minah down and getting her to sit on the sofa, Sojin was just about to turn away when Minah whined “Unnie! Why won’t you let me stay in the kitchen, I don’t want to be so far away from you!”

As a soft pink painted her cheeks, Sojin smiled “Aw, I don’t want to be away from you either but you won’t stand still and I’m using sharp knives. I love you but I’m rather attached to my fingers.” Watching the younger slouch and pout as adorably as she could, Sojin placed a kiss on her forehead before returning to the kitchen. After finding where Yura had hidden the seaweed, Sojin began laying out the rest of her ingredients when she found two arms sliding round her waist. Turning round in stunned silence she found Minah smiling sweetly “You said you wanted me to be still, you didn’t say I had to stay on the sofa…”

“I’d hoped you’d pick up on that.” Sojin hummed, stealing a kiss before returning her attention to the sushi. Just as she had finished plating up when there was a knock at the door. “Minah sweetie, can you see who that is please?”

Skipping over to the door nearly falling over her discarded shoes in the process, Minah opened the door. “Krystaaaal!” Minah sang much to the younger’s surprise. Standing still in shock Krystal stuttered a response “H-hi, M-Minah. I d-didn’t expect you t-to be home. Is Hyeri here?” her mood visibly dropping Minah shook her head “I’m sorry she’s away with Yura on a shoot in Taiwan, they won’t be back for another two weeks.” Feeling bad for Krystal she immediately continued “We’re just about to have lunch, would you like to join us?”

“I wouldn’t want to be a bother.” Krystal muttered rolling back onto her heels as Sojin’s voice from inside the dorm bellowed “Oh don’t be silly, come and join us there’s plenty to go around.”

Stepping aside to let Krystal in, Minah offered her a pair of slippers before closing the door and heading into the living room. As she sat down and saw the mass of food spread out on the table, Krystal glanced back up at the girls sitting across from her “Are you sure it’s just you two here? There’s no way anyone as petite as you could eat all this yourselves…” giggling playfully, Sojin shrugged “A petite girl can have a healthy appetite… besides if she’s eating she’s not shouting.”

“HEY!” Minah yelled disproving her point as she accidently spat rice everywhere. Brushing the rice off her face, Sojin smiled as she pinched Minah’s cheek “You know I was only joking, besides if you weren’t loud ‘Nothing Lasts’ wouldn’t be as awesome.” Instantly perking up, Minah batted her eyelashes “So… you think I make our songs awesome?”

Nodding slightly Sojin turned her attention back to their guest “So Krystal, why were you looking for Hyeri?” looking up startled, Krystal did her best to swallow her food before answering “We had been talking a few days ago and she offered to help me with something, it’s not important though it can wait till she gets back.”

“I’m sorry you had to waste your time coming over, I can’t think why she forgot to tell you she was in Taiwan.” Minah mumbled diving into a bowl of kimchi. Gnawing on a carrot stick Krystal shrugged “She probably just forgot, you know the state your brain gets in when preparing for a comeback.”

Nodding reflectively the girls sighed and continued eating in silence. As they finished the food, Krystal did he best to keep her attention on the table and ignore the mushy lovey dovey babble being exchanged. Somehow managing to fail at this even with all the delicious food in front of her, Krystal found herself stealing glances at Sojin. Scolding herself for entertaining such thoughts, she put her acting skills to use pretending like nothing was wrong.

Standing up to let herself out, Krystal had almost convinced herself she was imagining things until Sojin followed her to the door and hugged her before she could open the door “Sorry again for Hyeri’s slip up, but it was so nice seeing you again. Come back again soon okay!”

As soon as the door had shut behind her, Krystal turned a deep pink as her heart rate rocketed. Not understanding what was happening, she quickly left before anything else happened. Arriving back at the f(x) dorm Krystal closed the door behind her before sliding down in to the floor. Gently bouncing her head off her knees, Krystal muttered a scolding to herself as what was happening began to sink in.

Staring at the floor hoping some answers would rise out of the floorboards, she nearly hit her head off the door handle as her phone started blaring Mr. Simple. Picking her phone up, she immediately yelled “Yah! Oppa, you scared me half to death!”

After a short pause there was a reply “S-sorry Krystal, I didn’t think a phone call would have scared you so much.” Wondering if she had been a little harsh, Krystal sighed “I probably wouldn’t have been if you hadn’t changed my phone ring volume… no wonder they call you the evil maknae.” Trying not to laugh as she heard the annoyed twitch on the other end of the line, she had to bite her hand to hold back the laugh as he replied “That name is totally unfounded! I’m not evil… just occasionally playfully.”

“Well you’ve certainly got the cute don’t be mad at me thing down, anyway why are you calling?” sounding like he wanted to protest being referred to as cute, Kyuhyun decided just to answer her question “You weren’t at training today and no-one could get hold of you, we were worried.”

“We had training today?!” rustling in her bag to find her planner, she found he was right and she had just penned it in weird. With a low groan she asked “How much trouble am I in?”

“Not much, Heechul was having some balance issues that distracted just about everyone… and also hurt just about everyone, it was a rough day.” After a couple of minutes silence Kyuhyun asked “So why did you miss training?”

“I was over at the Girl’s Day dorm, I was supposed to be working on something with Hyeri but she forgot she was in Taiwan for the better part of this month so Minah and Sojin invited me in for lunch.” hearing a mischievous chuckle on the other end of the line, Krystal found herself using a very flat tone “What?”

“It was just in interesting choice in cadence, that’s all.” At this point, even her subconscious seemed to want to give her away. Planting her head back onto her knees, Krystal cringed “Oppa, please don’t tell anyone!?”

Hearing a hesitant sigh at the other end of the line, Krystal was rather surprised by the reply she got “Okay, I won’t tell anyone. It’s a shame she’s dating Minah, you’d have made a cute couple.” Finding for one reason or another the call ended, Krystal had a sudden thought. With an evil smile crossing her otherwise angelic face, she picked up her phone and opened a chat.

Sojin unnie, thank you so much for inviting me in for lunch today! Everything was delicious!

Knowing exactly what she was doing not that she would admit it even to herself, the immediate reply brought a dark curl to her already unsettling grin.

Aw Krystal don’t be silly, we were glad to have your company! I’m so glad you enjoyed the food I worked very hard on making it good.

It was more than good unnie, it was sublime! I’m surprised Minah isn’t bigger living on all that amazing food day in day out.

You are both sweet and too kind, I have very little skill in the kitchen.

Unnie don’t put yourself down like that, I can’t imagine where you got this idea from… will you at least trust my word you’re beyond talented?

If it will make you happy, then I will stop fighting the notion I can’t make anything edible. Okay?

Yay! Thank you unnie! Will you please teach me how to cook? If you have time of course.

Uh… sure, if you like. This isn’t a test right, you’re being serious?

Completely serious, I’m fed up living on ramen when everyone’s away.

Your living on… okay we’ll start tomorrow, come over at eleven and we can make lunch.

An utterly maniacal grin now painted on her face, Krystal bounded into her room to find something nice to wear.

Arriving at the Girl’s Day dorm in something adorable and summery, she happily knocked on the door. Smiling brightly as the door opened and the late morning sun poured out from behind Sojin making her look even more regal than normal, Krystal hummed.

“Ah unnie, you should come with a warning!” noticing a look of concern creeping into the elders face she continued “I meant because you’re so pretty, it’s not fair on the rest of us.”

“You are the perfect blend of strange and sweet Krystal, you really are.” stepping inside and slipping her sandals off, Krystal just shrugged “I’m not hearing anything bad there unnie.” Noticing the lack of shoes by the door she muttered “Isn’t Minah here?”

“No, she saw your comment and was concerned she was gaining weight so she’s deluded and at the gym.” Momentarily wondering why on earth Minah would think that, she quickly shook the idea away realising it meant she was alone with Sojin. Suddenly turning a deep pink, Krystal found herself unable to form a coherent sentence as Sojin took her hand and let her into the kitchen.

Finding herself loosing several hours learning how to make dishes she’d never dream of making, Krystal found as more time passed the nervous feeling in the pit of her stomach began to fade but was quickly replaced by a guilty knot as she heard the door close.

“Sojin-ah, darling are you home?” Minah sang as she entered the dorm bags swinging. Watching as Sojin’s eyes lit up as she greeted the younger, the feeling of guilt spread through Krystal like a virus.

“I thought you were going to the gym, why do you have so many shopping bags?” asked Sojin thoroughly perplexed. With a look of regret Minah dropped her gaze to the floor and mumbled “I was going to go to the gym, but then I realized that I’ve been taking you for granted recently and I wanted to fix that… and since today is our 100 day anniversary…” dropping her hand into one of the bags, Minah produced a small velvet box. Opening the box for the still confused Sojin, Minah smiled as she revealed the couples rings she had spent the afternoon making.

Feeling sick with guilt, Krystal was nearly in tears as she realised that she nearly tore a happy couple apart for her own selfish gain. Watching quietly as Minah happily slid the ring onto Sojin’s dainty finger, the pride in her work was clear as she put her own on. “You two are truly perfect for each other, I hope one day I find someone as special as you two are.” Krystal smiled, glad she saw sense before she broke her friends heart and destroyed their friendship.

“Actually, on that note… Hyeri would like to talk to you.” Minah hummed with a mischievous smile. Blinking back at her not sure where she was going with that tone, Krystal stood in silence not sure how to reply. Giving Minah a playful nudge, Sojin continued “It seems like there was a reason she didn’t tell you she was going to be in Taiwan, but it’s not for us to say any more than that.”

Still unsure of what was happening she just nodded and smiled “Well thank you for the cooking lesson unnie, hopefully I don’t burn the kitchen down when I try these by myself.” Bowing slightly before letting herself out, Krystal happily left them to enjoy each other’s company.

Just as the door had closed behind her, Krystal was surprised to hear her phone ring “Hello… oh, hi Hyeri… yeah I’m free to talk, what’s up?”