18. Bed & Breakfast [Room 1]

A Blank Score ♬♪ [One-Shot Requests]

Taemins_LittleNoona, your request is done :)

I'm so sorry I was unable to write a piece for your birthday, but I hope this makes up for it. I know you couldn't decide which way to have it end, so have both. Happy belated birthday sweetie!


 

Casually flicking through a holiday catalogue with a cup of tea in hand, Laura smiled as Taemin came into the room “What are you looking at?” he asked falling into the seat beside her.  Sitting her mug down on the coffee table she hummed “I was just looking for a little summer getaway.”

“Did you find anywhere nice?” he smiled. Showing him the page that she’d been looking at, they both jumped as Key squealed behind them “Oh that place is adorable!” after a slight pause Key took the catalogue and started waving it in front of the bewildered Onew’s face “Hyunggie can we go here? Wouldn’t it be the most darling little holiday?!”

Taking the catalogue as he walked over to the sofa, Onew smiled “Taeminnie what do you think?” perking up a little at being asked he smiled “I’d like to go, it looks nice.” After several minutes contemplating Onew nodded “Laura, would you like to come too?”

Nodding excitedly Laura hummed “Oh yes please.” With a warm smile Onew asked “Taeminnie will you help me organize this?” looking up at Laura who was really excited about the idea of a holiday Taemin replied “Okay hyung.”

Watching as Taemin followed Onew to the other side of the living room, Key sighed as he sat down across from Laura “Hey… I’m sorry for scaring you earlier, I didn’t mean to shout.” Returning to her tea Laura smiled “It’s okay oppa, I know you were just excited.”

Letting her go back to her book, Key looked back over at Onew and seeing him flirting with Taemin nearly brought him to tears. As he tried not to show how much it bothered him, when he saw Onew’s hand wandering up Taemin’s leg he had to leave the room.

Realising she might be being rude, Laura looked up from her book to talk to Key to find him gone. As she hoped it wasn’t her fault, she slid in her bookmark and went to go find him but instead found herself nose-to-nose with Taemin “O-oh, hi oppa…”

“I hope you’re ready for a holiday.” He smiled rather excitedly. Backing up slightly she nodded slightly unsure of where he was going with this. Realising that he was making her uncomfortable he calmed down and continued “We’ve booked a weekend away and as our treat we booked you in too since you’ve been so wonderful helping us with our promotions.”

Grabbing his hands her jaw hit the floor “What!? Are you serious?” his smile quickly returning he nodded “Yeah, we’re leaving in the morning so go pack a bag.” Giggling excitedly Laura wrapped her arms round his shoulders and squealed “Oh thank you oppa!”

As Jonghyun entered the room to see what the commotion was, he found himself glaring at Taemin “What’s all the noise about?” skipping over to him oblivious to the look he was giving Taemin Laura hummed “Oppa~ we’re going on a trip!” with his attention quickly focused entirely on her he asked “We… as in you and us?”

“Yeah… i-is that a problem?” she stuttered. Realising how his question came across he gave her his best smile “Not at all, it’s a wonderful surprise.” Humming happily to herself, she bid her farewells and skipped off to get ready.

Waiting until Laura had left the dorm they both turned to face each other and in perfect unison muttered “She’s mine.”

The following day as they were getting ready to go both kept trying to nudge and trip each other as they ran round gathering the last few things. Catching them doing this Onew grabbed Taemin’s hand and pulled him away from Jonghyun “Would you two behave! Jonghyun you’re supposed to be a good hyung and protect the younger members not beat them black and blue.” Turning to hug Taemin he muttered “If he does it again just let me know and I’ll knock some sense into him, okay?”

Looking over Onew’s shoulder with a smug smile, Taemin made sure Jonghyun saw before pulling away from Onew “Thank you hyung, but you shouldn’t be so hard on him. He’s annoyed with himself he’s not as caring as you and is merely venting his frustration.” Trying not to giggle at Jonghyun’s death glare, neither of them were expecting Onew’s comment “Well then he should try harder and not hurt you.”

After Onew had left to take Key and Minho’s bags down to the mini bus Jonghyun chuckled “And Kyuhyun’s worried about Minho threatening his acting career, clearly you are a better actor than we were all giving you credit for.” Clearly proud of himself Taemin smiled “What can I say, it’s just so plausible you’re that emotionally stupid.”

Grabbing his bag and heading out of the dorm before Jonghyun could reply, Taemin almost skipped up to the van “So, are we ready to go?” welcoming the cup of coffee Minho handed him he smiled a thank you as he mumbled “Yeah we’re just waiting on Jjong now.”

Feeling very group leader Onew announced “Okay so how this is going to work, Key will be in the front with me since we don’t want a repeat of last time with Minho on directions. The second row was going to be Taemin and Jonghyun but I’m not sure I trust him not to hit you again….” Trailing off he almost lost his chain of thought when Taemin smiled “It’s okay hyung, I’m sure he learnt his lesson from what you said and really none of us are brave enough to take you up on a threat.” He said looking at the floor not wanting to remember the last time when he and Key didn’t take his threat seriously. Quickly realising that though him sitting next to Jonghyun meant he couldn’t sit next to Laura, at least it was also stopping him sitting next to her to so it was worth the sacrifice.

All of them perking up as Laura appeared, Key handed her a bubble tea with a smile “All set?” nodding sleepily she mumbled “So early…”nodding in agreement, Minho smiled “Yeah, sorry about that. Onew likes to travel early because he thinks the traffics less crazy… Anyway you’re in the back next to me so feel free to catch a couple extra hours sleep.” Seriously considering doing just that, she sipped her tea trying not to forget the bubbles burst when you drink them.

Climbing into the mini bus as Jonghyun appeared, Onew almost launched his coffee at him as a warning once he’d taken his seat. Taking the cup and giving Taemin one last glare he settled into his seat. After 3 hours one the road they decided to pull into a rest stop to stretch their legs. Noticing Jonghyun was fast asleep Taemin waited for Onew, Key and Minho to get out before he quietly slipped into the back seat.

“Thanks for getting up ridiculously early to put up with Key’s off key singing with us.” He chuckled. Nodding slightly Laura sighed “It was an experience, I almost forgot he was a singer they way he was screeching…” wanting to defend Key but having no foundation for it Taemin struggled to reply “I think… it’s just his way of detoxing, knowing he won’t disappoint fans by hitting a bum note when it’s just us.”

“It’s cute how he starts trying again when Onew cringes, I think they’d be cute together.” Laura smiled as Taemin tried to process what she’d said “Key doesn’t like Onew… does he? I always thought he and Jjong…”after thinking for a moment, she hummed “Aww JongKey would be cute too, but I think Key would still pick Onew.” Taking her word for it Taemin nodded slightly.

Doing his best to flirt with her while the others were away, when Key returned he didn’t understand why he seemed annoyed “Taemin get back in your seat.” He snapped. Crawling back to his seat Taemin’s expression fell as they all returned to the bus. Leaning forward and tapping Taemin on the shoulder, Minho whispered “Don’t be too mad at him, he’s just had to listen to Onew ramble about you for 20 minutes. Not that you’re not awesome but I think it hurt him to see Onew talk about you like that.”

With a small sigh Taemin mumbled “So Key really does like Onew? S-so why is he mad at me?” blinking back at him surprised Minho avoided the true answer “Oh he’s not mad, he’s just tired. Jonghyun decided to do the snoring thing again…”

Not following the conversation Laura asked “What snoring thing?” trying to work out how to best explain it Minho fidgeted “Well, he’s taken some awkward recordings of us over the years usually after we’ve drank too much and passed out and made what we thought was the ultimate snore track… until fluttering India anyway and he added Kyuhyun’s bulldozer into the mix.”

Remembering how bad Suho looked after one night in the adjacent room to his snoring she nodded “No wonder he’s grumpy then, I wonder how Super Junior don’t complain about it if it’s that bad…” both shrugging having no answer to that they fell quiet as the engine spluttered back into life.

After another four hours they pulled up at the B&B. Looking out the window at the sweet little cottage Laura smiled “This place is awesome! Thanks for letting me come along.” In a considerably better mood Key hummed “Well you did find this place so it’s only fair.” As everyone chipped in their agreement, Laura smiled “Well I appreciate it either way, a few days off is a welcome change.”

Completely agreeing with her they climbed out of the bus, Minho offered to bring the bags in and let them go on ahead. As they entered the B&B they all sighed with awe at the homely feel the cottage gave. With a quaint little English town feel there was a warm atmosphere as they walked up to the reception desk.

“Welcome! I’m glad to see you arrived safely.” A sweet elderly lady called over. With a bright smile Onew replied “Thank you; you have a wonderful establishment here.” Cringing as Minho nearly fell through the door dropping the bags they all seemed to fall quiet as the lady smiled “Well, now that you’re all here you can sign in and my husband will show you to the rooms.”

After they’d all signed in a rather shy man walked into the room “If you’d like to grab your bags I’ll take you upstairs.” As they followed the man up a rather tight staircase they were surprised find four spacious bedrooms and a rather large bathroom too. “On the far left is Minho and Jonghyun’s room, far right is Onew and Key, left here is Taemin and right is Laura.” The man explained before returning downstairs.

Heading into their individual rooms, it was clear certain members were not happy with the rooms they were in. Looking out of her bedroom window to see a beautiful watercolour sunset, she smiled as she curled up on the window seat. Once the sun had set and the stars had begun to appear in the velvet black sky a knock on her door pulled her attention back inside.

“Hey, there’s a pool outside. I’m gonna take a dip, care to join?” Taemin smiled. Nodding happily Laura jumped up and gently pushing him out the room went to get changed. Reappearing five minutes later in a cute little swimming costume, Taemin just lit up “Wow… you look amazing.” Turning a soft pink, she picked up a towel and headed downstairs unable to form a verbal response.

Trying not to laugh as Taemin suddenly ran past her and cannonballed into the pool, all she could do was stand and wait for the splash to hit her “Oppa! You’re so clumsy!” popping up at the edge of the pool, Taemin smiled mischievously as he pulled her into the pool causing a huge splash.

“Yah! Taemin, you shouldn’t splash about like that!” a rather miffed voice groaned. Rolling his eyes as he looked up to find Jonghyun standing on the poolside, he quickly adjusted his expression as Laura resurfaced “Aw Jonggie oppa, what’s with the long face?”

“I just think he should be gentler, especially with a lady.” Jonghyun smiled. Kicking a fluted wave of water up at him she giggled “Oh stop being so serious and have some fun.”  After about 20 minutes Laura pulled off to the side of the pool as Taemin and Jonghyun continued to show off trying to lap each other.

Slowing down to check on Laura, Taemin immediately stopped and rushed to her side. As soon as he saw her lips were turning blue, Taemin swept her up and rose out of the pool majestically as water cascaded off him. Running to get her inside, he yelled out for help hoping that the members upstairs would know what to do.

With a slight smile, Laura watched the water bead up on Taemin’s hair before it fell and began running down his chest and weaving through the toned muscles across his abs “Wh-what happened to your flower boy image?” she joked trying to lighten the mood. Giving a sigh of relief as Minho ran in and wrapped a warm blanket round her, Taemin took one of the extra towels and they began to try and warm her up.

Once she had stopped shaking, Minho went outside to scold Jonghyun for not helping leaving Taemin and Laura alone “I’m so sorry, I never wanted you to be ill.” Blushing slightly as she realised she was staring at his abs Laura mumbled “It’s okay oppa.” Shaking his head he was nearly in tears as he protested “No it’s not, Jonghyun’s right I should be more careful with someone as incredible as…” tilting her head slightly as he trailed off, it almost didn’t process what he was saying until she found his lips against hers. Almost not wanting it to end, Taemin saw Jonghyun standing in the door with his jaw on the floor furious and knew it was now or never “Laura… will you go out with me?”

As a deep blush coloured her cheeks, Laura found herself incapable of a verbal answer as what just happened processed. Several seconds later a shy smile appeared as she nodded yes.