09. Mother Knows Best~

A Blank Score ♬♪ [One-Shot Requests]

ChunsaAngel21, your request is finished!

This was an absolute pleasure to write thank you so much for requesting it, I haven't given MBLAQ much attention outside of Hello Baby so thank you for getting me to properly listen to them! I hope you like it! ^^


 

Sitting on the sofa watching Thunder pace back and forth, Mir sighed “Hyung, what’s gotten into you?” knowing well enough what was wrong but not sure if he was ready to admit it Thunder just kept pacing while occasionally shaking his head. Trying to find a way to admit his feeling without being overly soppy or cliché, but only managed to get annoyed mutterings out of Mir that he was being weird. Trying to ignore him, Thunder jumped as there was a knock at the door.

Watching as G.O opened the door, his heart stopped as Dia entered the dorm. Standing quietly as the other members gathered round, Dia turned to Lee Joon shyly “Oppa… will you be my boyfriend?” standing stunned, Thunder used G.O’s shoulder to help support him as she began to explain “I’m sorry it’s so sudden but my mum kept asking me if I had a boyfriend and I stupidly said yes to make her happy, but now she wants to meet him tomorrow so I need a handsome guy asap. Please be my boyfriend for a day.” Watching her do several cute poses batting her eyelashes sweetly, Thunder’s heart broke as Lee Joon agreed to it. Feeling like he couldn’t watch anymore as she kissed him on the cheek making him smile like an idiot, G.O walked her out as the other members quietly cut him looks.

Waking up the following morning feeling rather hollow, he stumbled out of his room and nearly fell over a heap on the floor. Once he had regained his balance, Thunder looked down to find a very pale Lee Joon wrapped in a blanket.

“Hyung?” he mumbled, concerned at the state of the elder in front of him. Helping him to stand up and walking him over to the sofa, Thunder couldn’t help the growing concern “Hyung, what happened? Are you alright?” seeing the amount of effort it took for him to answer Thunder regretted asking him a question “I…I’ve…come down with…something…cold…no, worse… flu…”

Running into the kitchen, Thunder made him seaweed soup and brought it to him with four glasses of water and two boxes of tissues. “If you need anything else hyung just let me know and I’ll get it.” Surprised as Lee Joon tried to pull him closer, he leaned closer quietly as he wanted “You’re a good friend Sanghyun, but there is something else I need you to do.”

“Of course, anything.” Thunder whispered. With a weak smile, Lee Joon took his hand before he continued “I need you to go in my place to meet Dia’s mother, and I want you to promise you’ll tell her how you feel about her today.” Looking confused, Thunder shook his head as Lee Joon chuckled “Don’t try and deny it Sanghyun, I saw the look you gave me yesterday… it was so much worse than everyone else’s… they were vaguely jealous but you were so hurt I thought you hated me.”

Sitting in silence for a few minutes, Thunder was nearly in tears as he hugged the elder. Sensing the relief in Lee Joon’s posture, he mumbled “I’m sorry hyung, I didn’t mean to make you feel like that… I guess it was easier to blame you than admit I was at fault.” Patting him gently on the back Lee Joon whispered “I was always going to sent you off to meet her Sanghyun, I couldn’t do that to you.” Catching the time Lee Joon tried to push him away “You need to get ready or you’ll be late, you want to make a good impression!”

“But hyung… you’re not well a-” finding a hand over his mouth, Thunder stopped mid-sentence “Sanghyun you’ve been crazy for her since you met, you can’t keep denying it… besides Seungho is here, I’ll be fine.”

Giving Lee Joon one final hug, Thunder ran off to get ready hoping that Dia wouldn’t be mad. Arriving at the café where Dia said she would be, Thunder took a deep breath before entering. Once inside panic set in as he realised he had no idea what Dia had told her mother and the fact he turned up might in fact ruin everything. Regardless of what his head thought his feet kept walking and he found himself quickly approaching Dia’s table.

“Oppa!?” trying to smile like he was supposed to be there, when Dia excused herself and dragged him round the corner as if going to the counter to order something he couldn’t help feeling confused “Oppa? What are you doing here? Where’s Lee Joon?” feeling slightly hurt he tried his best to hide it as he answered “Lee Joon is sick, he asked me to come his place so it wouldn’t look like you were stood up.” As a slight smile appeared on her lips, Thunder turned bright pink as she kissed his cheek “Thank you oppa, I owe you one. Now I haven’t told her anything yet so we’ll just go with how we met and hope she doesn’t ask too many questions.”

Letting him get himself something to drink, she took his hand as they walked back over to the table where her mum was sitting. Noticing the stern unconvinced look on her mother’s face, a shiver ran up his back not sure of what he’d let himself in for.

“So… this is him, is it?” trying not to panic, Thunder wasn’t sure how to react to being referred to like he was nothing more than an inanimate object. Blinking back blankly, he did his best to smile as her mother probed him “So, what is your name?”

“My name is Sanghyun, it’s very nice to meet you.” He said trying not to sound too panicked.

“Well Sanghyun, how did you two meet?” suddenly feeling more confident he swiftly replied “We met right here when I wasn’t paying enough attention and nearly fell over her handbag. I was in a rush to leave until our eyes met and I couldn’t bring myself to leave. In fact it was two years today, almost to the minute… it’s been 1051190 minutes since you made my world so much brighter.” Taking Dia’s hand with a warm smile, Thunder almost forgot it was an act to her when he saw her reaction.

Snapping out of it as mock applause rang through the air, Thunder couldn’t help the look of surprise plastered on his face “Very convincing my dear, you almost had me going… but I know you don’t really have a boyfriend Dia, and as long as you are happy that’s enough for me.” Seeing Dia nearly in tears, Thunder sat quietly not sure if he should be a part of this mother-daughter moment. As he tried not to be too awkward while they had their lovely moment, a small part of him was happy when her mother stood up to leave. “Thanks for lunch mum. I hope you have a safe flight and enjoy your holiday.”

Watching them hug before her mum left, Thunder was glad that if nothing else came from the day Dai wouldn’t have to deal with her mother pestering her to be in a relationship. As she re-joined him at the table a pink hue began colouring his cheeks. Sensing his chance, Thunder summoned up what courage he had and said “Hey, if you’re not busy maybe we could visit Lotte World?”

“Are you sure you have time? I know your schedule is crazy, are you sure you want to waste what little free time you have on me?” a soft chuckle escaped as he smiled “There’s no one I’d rather spend time with.”

After spending the day together they begin walking towards a nearby park to rest their feet. Sitting down on the first bench they came across, Thunder stretched his legs out hoping the feeling would return to his feet soon. As they sat watching the sun set over the trees, he almost jumped as Dia rested her head on his shoulder “Thank you for today oppa.”

“You don’t have to thank me, I’m just glad I got to spend the day with you.” Thunder smiled, surprised how easy it was to be honest with her now. Watching as purple hues began to dance in the pink and orange sky, he subconsciously put an arm around her shoulder.

“I’m glad you came today oppa, I was too scared to ask you yesterday so I chickened out and asked Lee Joon.” Turning pink as his heart skipped a beat, Thunder stuttered “Y-You were going to ask me?”

“Yeah… but it was a cheesy enough request without having to ask someone I like to do it.” Instantly flushing a deeper shade of pink Thunder sat quietly for a moment as the information slowly began to process. As it sank it the biggest smile began to spread across his face as he glanced down at Dia still leaning on his shoulder “Dia… would you go on a date with me?” Still smiling as she kissed him on the cheek, he couldn’t have been happier with her answer “I’d love to go on another date with you oppa.”