Chapter 1

The Actor

It started with a beautiful transferred student coming to one particular school, which esteemed the drama theatrical as the most wanted club for the students. A beautiful blonde haired girl whose hair touched until the back area walked down the corridor of the school as brought the books on the first day of school schedule.

“Kristina?” A girl named Sohee along with the other girls surrounded the new student. “It’s beautiful name.” Her eye smile told it sincerely

“And your hair… Just WOW!” Suzy was fangirling already over Kristina

Kristina let out a small laugh, beautiful hand covered the mouth. Kristina was a bit shy in front of the girls because it was the first time going to this school. “Thank you.”

The girls were still fangirling over Kristina as they led the transferred student to enter the class. Jiyeon tried to open the door for the new student, treating Kristina just like a real princess who was enrolling their school unexpectedly.

“You really don’t need to do this.” Kristina felt the girls giving the treat exaggeratedly but they didn’t care about it, they just idolized the tall figure because the newbie seemed to perfect for being a human.

As Kristina and the girls came to the class, Kristina’s eyes directed to all around the class, students were gathering, chitchatting, playing around before the school started. Kristina felt it wasn’t that bad enrolling to this school, it seemed comfortable and good, also, the students seemed kind and supportive too.

 

***

3 days ago…

“What did you say?” The father tried to get what his son had said before. His face looked like he was mad at his own son, he got boiled up and the son soon learnt his father’s expression

“I wanna move to another school.” The son named Kris coldly said for the second time about what he wanted, he knew his father would be mad at him quickly but he just didn’t want his father to manage his life forever. This was the right time for him to speak his mind. “Dad, I don’t want to get married.”

“She’s a good girl, she suits you! Can’t you see your brother is all happy with his fiancée right now? This is our tradition!” His father yelled. He had already made a pact with his friend that someday, he would marry Kris with the daughter of his friend’s for a business department because he helped him before for his company’s success as stakeholder.

“It’s because Zhoumi loves her!! I don’t even know who she is then, this morning I just knew that she enrolls to my school and being all clingy on me.” Kris almost shouted out loud to his own father, he panted heavily because he started to feel the high tense

His father heaved a long sigh, his forehead was furrowed. His eyes diverted to his son’s figure, trying to understand what he wanted as he thought about his decision very hard. “Alright then, you can move.”

Kris was a surprised because it was the first time ever hearing his father agreed to him. “Tha--“

Before Kris expressed his gratitude to his father, the old man continued his sentence. “But with one condition……..” Kris was all anticipated about what his father would say again, he just hoped it wouldn’t be a nightmare for him. “You have to be a girl.”

“W-what?” Kris batted his eyes, digesting what his father’s words on him

“You have to pretend as a girl so that my friend can’t find where you are, plus, you love acting, right? It will be a piece of cake for you….. If anyone finds out and you are being chased by my friend, just come to the house already and marry his daughter.”

Kris still disbelief about what he just said to him, yes, he loved acting, he was the best in his school when it came to being a handsome prince who looked like a fallen angel and rode a white horse but he never experienced being a girl before. It was a challenge for him from his own father…

“You’ll live in Zhoumi’s house, he and Song Qian will take care of you.”

 

***

Present…

“Excuse me, can I sit beside you?” Kris who pretended to be a beautiful young student approached the particular boy in the class  

The brown haired boy looked up to Kris, figuring out what was happening right now. For about 5 seconds, he tried to learn Kris’s face. Something was revolving in his head, he felt like something was different from this new student. “Well, yeah…”

Kris dragged the chair, putting down his bag on the table and fixing his skirt before taking the seat. “By the way, I’m Kristina.”

Kris’s smooth tone gave chilled on the boy’s spine, it was something like eargasm in the early morning. “I’m Henry.”

Henry asked Kris to shake his hand, Henry felt something was wrong with this noob at first because he thought this girl’s grip was strong and he only knew one girl who had strong grip other than this Kristina.

“First time here?” Henry asked the ‘girl’, he put a sweet smile on his face, trying to comfort Kristina so that this girl didn’t feel awkward around him

“Yeah, this is my first day of the school. It seems pretty nice here, hope we can be good friends.” Kris reciprocated Henry’s smile with his, trying to be a kind girl so, this boy didn’t recognize the truth.

“Cool, sure.” Then, Henry started to read the book again as couple of times staring out the window and giving text to someone particular. Kris studied Henry’s attitude, he seemed uncomfortable for some reason, so, he decided to ask him.

“What’s wrong?”

“My friend hasn’t come yet, school will start very soon. Maybe, she’s still in her slumber or something like that.” Henry answered Kris without looking at him, he messed up his own hair and tried to call his girl friend.

As Henry was still trying to call his friend, the female teacher entered the class. The students who were playing around, running, shouting out loud crazily, ran to each of their chair very fast and greeted the teacher.

“Good morning, class.” Teacher said

“Good morning, ma’am.” All the students greeted back

“Today we have new student. Her name is Kristina, can Kristina stand up to greet all your new friends?” The female teacher smiled to Kris, he was still shy in front of the others. He was little bit afraid if he did something wrong, then, it would be very awkward and weird.

Henry nudged his elbow lightly, giving him a signal to introduce and greet all of them in front of the class. Kris looked at Henry who was sitting beside him and the brown haired boy nodded slightly, he started to stand up and walk down the aisle to the front of the class. His long blonde hair made all the girls envy him and the boys have crush on him already.

Kris’s eyes looked around the class, his fingers were fidgeting. The teacher asked him to introduce himself one more time. “C’mon, Kristina.”

“Err… Hi, everybody.” His girly tone sounded amazing, that was wonderful for each of one who heard it.

“HIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!” All the students greeted him back excitedly and Kris felt more comfortable from now on

Kris introduced his name to everyone around as he bowed 90 degrees, showing off his good manners. “My name is Kristina, good morning..”

All of sudden, the sound of slamming door was being heard by everyone. Someone was in a rush, her sweat was dripping from her forehead and her uniform wasn’t tucked in the skirt. “Good morning, I’m sorry I’m late!!!”

All pairs of eyes diverted to the girl who was being late this morning, it wasn’t unusual for the others but Kris because he was still new. His eyes looked into the girl’s eyes soon after he found out her name because the teacher shouted at the particular student.

“AMBER! You’re late again!” The teacher was all mad and red as she shouted to Amber.

“I’m so sorry, ma’am. I’m so sorry…” Amber bowed in front of her, still not realizing the presence of the new student. Kris smiled looking at Amber’s attitude toward the teacher, he didn’t know her figure attracted his eyes to keep eyeing every single thing she did.

“Oh, shoot! You’re new?” After Amber looked up again, finally, her eyes met Kris’s for the first time

“Yes, good morning, my name is Kristina.” Kris bowed to Amber and she only replied him by bowing awkwardly. Then, Kris bowed to everybody again. “Please, take care of me. Hope we can be good friends.”

Amber kept looking at Kris’s figure, she thought that this girl was very innocent and kind to everybody around. The teacher asked Kris to take his seat again beside Henry and she told Amber to sit in corner of the class as the punishment for being late.

The class started but Kris couldn’t take his eyes off of Amber’s figure who was sitting in the corner, he secretly stole the time to admire her couple of times. Her black hair, almond eyes, cute nose and pinkish lips looked very feminine and pretty but the way she acted and talked was all very boyish. She seemed different from others and he was interested in her already.

“She’s my bestie, her name is Amber.” Henry’s voice broke Kris’s imagination out of the blue. “She’s the one that I called many times before.”

“She has beautiful name and unique attitude.” Kris smiled widely to Henry

“Well, yeah. Every girl has a crush on her.” Henry told Kris about Amber, Kris was all like wow and it was actually very expected. Then, Henry’s face got closer to Kris’s left ear, he whispered him something. “And they’re still thinking she has a .”

Kris chuckled at Henry’s statement. “Seriously?”

“Uh-huh, it’s all because Amber always played as prince for the stupid drama club. A girl that Amber held her hand was all like fangirling over her for two weeks, the girl whom Amber kissed before for Snow White drama was unconscious for three days, those girls keep sending love letters to her especially on Valentine’s day.” Henry recapped what those girls did to his best friend, Kris couldn’t say anything but just felt funny in his heart. She was really something and it must be fun knowing her further more.

“Can you introduce her to me?” Kris asked Henry

“Oh, why? I think because you guys are girls so, it will be a lot more easier.” Henry guessed it wrong

“I’m still shy.” Kris was all like showing off his girly side to Henry, making the boy restrain himself from cupping Kris’s cheeks and kissing him immediately because the new student was very cute for his eyes.

“Sure.”

***

“Amber, this is Kristina and Kristina, this is Amber.” Henry introduced them to each other after the basketball match that Amber played.

“Hi, nice to meet you again, newbie.” Amber her hand forward for shaking Kris’s hand. He looked at Amber’s small hand at first, he was in awe but he controlled his feeling

“Nice to meet you too.” Kris smiled, looking at Amber’s brown eyes. He was still grabbing Amber’s hand as he was mesmerized by her

“Hey, looking at you closer like this actually I’m taller than you.” Amber wiped her sweat with her white towel as she spoke to Kris

Kris made one step closer to Amber, so, that he could measure their height. Their faces were almost touched with each other but because Amber knew that Kris was really a girl, so, she didn’t flinch at all. “Well, you’re quite tall as a girl~.”

Kris showed his gummy smile and his eyes were all excited while he was talking to Amber like this. She furrowed her eyebrows as kept wiping her face, “Thanks…”

“Well, girls, what about looking around this school together? Amber, I think we should bring Kristina around.” Henry broke the Kris and Amber’s moment by suggesting to walk around the school because it was Kris’s first time being here.

“Okay.” Amber just agreed what Henry suggested. She went to toilet first to change her outfit while Henry and Kris waited for her.

When Amber was exiting the toilet with her usual uniform, Kris’s heart flared up. The outfit just suited her body very well, especially when she wore it tidily. While Kris was still amazed by her appearance, Amber started to ask him to walk around. “Kristina, come on.”

Kris gathered all of his thoughts very fast in order that he didn’t look ridiculous in front of Henry and Amber. “Let’s go.”

When they were walking around, Kris was actually jealous of the relationship between Henry and Amber. They seemed very close, laughing out loud together, teasing each other, making nonsense jokes that only they both who understood it, Kris wanted it too but he just saw them silently as he smiled slightly while Henry ruffled Amber’s hair jokingly.

From the distance, Kris’s eyes caught some figures. He felt like he ever knew those boys but he couldn’t recall it right now because his mind was being distracted by Amber’s presence beside him.

“Oh, those boys.” Henry stopped his step as he stopped making fun of Amber too

“The playboy Chanyeol and his gang.” Amber added it and Kris remembered about something after Amber said the name of the leader.

“What’s his name?” Kris asked it to make sure about what he was thinking right now.

“Chanyeol, he’s my rival for being a Prince in the drama club.” Amber informed him, she was quite mad at Chanyeol because he stole her role for three times in a row these past few days

“Chanyeol?” Kris narrowed his eyes, trying to remember his past. There was a boy who had this high potential in acting department when he was still in Junior High School, he was Kris’s rival of all time in every field that he did. Drama, basketball, soccer, studying, even in making friends category. Chanyeol was always with his ten friends everywhere and he always made Kris feel like being challenged every time he faced Chanyeol.

Now, out of all the schools in Korea, out of all the schools in this world, why did Chanyeol enroll to the school that Kris enrolled too? Kris thought that he would be screwed up if the Chanyeol boy and his gang remembered him, he must’ve made his life very difficult.

“Guys, excuse me.” Kris gave slight smile to Amber and Henry, he excused himself because it seemed like Chanyeol was catching his figure already.

“Kristina, where are you going??” Amber called him, her voice sounded loud to be heard by Chanyeol and his friends.

 

 

 

“Hey, wait….” Tao realized something new in this school, they all knew all of the students’ face one by one but someone who was turning around as soon as Tao caught the appearance. “Isn’t that Kris?”

“Kris?” Chanyeol asked him back, trying to remember who Kris was. When his mind pictured all the scenes in his Junior High School’s life, his eyes popped out. “DO YOU MEAN THAT KREASE WHO ALWAYS BEAT ME UP IN EVERY SINGLE THAT I DID ON MY MISERABLE DAYS IN JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL??!??!?!!??!?!?!” Chanyeol grabbed Tao’s collar

“Yes!”

“Where’s that little ??” Chanyeol’s eyes were searching everywhere for Kris’s figure but he couldn’t find it and even the others didn’t notice his appearance either.

“See that girl who is walking around with hamster and llama?” Tao’s eyes diverted to those three and made Chanyeol followed his direction too. Chanyeol thought that the girl seemed look like Kris but Kris didn’t have long hair and never wore skirt to the school.

“We should find out, follow me.” Chanyeol led his gang to Amber and Henry’s position but his eyes only followed Kris’s figure which made Chanyeol and his friends face his back as Kris managed to walk away from them all to hide himself

“Yo!” Chanyeol greeted with his shouting and put his hand up

Amber and Henry were confused because they both thought Chanyeol greeted them. Amber almost replied Chanyeol but the boy shouted a particular name.

“KREASE! LONG TIME NO SEE, BRO!” 

Kris’s eyes closed and a cussed word was let out from his mouth without a sound, his life was ed and this couldn’t end up like this on the first day of his school.