Final

[Short-series] I'll make you fall for me again

 

 

“Baby, I miss you.” A pair of arms wrapped around Nana from her back.

 

“I miss you too. Very much,” she replies lovingly, putting her hands on them. The breeze was softly hitting them. They were on the top of a hill. Just two of them.

 

“It’s beautiful isn’t it?” Nana uttered, directing to the view from their place.

 

“Hmm,” the other voice hummed. “You’re beautiful too.” Nana chuckled and turned around facing the owner of the voice.

 

“Aigoo Junho-ah, you’re so cheesy.”Junho laughed, showing his eye smile.

 

“I’m cheesy just for you.”

 

“Eeee,” Nana stuck out her tongue playfully. Slowly, Junho pulled out a small box from his pocket. Opening its lid, he smiled to her.

 

“These are couple rings. They’re silver. You said you want it right?" Nana was surprised. She looked at him with sparkling eyes.

 

"OMG. This is so beautiful. You shouldn't have-"

 

"Baby, I've bought it, so, any argument is invalid," Junho firmly uttered, cutting her off. Nana giggled and gave him a warm hug.

 

"Thank you Nuneo-ah," she said.

 

"Anything for you," Junho kissed her full on the lips. Gladly, Nana returned the kiss.

 

"Okay, I've engraved inside the both rings with one of it is LJH and another one is KNN. You'll wear LJH and mine will be KNN. Get it?" Nana nodded and smiled. She was too happy.

 

Softly, Junho slid the couple ring to Nana's finger and Nana did the same to Junho. Nana put her head on his chest while wrapping her arms around his waist.

 

She could hear how fast Junho's heartbeat was and she loved it. Junho took the initiative wrapping his arms around her, sniffing her sweet hair's scent.

 

"I'm feeling like we're married," Nana blurted out.

 

"Really?" Junho let out a chuckle. "Should we get married then?" That made Junho earned a light hit on his chest.

 

“We’re still young to get married.” He giggled upon Nana's reaction.

 

"Don't leave me okay? Promise?" Junho looked at her in the eyes and smiled.

 

"Okay. I promise. I love you."

 

Nana woke up from her beauty sleep with a frown on. She sat up and scrunched up her face sourly.

 

"Why did I keep getting the same dream? Including this time, it has been five times since I become Junho's slave five days ago. The dream seemed so real yet why is it must be Junho. Not to mention a few other dreams that involved him."

 

Nana huffed and ruffled her hair messily. "Maybe I can ask Grandma about it." She got up and went to wash up.

 

***

 

“Grandma,” Nana called, helping her grandmother preparing breakfast. She was making toast.

 

“Yes my dear,” her grandma replied, continued making hot tea in a pot. She stirred it slowly.

 

“I have been getting weird dreams lately and there is one dream that is same every time. Remember the dream I told grandma before? Still the same dream. Do grandma know anything about it?”

 

Nana went to put a plate of toasts on the table and came back to the kitchen.

 

Grandma had a serious face on. “I think it’s time to tell you the truth.” Nana frowned in confusion. She couldn’t understand a thing.

 

“Come. I’ll tell you while having breakfast,” Grandma said and walked slowly to the table while bringing a tray of a tea pot and cups along. Nana followed silently behind. She was feeling anxious.

 

Grandma cleared before starting.

 

“I think the dreams were your memories. Two years ago, I found you unconscious in front of my old house’s door. Your face and body were full of cuts and wounds. I didn’t know what you had gone through to get all those wounds and cuts. I brought you into my old house and treated you. Three days later only you awoke. At that time you lost your memory and didn’t remember anything about your family. You only remembered your name.”

 

Grandma stopped for a while before continue.

 

“I tried my best to get help to search your family but to no avail. Looking through your ID, I found an address but it was unavailable. Finally I’ve decided to let you live with me since I was living alone. I got help from my friends and managed to move here with hope you could gain back your memory and also find your family. I’m sorry for not telling you earlier,” Grandma said, feeling guilty.

 

Nana immediately went to hug her grandma even though she herself was still confused. “It’s okay grandma. At least grandma has tried to search for my family,” Nana uttered, patting grandma’s back. She closed her eyes, trying to accept the truth.

 

Grandma pulled away and looked lovingly at Nana. “Remember a necklace with a silver ring that I gave to you?”

 

Nana rapidly nodded, touching the ring of the necklace that hung around her neck anxiously.

 

“The ring was in your grasp when I found you. I do think that the ring is related to your dream Nana.”

 

Nana took a look at the silver ring. She peeked inside the silver and saw engrave –LJH. She gasped.

 

 

***

 

 

“Why do you want to meet me here?” Junho asked, taking a seat on one of the swing.

 

Nana told him to meet her at a playground. There was no one around since it was early in the morning.

 

“And at 10 am,” Junho added, looking at his watch. “You’re supposed to follow my order, not I’m the one who followed yours.”

 

“I need to tell you something but before that, Gina unnie did tell me the reason why you barely talked to girls,” Nana calmly uttered, moving the swing she sat on to the front and back.

 

Junho looked at her, seemed angry. “Why did she-”

 

“Don’t blame her Junho. She kept it for a while already and I was the one who insisted her to tell,” Nana truthfully said, kept looking at the front while moving the swing.

 

She continued. “What if I tell you that I’m Nana that lost to nowhere two years ago? You know, my face and hers are alike and our name is even the same.”

 

Junho turned to her with his eyes widen. “What do you mean by that? Nana is-” he looked down on the ground. “…dead.”

 

“Do you believe that she’s dead?” Nana asked, turning her head to Junho.

 

Junho hesitantly shook his head. Tears started to roll down his cheeks. He was crying. Nana got up and stood in front of Junho.

 

She then kneeled on the ground, brushing her thumbs on Junho’s cheeks to remove his tears. Junho was slightly flinched as he was taken aback with her action.

 

“Nuneo-ah,” Nana called. Junho looked up with eyes widen and mouth slightly ajar, shocked written on his face.

 

“No one ever called me that except-” he stopped. Nana smiled sweetly.

 

“I’m your Nana.” Showing the silver ring engraved LJH inside it, she added. “This is the proved.”

 

Junho became speechless. Slowly his brain processed of what Nana told him. When realization hit him, he instantly hugged her tightly. His tears flowed even more.

 

“I missed you. I missed you so much. Where did you go? I have been searching for you for two years.”

 

Returning his hug, Nana patted his back. “My grandma told me that I lost my memory. I only knew my name.”

 

Junho pulled away, holding Nana’s shoulders, looking at her straight in the eyes.

 

“Your memory has returned now?” Nana smiled and shook her head.

 

“Not whole. I can only remember when we were on top of hill and also a few other places that I consider as our dates’ place since you were being sweet almost all the time at the places. The rest, no,” she explained.

 

Junho was being shy a bit because of a part of her explanation.

 

“Junho-ah,” Nana called. Junho hummed, raising his eyebrows. “I’m sorry to tell you this but I don’t remember that I love you,” she said sadly, hung her head low.

 

“You don’t remember…at all?” Junho asked. Nana nodded.

 

“But...when I’m with you, I feel something different. I do think I like you a bit,” she shyly admitted.

 

Junho closed his eyes, took a deep breath and opened his eyes back. He smiled, even showing his eye smile.

 

“It’s okay if you don’t remember,” he moved his face closer to Nana’s ear.

 

“I’ll make you fall for me again.”                                    

 

THE END


Finally done! Feel free to drop your comment!

Thanks for those who subscribed, commented and read this story. I appreciate it so much!

Till next story. Ppyong~