Déjà vu

[Short-series] I'll make you fall for me again

 

“You’re late,” Junho said, leaning against the wall while looking at his watch with no expression.

 

 

“I’m sorry. I was trapped in traffic just now,” Nana explained, panting heavily because she was running.

 

 

“I don’t care. Let’s get in,” Junho instructed, turning away and walked in. Nana stared at the place’s signboard.

 

 

J&N Orphanage House? What- 

 

 

Before she managed to proceed her thought, she was cut off by someone’s voice.

 

 

“Yah, what are you staring at? Follow me now!” Junho strictly ordered. Without waiting any longer, Nana silently followed him. In her mind, she was wondering about what was Junho doing here and also, why she was told to come here.

 

 

Entering a room which looked like a kitchen, Nana was awed with its decoration. The kitchen was decorated using classic theme. At a corner there’s a girl who was standing, back facing them. She was washing dishes in the sink.

 

 

“Hi Gina noona!” Junho greeted the girl happily, gifting a kiss on her cheek.

 

 

“Oh, Junho-ah! Why you were so late? The kids are waiting for you,” Gina answered excitedly, still not turning around.

 

 

“Um, I was waiting for a friend,” he replied, scratching his head while sending a glare to Nana. Nana lowered her head and looked down the floor. She knew that was her fault.

 

 

“Friend?” Gina turned around and looked surprised a bit. Nana bowed a bit and greeted Gina formally.

 

 

“Hi,” she said, flashing a sweet smile. “I’m Nana.”

 

 

Gina’s eyes widen a bit but then she smiled. “I’m Gina. Call me unnie.”

 

 

“Okay…” Nana awkwardly smiled. She knew that Gina was a nice person.

 

 

Gina then turned to Junho and pushed him away as she finished washing the dishes. “Now, go to the kids. They have been dying to see you. Go go go!”

 

 

“I got it! I got it!” Junho laughed and walked to me. When he was in front of me, his expression instantly changed to a serious one.

 

 

“Help Gina noona. Do whatever she tell you to do. Remember, I’ll be watching you,” he told with absolutely serious expression ever. Nana nodded rapidly and watched Junho walked away silently.

 

 

“Hey girl,” Gina called; making Nana turned her body to her. “What’s your name again?”

 

 

“Nana,” Nana quickly answered. "Kim Nana." Gina smiled sweetly.

 

 

“Nice name. Anyway, what is your relationship with Junho? He never brought a female friend to here before,” she asked curiously.

 

 

“Um, I’m just his college friend,” Nana answered and smiled awkwardly.

 

 

“Really? I thought you’re his girlfriend,” Gina casually said. “It’s quite weird if he has one because he barely talks to girl. Aigoo, he should have talk to girl more to get himself a girlfriend.”

 

 

Nana nodded. She was curious. Curious about why Junho didn’t talk to girl. She wanted to ask but she didn’t want to interrupt his personal. But then, she asked it anyway. Well her curiosity was killing her in the inside.

 

 

“Unnie….why Junho barely talks to girl?” Nana finally said it. Her eyes slightly grew because she was anticipating the answer.

 

 

Gina sighed and looked around. She then looked Nana in the eyes,

 

 

“I shouldn’t tell you but I don’t know why I want to tell you.” Gina took a deep breath before continue.

 

 

“He doesn’t want to fall in love again. Two years ago, his previous girlfriend was lost to nowhere yet declared died. I know his girlfriend didn’t die yet. Her body wasn’t found yet and I don’t know how come police could declare her dead. She didn’t die yet.”

 

 

Nana saw tears rolling down to Gina’s cheeks. She was crying. Nana felt guilty for making Gina telling all those. Without waiting any longer, she went to hug her.

 

 

“I’m sorry for making unnie telling me all these,” she said, still hugging the crying Gina. Gina chuckled, wiping her tears away after breaking their warm hug.

 

 

“Don’t worry dear. I’ve been keeping this for a while. So, it is a relief I can let it out,” she uttered, smiling sweetly. “You know why I told you?”

 

 

Nana shook her head.  “Why unnie?”

 

 

“Her face and yours are quite alike. Your name is even the same as her,” Gina truthfully told.

 

 

“Oh? Really unnie? Wah,” Nana was amazed. She had never met anyone who had that much similar with her. “Um, unnie. Can I ask you something?”

 

 

“Sure, what is it?”

 

 

“What is your relationship between you and Junho? I was just curious,” Nana grinned sheepishly.

 

 

“Ah, I’m Junho’s previous girlfriend’s unnie,” Gina grinned. “Surprised?”

 

 

Nana’s mouth was slightly apart due to the statement.

 

 

“I’m surprised. Really,” she said. Gina laughed.

 

 

“Aigoo. You’re so cute,” she patted Nana’s head lightly. “I have small things to do. You just go and watch Junho’s performance okay?”

 

 

Nana nodded but then she blinked in confusion. “Junho’s what?”

 

 

“Performance for the kids,” Gina frowned. “He didn’t tell you anything?”

 

 

Nana shook her head. “I came here because I need to be his slave for a week. There is a mistake of mine that lead me to be his slave,” she finally told, sighing heavily.

 

 

Gina however laughed hearing that. “Tell me about it later. Go now,” she instructed.

 

 

“Okay.”

 

 

Slowly Nana dragged her feet to look for Junho and the kids. As she was walking, she heard a low music sound and singing. The more she walked ahead, the louder the music and the singing.

 

 

Nana amazed with what she was watching. Her lips curved a smile. She took a seat and watched Junho playing guitar and singing happily to the kids which aged between 5-9 years old.

 

 

Somehow, listening to Junho’s voice making Nana felt like a déjà vu. She felt like she had listened to his voice before but she couldn’t recall.