Just Please

Love in the Rain

Right after Yoona called that guy named Boom, she immediately took Jong Hyun to the nearest hospital. Thank God there was an ahjussi who lived nearby and woke up because of her screaming. He helped her find a taxi before she rushed him to the emergency room.

 

She arrived to the welcome hands of doctors and nurses. When they knew that Jong Hyun is stabbed at the back, they took him to the x-ray examination room and found out that the knife cut through his gastric. He was bleeding internally and needed surgery right away.

 

“Excuse me, miss, are you Lee Jong Hyun’s relative?” A nurse came approaching Yoona and handed her some kind of form to be filled in, “Here is our hospital admission form. You just need to fill it in with the patient’s personal information then you can return it back to me. I will be at the nurse station.”

 

Yoona did not know what to say. First, she barely knew the guy. He came out of nowhere, rescuing her from being . Second, if she told the nurse that she did not know Jong Hyun, they might refuse of taking him to surgery and he might lose his life because of it. So she just stood there in silence, holding the empty form without nothing to say.

 

“Jogiyo!” Yoona called out the nurse before she walked away, “He’s gonna be fine, right? The doctors will safe him, right?” The anxiousness was apparent on her face. She might now know the guy but he saved her life. That guy had to live. He had to. Or else… she would feel miserable throughout her life. She had not even said thank you to him.

 

The nurse gave her a smile before answering, “The doctors are doing the best they can to safe him.”

 

A diplomatic answer. Yoona hated that the most. But she also knew that the nurse did not have anything more to say. And it frustrated her more. She tried to sit down and filled in the form, but aside from his name, she did not know any information about Jong Hyun. So she decided to peek to the alley that leads to his surgery room. It was empty. That made her heart beats even faster.

 

As she was pacing back and forth in the waiting room, a guy came running to the nurse station asking for Lee Jong Hyun. He was out of breath and literally drowned in sweats. Panic was shown all over his face. He obviously looked worried.

 

After she heard Jong Hyun’s name being mentioned, she walked towards the guy, “Excuse me, are you Boom-ssi?”

 

The guy looked at her, trying to digest her question before realizing that this girl was the one who called him earlier, “Yoona-ssi?”

“Ne…” She looked relieved because she had found the right guy. At least, she could share her burden to somebody who actually knew Jong Hyun, whoever that guy is. “Thank God you’re here. I was out my mind.”

 

“Tell me what happened.” Boom demanded. And there she went, telling him everything. How she was walking alone that night, coming home from work as a make-up artist. She had forgotten her coat and left it at the photo studio. That was why she was wearing such thin clothes. When walked in a narrow alley, a drunken guy approached her. He tried to attack her and she was nearly died because of it. Then Jong Hyun came and fought the bandit, knocking him down. He was trying to save her life but the bandit caught him off guard and stabbed him from the back.

 

“I’m sorry. It was because of me.” A tear came down through Yoona’s cheek. She looked terribly sorry for what happened. “If only I didn’t forget to bring my coat, he wouldn’t be in this state.”

 

“It’s okay. It’s not your fault. That guy has a hero complex. Sometimes I want to hit his head because of his irresponsible act.” Boom sighed. He rested his head on the back of his chair. He turned his gaze to the glass door at the end of the hallway, wishing, praying for the health of his brother from another mother.

 

“Are you his brother?” Yoona asked.

 

“Sort of. I was Jong Hyun’s big brother’s best friend before he passed away.”

 

“Oh, I’m sorry.” Somehow, after knowing one fact about Jong Hyun, Yoona wanted to know more. She was curious about what kind of man he was. “He looked like he knew what he’s doing earlier, you know, when he fought.”

 

“Yeah, he used to be a judo athlete back in junior high through high school. He even won a few gold medals but he loves music more so he decided to stop and move to Seoul for college two years ago.”

 

“I see…” She looked down at her feet, feeling even more terrible because now she knew that Jong Hyun was a decent guy. She felt like her heart was crushed. It was weird because she never felt this way towards someone. And noting that she never knew Jong Hyun just added the awkwardness.

 

You need to survive, Jong Hyun-ssi. Don’t go towards the bright lights and come back alive, understand? Please.. Please…

 

Both of them sat side by side in silence. They did not exchange any words since each was praying on their own. Then suddenly, a nurse wearing surgery cap and robe came out the glass door and asked for Jong Hyun’s family. Boom immediately stood up and came to her, Yoona followed through.

 

“Is there anything wrong, Ma’am?” Boom asked the nurse worriedly. His face is pale white. He imagined the worst had happened and he just could not take it if the youngest of Mr. Lee’s son died on his watch. Not again.


“Jong Hyun-ssi had lost a lot of blood. We need blood transfusion but unfortunately we don’t have enough O blood type. We already asked our blood bank to transfer more bags but we still need more. We need a donor. Is your blood type O, sir?”

 

“No, I’m A.”

 

Horror is shown on the nurse’s face. If they cannot find a donor now, he might now make it.

 

“Me.. My blood type is O.” Suddenly, Yoona came forward. Without waiting, the nurse grabbed her hand and rushed her to enter the surgery area. Yoona did not have the chance to say anything to Boom. He just gave her a look which Yoona understood as gratitude.

 

After she went inside, she found herself to be in the preparation room. Right in front of her was a big glass window and she could see him in there, lying helplessly on the table. She could feel her tears flowing as she realized that they guy in there was fighting for his life because of her. The least thing she could do was giving him her blood.

 

The nurse who dragged her in had disappeared to the operation room while another nurse helped her prepare for the donor procedure.

 

“It will sting a little bit at the beginning, but it’s okay.” The nurse smiled at her, “Are you ready?”

 

Yoona nodded, “How much blood does he need, ma’am?”

 

“We only need one more bag. The rest are taken from our blood bank.”

 

“He’s gonna be okay, right?”

 

The nurse smiled again, “The doctors are doing the best they can.” Then, she inserted the needle to Yoona’s right arm. Deep red fluid came flowing immediately after the needle was in. For the first time in her life, she saw fresh blood coming out from her body. She was always afraid of blood. But not today. Today, she needed to be brave. Jong Hyun was brave for saving her life earlier. She, too, needed to be brave to save his life.

Just please… come back alive…

 

 

 

Author's Note:

I know Yoona's blood type is not O. But for the sake of the story, can we just pretend that her blood type is O? I hope you can understand ^^

See you next time with another update!