Confessions

Scars
Himchan sat on the sofa with his arms crossed over his chest and a frown on his face.  He was mumbling to himself and occasionally glaring at the two vocals standing in front of him.  Jongup was sitting next to him, looking down, avoiding the stares of the others, and picking at the sofa.
 
“Absolutely not,” Himchan finally said, “I don’t even need to go.”
 
“You freaked out when you were left here by yourself,” Youngjae said matter-of-factly, placing his hands on his hips.
 
“And you’ve been clinging to Zelo ever since we all got back,” Daehyun added, smirking.
 
“I- I- I…” Himchan stuttered, causing both Daehyun and Youngjae to look smugger.  “Oh shut up, both of you!  I wasn’t freaking out.  I was just wondering where you all were.”
 
“Mhm,” Daehyun and Youngjae responded simultaneously, disbelieving.
 
“And I haven’t been clinging to Zelo,” Himchan continued.  “He’s the one not leaving me alone.”
 
Zelo stirred when he heard that.  “But hyung, you told me to stay with you,” he said, looking at Himchan, who scowled at him.  “Remember?”  Himchan just told Zelo to hush, before he glared back at Daehyun and Youngjae.
 
“I’m not going to therapy and that is final,” Himchan said, turning away from the vocalists.  Everyone then looked at Jongup.
 
Jongup could feel all the eyes on him even though he was still looking downward.  Without turning away from twiddling with the sofa, Jongup mumbled, “I thought I was doing better.”
 
Youngjae opened his mouth to respond, but Yongguk beat him to it.  “You have been doing better… a lot better,” Yongguk said.  “You’ve even been helping me.”
 
“Helping you?” Youngjae questioned.
 
“What’s wrong with you?” Daehyun asked, raising an eyebrow.
 
Yongguk scratched the back of his head, looking sheepish.  “Uh…”
 
“There’s nothing wrong with Yongguk-hyung,” Jongup said rashly, jumping up and staring Daehyun and Youngjae down.
 
“Okay…,” Daehyun mumbled, glancing at Youngjae as he and the younger vocal both took a step back from Jongup.
 
Yongguk walked over and patted Jongup on the shoulder.  When the younger looked at him, Yongguk smiled genuinely and lead Jongup back to the sofa.
 
Daehyun and Youngjae just looked at each other, confused as to what just happened.
 
“Okay, what is going on with all of you?” Youngjae asked.  Four pairs of confused eyes looked back at him, causing him to sigh and roll his eyes.
 
“What are you talking about?” Yongguk asked.
 
“You’re all acting like you’re in love with each other!” Daehyun blurted out.  His response was a bunch of wide eyes and blushing faces.
 
Ignoring his blushing, Himchan rolled his eyes and laughed.  “That’s hilarious coming from the infamous DaeJae couple.”
 
Daehyun and Youngjae just gasped.  Youngjae’s mouth gaped open, making him look like a fish.  Slowly their faces also started to blush.
 
Himchan laughed again.  “Ha!  See, you’re both blushing.”
 
“You were blushing too!” Daehyun shouted.
 
Youngjae nodded before pointing back and forth between Himchan and Zelo.  “Every time Zelo is near, you start blushing like crazy.”
 
“Meaning all the time,” Daehyun mumbled, “since they’re never apart.”
 
Himchan just blushed again and turned away when Zelo stared inquisitively at him.  The ulzzang cleared his throat but never said anything.
 
“And you two,” Youngjae said, pointing at Yongguk and Jongup, who had both unconsciously scooted away from each other when love was first mentioned.  “You’ve been spending a lot of time together lately.”
 
“Is it true?” Zelo asked quietly, looking at Himchan.
 
“Yeah, it’s true,” Youngjae answered, thinking that Zelo was talking to him.  “Just look at them.”
 
“Ever since Yongguk-hyung followed Jonguppie to the practice room they’ve been practically inseparable,” Daehyun said, “whispering and hugging and… who knows what else.”
 
Yongguk frowned at Daehyun.  “What do you mean ‘who knows what else?” he asked darkly.
 
Daehyun just smirked at Yongguk.
 
“It’s true,” Himchan mumbled.
 
“See!  Even Himchan agrees,” Daehyun said, before looking over at Himchan only to see the older looking at Zelo.
 
Daehyun and Youngjae were so engrossed in the topic of Yongguk’s and Jongup’s relationship that they hadn’t realized that Himchan and Zelo were having their own conversation.
 
“It’s true,” Himchan repeated before sighing dramatically and standing up.  “I have feelings for you!”
 
Yongguk, Daehyun, Youngjae, and Jongup just watched on, completely shocked.  Daehyun and Youngjae already figured that Himchan felt that way, and Yongguk had his suspicions, but they were surprised that Himchan would just admit it like that.
 
“I don’t know how it happened,” Himchan said, starting to pace.  “I just know that… that night when you made me sleep in your bed, things started to change for me… and that kiss too…”
 
“Mwo?” Zelo looked taken aback.
 
“What kiss?” Yongguk, Daehyun, and Youngjae asked simultaneously.
 
“You two kissed?” Jongup asked.
 
Zelo shook his head, not remembering kissing Himchan.
 
“Zelo was asleep…” Himchan began, but was interrupted.
 
“You kissed Zelo while he was asleep?” Yongguk asked, standing up and looking at Himchan disapprovingly.
 
“What else did you do to him?” Youngjae asked, frowning.
 
Himchan glared at Youngjae.  “I didn’t do anything else.  Zelo was sleeping, and I was waiting for him to start sleep talking because I hadn’t heard it in a while.  We were talking… and then… and then…”
 
“And then you kissed me?” Zelo asked, pouting because he couldn’t remember this.
 
“Ne,” Himchan admitted, blushing.  “I don’t know why I did it, but I did.  I tried to avoid you the next day, but that didn’t work out so well.”
 
“That’s why you were acting so weird,” Youngjae mumbled.
 
Himchan and Zelo were just staring at each other, so Yongguk cleared his throat and suggested, “Why don’t we give them a bit of privacy?”
 
Jongup nodded and walked to the kitchen, but Yongguk had to practically drag Daehyun and Youngjae out of the room.
 
“Araso,” Youngjae said once the four was all in the kitchen.  “Now that Himchan has confessed, it’s your turn.”  Daehyun and Youngjae looked pointedly at Yongguk and Jongup.  They sat down at the kitchen table, smiling and smirking, waiting for Yongguk or Jongup to start talking.
 
Jongup was looking anywhere but at Yongguk, while Yongguk was staring at Jongup, wondering.  He smiled when he thought about what he and Jongup had gone through since the “incident.”
 
“Jongup,” Yongguk said, causing the younger to tense up and blush.
 
“I um… I uh… need to go to the bathroom,” Jongup said before rushing out of the kitchen.
 
Yongguk sighed as he watched Jongup leave the room.
 
“Was that a rejection?” Daehyun asked, turning to Youngjae.
 
“Be quiet!” Yongguk growled out before he too left the kitchen, frowning when he heard Daehyun and Youngjae snickering behind him.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~HimLo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
“Mianhe, Junhong,” Himchan whispered.
 
Zelo tilted his head and looked at Himchan confusedly.  “What are you sorry for?” he asked the older.
 
Himchan opened his mouth to respond, but paused when Jongup ran out of the kitchen and down the back hallway.  Momentarily shocked, Himchan shook his head and went to answer Zelo again, but then Yongguk left the kitchen.
 
“If you’re going to give us privacy, then do it properly!” Himchan shouted at the leader, but Yongguk barely acknowledged that he heard the second oldest as he continued in the same direction as Jongup.  Himchan just rolled his eyes and huffed.
 
“Hyung,” Zelo mumbled, pulling lightly on the older’s sleeve.
 
“Oh,” Himchan responded, blushing.
 
Zelo smiled and cupped Himchan’s cheek.  “Himchannie-hyung is cute when he blushes.”
 
Himchan’s eyes widened when he heard that and staring into the maknae’s big, innocent blinking eyes made Himchan blush even more.  He knocked Zelo’s hand away from his face and turned around, slapping his cheeks, hoping the heat to fade away.
 
“Ya!  I’m the hyung here,” Himchan said, trying to sound tough and lecturing, but sounding more like he was unsure.
 
“I know,” Zelo replied simply.
 
Himchan sighed and turned back around, facing Zelo.  “I’m sorry that I kissed you when you were asleep,” he confessed.  Zelo nodded.  “I wasn’t trying to take advantage of you or anything.  I just… I…  Well I can’t explain why I did it because I don’t even know.  It just sort of happened.”
 
“So you don’t like me then?” Zelo asked, tilting his head again.
 
Himchan wanted to hit Zelo in the head for looking so cute.  “Ani, I do like you,” Himchan stated.  “I just didn’t know it then, which is why the kiss confused me.  Or maybe it’s because of the kiss that I like you now.”  Himchan shook his head furiously.  He brought his hands up to pull at his hair.  “Ugh!  This is so confusing!  I don’t know how it happened or when it happened.  It just happened, okay?  I like you.”
 
“Hyung~” Zelo sung, pulling Himchan’s hands away from his hair, “I was surprised when you said that you liked me, and I admit I was disappointed when you said that you kissed me.”
 
“Oh,” Himchan mumbled, looking down.  His eyes started getting watery and he felt his chest constricting.  “Mianhe, Junhong.”
 
“Ani,” Zelo responded, shaking his head.  He lifted Himchan’s head up, getting the older to look at him.  Zelo smiled brightly at Himchan.  “I was disappointed because I couldn’t remember the kiss because I was asleep.  I wish that I was awake when it happened.”
 
Himchan just stared at Zelo wide-eyed, not believing what he was hearing.
 
“I guess at some point I started to really care for you more than as a friend too,” Zelo said, smiling.  “At first I really was worried about you hurting your leg, but at some point I did realize that you were fine to walk around, but… I guess I just wanted you to rely on me.  I wanted you to need me.”
 
Himchan smiled and pulled Zelo into a hug.  “I do need you.”
 
“Himchannie-hyung, saranghae,” Zelo said, snuggling closer to Himchan.
 
“Pabo,” Himchan said as tears fell from his eyes.  He was silently crying because he was so scared that Zelo would end up hating him, but instead the maknae felt the same way.  Himchan was so relieved.  “I’m the hyung, I’m supposed to say it first.”  Zelo just held Himchan tighter, making the older sigh in content.  “Saranghaeyo, Junhong.”
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~BangUp~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Yongguk quickly figured out that Jongup had locked himself in the bathroom.  Yongguk tried to get the younger out, but Jongup wouldn’t even respond to anything the leader said.  Yongguk sighed and was ready to give up.  He knew that Jongup would come out when the younger was ready.
 
Yongguk was about to walk way, but decided to try one last time.  “Jongup,” Yongguk called out, knocking on the door for what seemed like the hundredth time.  “Look Daehyun and Youngjae are just idiots.  Don’t worry about…”
 
The bathroom door finally opened and a hand shot out, grabbing Yongguk’s arm and pulling the leader into the bathroom.
 
Jongup closed the door again once Yongguk was inside and began fidgeting.  “I don’t know how to say this,” Jongup mumbled.
 
Yongguk smiled softly at the dancer and said, “Just say it.  No matter what, I’m here for you, remember?”
 
Jongup nodded before turning his back to Yongguk.  “I have feelings too.  I’ve had them for a while.”
 
Yongguk nodded, wanting to know if Jongup was talking about him, but not wanting to just come out and ask.  “How long is a while?”
 
“Over a year,” Jongup replied.
 
Yongguk waited for Jongup to say more, but the younger just stood there.  He sighed and finally asked, “Jongup, who are you talking about?”
 
Jongup chuckled and turned around to face Yongguk.  He was surprised to see Jongup smiling so much, cheeks tinted pink. The smile looked forced though for some reason.
 
“Ever since he was kind enough to sleep next to me when I was having a hard time adjusting to sleeping in a new place, even though I was younger than him and he seemed really independent.”
 
Yongguk smiled knowingly.
 
“I’ve loved you since before we even debuted,” Jongup admitted, looking down, “but…”
 
That but made Yongguk stop breathing.  His heart was pounding loudly as he waited for Jongup to finish what he was saying, but it was like everything was going slow motion, and the words came out painfully slow.
 
“…but I’ve worked hard on getting over you,” Jongup confessed.  “I never thought that you could feel the same way about me, so I tried to keep me from feeling heartbroken by already getting over you.”
 
Yongguk just stood there, frozen, not knowing what to say.
 
“I did everything I could think of,” Jongup confessed.  “I ignored you. I got angry with you for no reason.  I tried to hate you… to get over you, but everything I did… failed.”  Jongup sighed and looked at Yongguk seriously.
 
Even though Jongup’s facial expression was that of resolved seriousness, Yongguk could look in the dancer’s eyes and see all of the sadness and distraught.
 
“I still have feelings for you no matter how much I tried to bury them,” Jongup said, “but I don’t want you to just say that you like me because Daehyun-hyung and Youngjae-hyung think that we should all confess to each other.  That wouldn’t be real.”
 
Yongguk opened his mouth to respond, but Jongup continued.
 
“I don’t want you to tell me that you don’t feel the same way either,” Jongup said as a tear slid down his face.  “All this time I’ve been trying not get a broken heart, so please… please, hyung, don’t break it now.”
 
“Jonguppie…” Yongguk mumbled, looking at the younger sympathetically.
 
“Just don’t say anything.  Araso, hyung?” Jongup asked, wiping at his eyes and putting a fake smile back on his face.  “Just forget that I said anything,” he said before rushing out of the bathroom.
 
“Uppie,” Yongguk mumbled, watching the retreating form of the dancer while trying to think of how to properly handle the situation.  He did have feelings for Jongup, and not because Daehyun and Youngjae brought it up.  He just had to make the younger understand that.
 
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A/N:  Sorry about the wait.  I got caught up in the Thanksgiving holiday.
 
So I'm thinking that the next chapter will be the last.  At least, it was supposed to be the last, but I'm not sure if it will need to be two more chapters or if just the one will be enough.  Either way, just prepare for the next chapter to be the last.
 
Let me know what you think.  Thanks :)