1

Not allowed to leave

It has been quite a long time since you’ve been in this district of Seoul. It wasn’t the best place for a girl like you, fragile looking with a beautiful face and kinda short, but it was the best way home at the moment. The main road was closed again because some of those so called “freedom-fighters” had threatened with another bomb assassination today and the government didn’t dare to risk anything. “Why do they have to do this today?”, you asked yourself. You had been downtown because you needed to buy some special ingredients for your mother’s birthday cake. There was no chance to get those things in your district. The shopping had been smooth. No controls, no explosions. But now that you’re heading home they had to write a thread on the wall of the biggest mall. Immediately, the whole city was shut down and the police was everywhere. But it was urgent that you were home in time, so you ditched the control points and entered this poor, dark and dangerous area, hoping to be faster.

Walking through the dark alleys you realized that someone followed you. His pace resembled yours, maybe he was a little faster. His breathing was unsteady. You walked faster, trying to get rid of him. “Wait little miss!”, he called out, “Wait for me. I know a nice warm place!” You began to run away, changing the alleys like crazy. After a while you realized although he wasn’t following you anymore you were lost instead. You haven’t seen this alley before, nor those kind of doors. It was a black metal with a small doorknob on the left side. But the most important thing: This door was way too expensive to fit in an environment like this. A little window with fine grid was in the upper part. You slowly took a step backwards. Whoever was able to effort a door like that couldn’t be a very good company for a lonely girl…

When you were about to turn around, you felt a strange presence in your back. “Good evening princess!”, a voice greeted you from behind. In that moment, the door opened. A boy stepped out. He looked like he was your age, maybe a little older. His hair was blond, nearly white. He shot you look, than he glanced at the boy behind you. “Hyung, hasn’t Suho-hyung told you that you should stop bringing girls home?”, he sounded bored. “I hadn’t brought her here!”, the person behind you sounded slightly offended. “She’s standing right in front of me”, the boy scoffed. “I hadn’t brought her here, she was there before I came. She just stood there and I was about to ask her what she’s doing, but you came”, the one behind you said. He sounded a little childish. “Yeah, whatever”, the one in front of you turned around and entered the house again.

“Let’s follow him princess!”, the one behind your back cheered. “B-but I d-don’t want t-to…”, you stuttered. The person behind you laid an arm around your neck, slightly squeezing it. “Have you said something, princess?”, he whispered. You shook your head no, a bit afraid of him. He stepped beside you, his arm still laying around your neck. “That’s good”, he smiled. His smile was some kind cute and very wide, but no eye-smile. His hair was short and dark and he incredibly tall. He used his arm around your neck to push you forward to the door and inside. There was no light. The door closed behind you. You felt like the darkness tried to suffocate you. Suddenly a flashlight appeared and enlightened the floor in front of you. The boy pushed you forward again. You followed the long straight hallway for a time that felt like hours. When you were about to accept that this was a no ending way a wall appeared. Your guide kicked a circle on the wallpaper. The wall crunched but slid aside. A bright light blinded you.

“CHANYEOL!”, a voice boomed, “haven’t we told you to stop bringing girls here?! This is not some kind of hotel!” The angry boy was definitely shorter than your kidnapper. He had reddish hair and unusual big eyes. And he fumed in anger. You took a step back. “Now you scared her Kyungsoo”, Chanyeol, well, he pouted. Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes on you. Seeing your afraid expression, his glance softened. “I’m sorry for this situation. He knows that he’s not allowed to bring girls here but does it anyways. We will ask Suho-hyung how to handle this situation when he’s back. Please sit down”, he waved you to him. The arm around your neck loosened and left you. Carefully you stepped to the sofa next to Kyungsoo and sat down.  He gave you a small smile before turning back to Chanyeol. “Leave this room immediately. Don’t dare to touch her while I’m gone. Search for Baekhyun and tell him he should keep an eye on her, then try to phone Suho!”, Kyungsoo confidently commended the taller boy who turned around and left.

“Are you hungry?”, he asked you but you just looked at with round eyes. “You see, it’s a bit complicated at the moment. We have a lot to do and no time for games but Chanyeol always brings girls with him and they’re interrupting our work. I’m not sure what we’re going to do with you but you have to wait till Suho is back.”, he tried to explain. Meanwhile another door of the room opened and another boy with blond hair entered together with the white haired boy from earlier. “I told him he shouldn’t do this”, the white haired shrugged. The blonde one remained silent but sat down on the other side of the sofa. He opened the book in his hand and began to read. Kyungsoo walked out of the room, leaving you alone with the two unknown boys. The blond one ignored you, totally into reading his book while the white haired one shot you a lot of cold glances. When you shivered and began to uncomfortably slide around he smirked. “Are you scared?”, he asked. The blonde one looked up from his book. “Sehun, no games.” Sehun’s smirk faided. He gave you an arrogant glance and left the room, obviously offended. The blonde one put his nose back into his book and continued to ignore you.

After a long time Kyungsoo came back with a bowl in his hands, followed by another male with black hair. “She’s cute”, the black haired stated. The blond one shot him a look. “I’m just saying…”, he said waving his hands up and down. Kyungsoo smiled at you. “I just had some soup, please eat it”, he said. “I’m, I’m not hungry”, you managed to press out. The smile faded. “You really should eat something”, Kyungsoo said and hold the bowl in front of you. “If she doesn’t want to, I’m pleased to take the food!”, the black haired said and snatched the bowl out of Kyungsoo’s hands. “Kai, give that back”, a calm voice from the door where you had entered this room commanded. The black haired put the bowl on your lap. “Sorry beautiful”, he smirked but hurriedly stepped back when the next black haired male entered the room completely. He stepped in front of you. Chanyeol came through another door, together with Sehun.

“My name is Suho”, the male said and bowed. You stood up and bowed as well but remained silent. Suho gave you a calm but short smile. “Chanyeol told me he didn’t brought you here, you just stand in front of our door”, he began. “I was lost”, you told him. He shook his head. “How you found us is not the problem. It’s just that you shouldn’t be here. At this place. When our friends are back, you would probably know why, but we couldn’t let you go anymore. You heard about this serial girl murderer in the eastern district?”, Suho was completely serious in contrast to Kai who showed you a wide cocky smirk. “I’ve h-heard of it”, you whispered. The truth was you lived in the eastern district and one of those dead girls had been living in your building. The old ahjumma in the apartment next to yours said that the killer just picked really beautiful girls but it looked like he just changed to ordinary ones. The blonde one has closed his book. “It was us. We killed them, because they were here. We slept with them, we played around with them, had fun and then got rid of them”, he continued. You sat down again. Your knees wobbled and your hands trembled. The bowl nearly fall but Kyungsoo snatched it away from you causing you to wince. Suho increased the gap between him and you. “I told you we couldn’t let you go anymore. It doesn’t mean we need to kill you. You didn’t follow one of us because you wanted to sleep with him. It’s just a coincidence and Chanyeol’s fault that you’re here. But you’re here anyways so you’re able to tell someone where we’re hiding even without meaning it. It’s not safe for us to let you go. I don’t want to kill you but we need to keep you”, he sounded sad. “What Suho’s trying to say is you look like his sister so he’s not able to let Kai get rid of you”, Sehun said. Suho shot him an angry look. “We all know he’s right hyung”, Kai grinned.

After that incident Suho simply told the blonde one, Baekhyun, to lock you into a room and keep the key. He did like he was told, dragging you through the empty always of the building down into the basement. Without a word he pushed you into a room and closed the door. You heard the key in the lock. The room contained just a bed. You layed down on it and began to cry.

“Are you sleeping?”, a voice whispered next to your ear. You winced and and whirled around. On the matress sat a calm smiling male with light reddish hair. “My name is Lay. Suho told me to ask you if you’re injured or hurt”, he told you. You felt a slight trust into him. He just seemed to nice for being a murderer. “I’m fine”, you whispered. Lay nodded. “Kyungsoo told me you haven’t ate yet. I brought you the soup from before, but it’s cold now. I could heat it up again if you want to”, he gave you the bowl. You shook your head. “It’s okay”, you said and took a spoon. It tasted better than you expected. While you ate Lay stood up and walked to the door. “I’m back in a few minutes”, he told you and left the room. The door got locked again.

You ate the soup quietly since you were alone. There were just a few spoons left when Lay came back. “We’re going upstairs when you’re finished. Suho wants to discuss with the whole group and you need to get to know the boys”, again he had this genuine dimply smile in his face. You nodded and ate the remainings. “You don’t need to be scared”, he told you during you two walked upstairs and into another room than the one where you had met Suho, Kai, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun.

In that room where a lot of people. Six you knew and five unknown faces. A very young looking boy with slightly pink or orange hair, one with dark hair and three more or less blonde males. Most boys gave you smile and Suho stood up when you entered the room. One of the blond ones you didn’t know cocked an eye brow. “She really looks like your sister hyung”, he said. The others nodded. Suho sighed. “Please tell us your name”, he asked you. You faltered. “She forgot her name”, Kai snickered. Kyungsoo hit him on his head. “Hyung!”, the dark haired one whined. “My name is Eunmi”, you whispered slowly. Suho nodded and pointed to the unknown males. “That is the other part of our group. Please introduce yourself, guys.” The blonde males stood up and the tallest one began to speak. It seemed like he was even taller than Chanyeol. “My name is Kris”, his voice was deep and calm. He bowed and sat down again. The other tall blonde took the chance. “My name’s Tao”, he smiled but his eyes remained cold. They were very dark and intimidating. The smallest blonde boy gave you a trustworthy looking glance. “I’m Xiumin. I’m the oldest here and I sometimes help Kyungsoo in the kitchen. It’s nice to meet you Eunmi”, his smile was as friendly as Lay’s. The dark haired one eyed you up and down for a while. “Chen”, he simply said. The remaining boy with the unidentifiable haircolour gave you a cold look. “My name is Luhan”, he murmured after Kris gave him a warning gaze.

Suho took the main speaker role back. “You know you couldn’t leave us anymore. But if we keep you here you need to know certain things about us. We aren’t just that serial girl killer in the eastern district; we’re the cause for today’s panic as well.” You gave him a shocked look. Chen snickered. “You see why we couldn’t allow you to leave us?”, he asked gently. You just stared wide eyed into the air. Your thoughts ran around like crazy. These boys should have been those terrorists? Just twelve persons? The police spoke about a few hundred fellows! Lay seemed to catch your thoughts. “There are more people, just in other groups”, he explained. You looked at him and then down to the floor. Suho nodded. “Before Lay brought you here, we talked about what we should do with you, what you could do while you’re here. Considered that you’re a girl we thought that you might like to help in the kitchen or something, but we like to hear your thoughts”, his gentle smile was back. You felt the tears streaming down your cheeks. “Stop that!”, Luhan harshly bellowed and you winched. Standing stiff like a statue, with clenched fists and trying to stop your tears you wondered what mother was about to do since you’re not coming. Suho sighed again. “We prepared a room for you. We’re going to lock you in during the first time for your own security so please bear with it. Lay, we need to talk. Tao, please bring Eunmi to her room”, he turned around and left the room followed by Lay. The second tall blonde stood up again and approached you. He grabbed your right wrist and pulled you out of the room as well. You stumbled as you began to climb the stairs upwards. Tao let go of your arm and turned around. You watched him anxiously kneeling down on your step. “We could do this the easy way or the hard way”, he began speaking. “You could choose if you follow me or if I need to drag you to your room. I have no problems with hurting you but I would prefer a no-teary style”, his voice softened at the end. He stood up again and offered you a hand. “Come on. Let’s go!”