The Afterparty

Babysitting

      Though her head had missed hitting the wall when she threw it back laughing, he rushed over, running his hands over the back of her head making sure that she wasn't hurt. Still giggling, she smiled widely, “Hi, Yoochun.”

     “Hi, Beautiful.”

      “You look funny like this.”

      “Like what?”

      “You're so worried about me. It's cute.”

       The man next to her laughed at her confession and took another gulp of his drink. Yoochun turned sharply to glare at his friend, “It's your fault she's like this.”

      “Me? What did I do? She should have known better than to challenge Kim Jaejoong when it comes to drinking!”

      “And you should have known better than to let her!”

      “HEY! I can still beat you, Jaejoong!” she challenged, lifting her head up to face him. The alcohol had made her more cocky than anything; there was no way that she would defeat Jaejoong at this point: she could barely control her actions while he was hardly affected.

      As she reached for her drink again, Yoochun placed a hand on her forearm, “No, no, that's enough for tonight. Let's go home”

      She looked up at his standing figure and pouted, “Please just let me finish this drink. I swear that I will go home after that.” He looked at her carefully before nodding his head and letting her pick up the half-empty glass.

      What he didn't expect was that she would throw back the whole drink in one long gulp, but she did. Jaejoong watched wide-eyed before looking back at Yoochun, “I didn't make her do that.”

      Yoochun threw another glare at Jaejoong before taking his girlfriend's hands and pulling her up. “Can you stand? Walk?”

      “Of course I can!” she boasted, but started wobbling on her heels immediately after losing the support of her boyfriend. Luckily, Yoochun had seen this coming and got his arms around her waist before she fell down. He carefully lowered her down back into her seat, utilizing Jaejoong's strength to make sure that she didn't hurt herself. He looked around quickly before crouching down in front of the drunk girl in front of him and looking into her eyes. He sighed audibly, grabbed her arms and turned around. Folding her arms over each other around his neck he commanded her to hold on. When he saw her hands tighten their grip, he carefully pulled her knees over his hips and stood up. “Chunnie!” she squeaked when he stood up holding her tightly on his back. Jaejoong laughed again upon hearing the girl's voice, but she completely ignored it and smiled at him, “Bye, JaeJae. I'm going to beat you next time!”

      “Dream on, girl. Have a good night with 'Chunnie'. Let him come to practice in one piece!” he laughed as she pouted knowing that it wouldn't work on him, but that Yoochun would melt anytime she made that face at him.

     As they made it out into the chilly night air, Yoochun felt his girlfriend's arms and legs tighten around him, trying to escape the cold. He stopped to shift her on his back when he heard her whimper, “it hurts, Chunnie. It hurts!”

     “What hurts?” he asked, continuing to shift her on his back assuming that her positioning must be what was making her hurt.

      She snuggled closer into his neck and whispered, “it hurts how much I love you.”

      He laughed at the cheesiness of her statement, but blamed it on the alcohol, “I love you too, Beautiful.” She smiled and continued nuzzling into his neck before placing hot, wet, open-mouthed kisses down the same expanse of skin. He shook her slightly on his back, but when it didn't deter her, he placed one quick kiss on her forearm before turning his head toward her face, “What are you doing?”

      “I just want to love you, Chunnie.”

      “Not here. Love me when we get home.” She frowned and released her hands gripping her elbows, allowing herself to fall back a little bit before clasping her hands together around his neck. Yoochun panicked a little bit, feeling her fall back and terrified that she would fall off of him and onto the cement below. “What are you doing!” he shrieked, but she only replied in giggles, “Don't let go again. I don't want you to get hurt.”

      “Okay.” she mumbled and tightened the grip her hands had on each other. Yoochun immediately felt guilty for yelling at her, but he really was just concerned for her safety. He loved her dearly and would never forgive himself if she got hurt when he was capable of preventing it; even if it meant carrying her several blocks on his back in the cold. This was all Jaejoong's fault. He knew that he could easily out drink the girl, why would he allow the challenge? Was Jaejoong purposely making his life harder? He might, but Yoochun also remembered Jaejoong telling him that he liked this girl and hoped that she lasted. One thing was for certain, Yoochun was missing the closeness of her body and wished that he didn't have to worry about paparazzi catching her kissing him. Having her risk her own safety to lean away from him didn't feel good and he longed to pull her close to him again and to feel her warm body against his.

      A bright smile appeared on his face when they got close to his apartment and he could see his more realistic wishes coming true. It would be a struggle to open the gate and the front door, but, for her, it was worth it. He managed to get through both without shifting her around too much or letting go for too long, but once they made it through the door he was excited to see her face again. He crouched down a little bit and let go of her legs, waiting for them to hit the ground. However, they did, but her hands didn't. Yoochun frowned and took hold of her hands, “Let go, babe.”

       “You told me not to let go again” she said simply.

      “We're home now.”
       “You said not to let go” she repeated.

       “You can now.” he said with a hint of desperation in his voice; he wanted so badly to see her face, but now she was just being stubborn. When she still didn't let go, he turned to face her, even if the space was a little tight.

      He turned to see her face smiling back at him, “I don't want to let go, Chunnie. I want to hold on forever.” she said softly before pushing her lips against his. He eagerly responded to the kiss and wrapped his own arms around her waist, holding her tightly enough that there was no way she would fall. This was the closeness he was missing; the closeness he would have loved to have anywhere they were together, but it was enough to have it in just one place.

     He leaned back and examined her face, seeing most of the drunken haze had washed away. This was utterly sincere. He smiled back, “What was that for?”

     “Chunnie, you said that I could love you when we got home. You said that we're home.” she smiled sadly at the end realizing the implications of what was said, they didn't share a home. They were at Yoochun's home and she was a mere guest, albeit a pretty frequent one.

      He saw the sadness wash over her and tilted her head up to look into her eyes, “You are home, Beautiful, and you can love me here whenever you want. You're certainly not going anywhere tonight, but I think that we should think about moving in together. I think I'd like to keep you around”

      “Really?” she squealed; forgetting any previous thoughts she had about coming off cool when they would finally have this conversation.

      “Yeah,” he smiled, “someone has to take care of you.”

       “And you won't change your mind in the morning?”

       “No, I love you and I want you around me all the time.”

       “I accept, Park Yoochun.” she said, snuggling into him again until she felt his arm swoop down and pick her up bridal style, “Where are we going?”

       “It's late and it's time to go to bed. Maybe I also wanted to get home so I could love you.”

       “I love you, Chunnie.”

       “One more thing,” he asked, leaning down to kiss her cheek, “let's not call me Chunnie in public.”

        “Deal.” she agreed, resuming the kisses she had started along his neck.