002

Wonderwall

Day by day passed, Hakyeon and Eunyoung have been meeting unknowingly pretty often, and most of them were actually by an accident, well, almost all of them are accident meetings.

Knowing that Eunyoung seems to be a bright and smart student, whilst Hakyeon wasn’t really that bright—he got his eyes in soccer and a bit of music remember—Hakyeon knows that Eunyoung visits the library regularly—every Wednesday, after school. He (suddenly) had interest in going to library and actually he’d always pick some sports or music-related books. Sometimes he’d ask Eunyoung to join her and of course Eunyoung’d agree.

And Hakyeon also knows that on Thursdays and Fridays, Eunyoung goes to the music room on the 3rd floor—just the same as his practice time (he changed it actually).

Eunyoung comes by the music room sometimes with her so called oppa but luckily, not this day. After assuring himself that he didn’t hear any man’s voice inside the room, he shamelessly barged in.

“Oh, it’s you again,” Hakyeon pretended to be surprised just after he knead the door knob and saw the girl he’s been starting to have feelings for.

“H-Hakyeon sunbae!” Eunyoung stopped playing and quickly stand up. “P-please have your time, I’m just done practicing.” Clumsily packing her music sheets, Eunyoung dropped some pieces of it.

Huffed some air, Eunyoung bent down and took them, with Hakyeon copying—not literally—her gestures. He then chuckled, “So clumsy.”

Eunyoung fixed her hair and tried to hide her face. “I’m sorry, please don’t bother.” Hakyeon ignored the girl and read the song title instead. “Ode to Joy? You like this song?” Eunyoung was startled, “Oh? Y-yes, I heard it from a music box and I kinda like it since then.” Hakyeon smiled, “I wanna hear you play.”

Eunyoung immediately denied, “No! N-no I mean, I at this badly. I-I can’t, I’m just gonna make your ears bleed.” Hakyeon ended up cracking, “Ya, you’re too much, Eunyoung-ie.” He then stood up, “Come on, have confidence a bit. Play it for me.”

The girl blinked before finally stood up and took the remaining pieces from Hakyeon’s hands. “B-but…”

“No more buts.”

“Don’t you remember that I’m still learning?”

“I don’t care, play it for me.” There he goes, sulking Hakyeon.

Eunyoung rolled her eyes and cupped her own cheeks, tried to prevent the heat that started to radiate.

Her fingers trembled—bad, she slowly played the piece.

The slow melody made Hakyeon got carried away. To be honest, Hakyeon knew that the song was pretty hard for a said beginner like Eunyoung, her sister once tried to play the piece but ended up failing and moved on to another piece.

Hakyeon got his eyes fixed on Eunyoung’s form. She gracefully played the song, which in Hakyeon’s ears had no flaw at all. She even did some improvisations to the piece. She’s not even a beginner.

The song ended, with Eunyoung exhaled her breath. Hakyeon was still there unmoved, still awed by the girl’s performance. He hadn’t heard a person playing the song beautifully just like the girl in front of him had. Hakyeon got off from the piano (yes he was sitting on the piano) and clapped his hands thrice.

“And you said you’re a beginner.”

Eunyoung blushed, “I-I’m still learning, it’s still bad.” Hakyeon hastily shook his head, “Not at all, Eunyoung. It’s really beautiful.” Eunyoung felt her heart raced but managed to bow in appreciation, “Thank you very much, sunbae. You’re the first one to say that.”

Hakyeon walked closer and patted the girl’s head, “It’s because I’m the first one to hear that.”

Eunyoung could only smile. Because for God’s sake, what else could she do?

 

 

They got along a lot more better that day, they exchanged phone numbers (of course Hakyeon asked for it first), asked for each other’s favorite foods, interests, hobbies, movies, books, and some other things. Eunyoung was actually a pretty talkative type of girl Hakyeon said. And one more thing that Hakyeon knew from that day,

Eunyoung’s smile was so beautiful, and he’s becoming addicted to it.

 

 

“Shoot, I should’ve listened to mom this morning,” Hakyeon put his hands on his hips, mentally regretting that he didn’t bring his umbrella which his mom had asked him to bring. Heaving a sigh, he looked up to the clouds and wished the heavens not to pour the rains to the earth that noon.

A (in Hakyeon’s opinion) tall girl stood right beside him. Hakyeon turned his head and found the girl whose smile he’s been addicted to was busy with her phone. Smiling, Hakyeon patted the girl’s shoulder lightly. “Hey.”

Flipping her hair, Eunyoung caught the sight of Hakyeon smiling childishly beside her. “Hakyeon sunbae!” Without forgetting her manner, she bowed shortly and greeted, “Good afternoon.”

Hakyeon’s smile grew wider, “Going home?”

The strawberry-haired nodded, “M-hm. But I’m still not sure because it’s so cloudy.” “Wanna go home together?” Hakyeon asked boldly.

“I’m sorry, but I’m kinda waiting for someone.”

Someone.

Raising his eyebrows, Hakyeon shamelessly asked, “And who’s this someone?”

“Se—”

“Eunyoung-ah!”

Both Hakyeon and Eunyoung turned around. Eunyoung smiled upon seeing the person she’s been waiting for, “Oh, Seyong oppa.” Hakyeon didn’t even have the effort to either smile or frown, he just put his poker-face.

Oh, that guy.

“Let’s go to your house,” this so-called Seyong said with a smile. Tsch, what a pedo smile. Eunyoung nodded inwards.

The rain started to pour. Good. Angels in heaven, you guys really heard my prayers, thought Hakyeon sarcastically.

“Oh, it started to rain, did you bring any umbrella?” asked Eunyoung. Seyong nodded, “Of course. Here take it.” Eunyoung took the umbrella from Seyong’s hand. “I don’t want you to get sick, so use it for you, I’ll use my jacket.”

Oh, cheesy bastard. Hakyeon raised an eyebrow and slowly stepped backwards.

Eunyound whined, “Don’t be silly! Come on, I think we’ll fit together under the umbrella. I also don’t want you to get sick.” Giggling, Seyong ran into the pouring rain by himself with his jacket above his head.

Ragingly, Eunyoung stomped on the floor and shouted, “Oppa!” She then took a step forward before finally noticing the guy she was talking to.”Oh, Hakyeon sunbae! I-I gotta go now! Take care!”

Hakyeon waved—effortlessly—and nodded, “You too take care.”

 

 

Eunyoung didn’t see her favorite sunbae at the library that day. She then soon found herself pouting in disappointment. She took a chair on the corner and plugged her earphones in.

4 more chapters then I’m outta here.

It’s not that the song bugged her, she decided to pull out her earphones and focus on her readings, after trying to read the first paragraph but failing when suddenly she understood nothing on the second paragraph.

The Beethoven setting was adopted as the Anthem of Europe by the Council of Europe in 1972 and the then European Community—since 1993 the European Union—in 1985; the tune was used for the national anthem of Rhodesia. It has been used in a number of other contexts: notably in The Beatles second film, HELP!, Stanley Kubrick's 1971 film A Clockwork Orange and in the Die Hard film franchise, In 1996, It became—

Wh-what, what, what?

The Beethoven setting was adopted as the Anthem of Europe by the Council of Europe in 1972 and the then European Community—since 1993 the European Union—in 1985; the tune was—

Seriously, Joo Eunyoung, what now? You have some kind of dyslexia? Right.

The Beethoven setting was adopted as the Anthem of Europe by the Council of Europe in 1972 and the then European Community—since 1993 the European Union—in 1985; the tune was used for the national anthem of Rhodesia. It has been used in—

Darn it!

Eunyoung heaved an audible sigh. Was it because of her not seeing Hakyeon? Whatever, thing is, she couldn’t concentrate even a tiny pinch in reading the book.

She closed the book and put it away on the shelf.

Yes, that shelf when she was having a difficulty in reaching the book and Hakyeon had helped her.

 

 

“Nice work guys! Ya, Minhyuk-ie, good work pal. See you next week!” Hakyeon said as he gave his said friend a loud high-five. Taking the towel from his bag, he then wiped off the dripping sweat on his sides and gulped a good amount of cold water from his bottle. Hands on his hips, he looked around and fanned himself with his hand. He checked on his phone and found out that it was still too early for him to go home, so he decided to practice more, a match will soon be held—in 3,5 months to be exact, that’s what Hakyeon thinks as soon—so he got to practice a lot.

He was practicing alone, yup, literally alone because it was already 5:45 P.M., and that’s what Hakyeon thinks as too early.

After successfully making a goal—of course, no one was watching the goalpost—Hakyeon joyously hissed and punched the air.

“That was cool,” suddenly a girl’s voice startled the male, making him to turn around. Widening his eyes, he said in disbelief, “Eunyoung.”

Eunyoung smiled, “Why aren’t you home yet, sunbae? The others have gone home already.” Hakyeon chuckled, “Why aren’t you home?” The girl giggled, “I’m sorry, I’m actually waiting for you. We didn’t make it last time, but how about going home together?”

Hakyeon laughed lightly, “Together? Wonder what will your oppa say towards me,” he said and played with the ball—coolly.

Eunyoung’s eyes widened, “Oppa? What do you—” “Look, it’s not that I’m cutting you off, but I don’t really like the idea of you being kind towards me when in fact you already have your oppa.”

“W-wait, what are—”

“Cut the act, Eunyoung. I’m sorry but I don’t want to ruin your relationship with you oppa, I just don’t want to get myself and you into trouble.”

Coldly taking his belongings, he then stormed outside—wait, he’s already outside—the soccer field.

Eunyoung stoned, she was shocked by Hakyeon’s harsh words. Not moving an inch, a crystal clear liquid fell from her beautiful eyes. The lips that had been always forming a smile were now pursed. Her breath hitched, and her head was hung low.

What did I do wrong?

 

To be Continued.

 

 

***sorry for not updating. hope you guys are still looking forward for the story hehe. it finally reaches the complication, yeay! whatever. love ya.