Maybe.

Tell Me, What Are We?

Park Chael’s POV

After that sudden appointment, we shared our phone numbers and sometimes text each other on Kakao Talk out of boredom. Jongin was nice, as those people said. He never ended the chat on me, even if it’s only a short “good night” or “bye”, he will text me back and let the one who finished the chat. It’s kind of sweet, at least for me.

 

Jongin   : Can’t wait until Saturday J

Chael     : What date is it..?

Jongin   : October 12th.

 

Oh my god.

That was when it struck  me. I can’t go with him this weekend! Hesitantly, I wrote something back to him.

 

Chael     : Hey, actually… Can we postpone our…date?

Jongin   : Why? Do you have another appointment?

Chael     : Actually…yes. I agreed on your invitation out of the blue. I actually need to go outside of the country because of something :( I’m sorry..

Jongin   : I understand. Let’s make it up later okay.

Chael     : Yes, thank you.

Jongin   : Take care.

 

I sighed, knowing that he actually a bit upset but I can’t lie that I really can’t go this weekend. I hope something good happen and he could cheer up a bit.

--

Feeling a little be bad, after I landed safely again in South Korea, I texted him again after some days for not texting. Well, I just want to let him know that I’m safe and sound here in the same ground as he is.

 

Chael     : Just arrived in Korea Internatioal Airport. Let’s make up our date this weekend, shall we?

 

--

 

Kim Jongin’s POV

After my awestruck moment, I actually kind of a hippy myself. I can’t help but feel my smile gets wider every minutes since then. Especially now I could have her number. Is it what they feel when they fall in love? I mean, not in term of that love, but in a way of you kind of attracted to your different gender more than you’ve predicted.

“You look like a dork,” said B.I, a dongsaeng of mine.

“Shut up. I am not,” I shrugged him off and go back to my texting with Chael.

 

Jongin   : Can’t wait until Saturday :)

 

I literally really can’t wait. What am I suppose to wear? Where should we go? Does she like indoor or outdoor dates? I’m going crazy just thinking of the possibilities we could have make before I got her text.

 

Chael     : Hey, actually… Can we postpone our…date?

 

Postpone?

 

Jongin   : Why? Do you have another appointment?

Chael     : Actually…yes. I agreed on your invitation out of the blue. I actually need to go outside of the country   because of something :( I’m sorry...

Jongin   : I understand. Let’s make it up later okay.

Chael     : Yes, thank you.

 

That’s it.

I feel like my hope shrink in a speed of light. How couldn’t I? I’d been expecting this Saturday since, forever. Well, that was a bit exaggerated, but it’s been quite long, isn’t it?

 

Jongin   : Take care.

 

I replied her and thought of myself. We aren’t an item. I shouldn’t be acting this way. She can’t ruin my personality easily like this. I started this because it’s the only way for us to get the chemistry right for the drama and that way, I spent the rest of the days in the week not contacting her nor she contacted me back.

 

Jongin. You need to get yourself back in track

--

Sunday has always been the day when I have my basketball practice with the guys; B.I, Choi Minho hyung, and Lee Hoya. Only Hoya and me who are in the same age, we both majoring in Management too. B.I is a year younger than me and majoring in Economics while Minho hyung who is majoring in Accounting, is a year older than me.

We always play from noon until dawn. Drenched in sweats, we boys won’t mind. We could take a bath after playing anyway. But at time like this, has always been the time when we could release our stress and burden out. If some people ways of letting the stress out from writing a story, listening to the music, dancing, or probably reading, this is our way. We could play for rounds, enjoying every tiny bits of the shoots that we make until we feel like we couldn’t jump anymore.

B.I, being the youngest, has the most stamina among us, the ‘elders’. He usually beats us at the end of the games because we were out of breath. On the other hand, Minho hyung, not only a smarty pants in his academic score, he’s a superhuman in 3 points shooter. As if his talent was a destiny, he never missed the shoot except when he broke up with his ex-girlfriend a year ago, his shooting aim was off that time. Me and Hoya, on the other hand, is a perfect golden pair. B.I and Minho hyung always have trouble in breaking our teamwork, even the others basketball members too.

In the middle of the fun, I have an urge to check my phone out. If the phone could talk, it feels like its calling for me to get near it. Even after I hold it, there wasn’t anything to see too. But as if the phone read my mind, a Kakao Talk message came up.

 

Chael     : Just arrived in Korea Internatioal Airport. Let’s make up our date this weekend, shall we?

 

I accidently dropped my phone and hastily pick it up again.

“What were you doing hyung? Were you transforming into a dork again?” B.I asked as he was reading the chat I just received, “Ooh~ Someone is in love~”

 

That’s it.

He’s going to die tonight.

 

 

Weekend, the Date.

Park Chael’s POV

I told you we were just a disaster.

The D-Day, I was only wearing a casual clothes, t-shirt and jeans. Just wearing comfortable clothes since I thought we aren’t an item anyway. Don’t sweat it.

But, what he wore was absolutely 180 degree different than mine.

“What the…” I uttered in surprised when Jongin’s big motorcycle came near me. It was just so big and cool and swaggie and not forget to mention the engine too, roaring loudly, echoing the lobby of our faculty.

He also was wearing what those bikers wear around when they’re riding their baby.

Leather jacket?

Checked.

Silky and neat hair?

Double checked.

Boots?

Of course, checked.

Cooly, he then got off from his motorcycle after removing his helmet, unnoticing my absolute drool. Oh my, I was so sure that he was absolutely looked so gorgeous there even when he was styling in a bad boy image.

“Waiting for long?” he asked while still putting up that lovely smile I adore.

“Nah, it wasn’t that long,” I replied with a bit lie because well, I actually hate to wait and my 10 minutes waiting for him to come had been too long for me.

Then there was quite a short silence and we were just checking ourselves out until I saw that the sky started to get darker.

“Jongin oppa,” I called him hesitantly and I swore he was just as startled as I was because it was the very first time I called him oppa. Stupid tongue.

“Y-yeah?”

“The sky… It’s getting darker. Are you sure we are going to go with your motorcycle? Let’s just take the train from our campus,” I suggested with a hope that he will agree.

He then realized that the sky was indeed getting darker and I know that he was also sure that it’s kind of risky if we still want to go with his motorcycle.

“No, it’s okay. It wasn’t that far anyway and I had brought my bike so let’s go,” he finally answered with a doubtful smile.

--

We then drove by the city and just our luck, it suddenly started to rain. So bad. We were drenched in the rain and our clothes were all wet. He then got us sheltered in the bus station along with the others unlucky bikers.

“I’m sorry…” he uttered an apologize after finally got me a seat and he was standing in front of me while couching down his head. I was looking up at him as he was hiding the embarrassment for couldn’t start the date nicely.

“It’s not your fault.”

Ah. Shiver.

He could feel the coldness of my tone when I actually didn’t mean to sound like that. It’s just because I feel a little annoyed with the sudden gloomy rain in the middle of a fresh morning.

It was awkward after that and as if the rain was partying about it, it started to rain even harder. Talking about a perfect time indeed.

“You see, let’s go to my house instead.”

Just the hell did you say, Park Chael.

 

--

 

Kim Jongin’s POV

Who knew a simple text could make your insanity turn to zero?

“Just the hell did she do to me… I used to be tougher than this.”

After that text she sent me, my feelings for her seems to turned into more-than-just-friend feeling. I can’t help but thinking of her every time I know we will have a date this Saturday. Each time I bump into her on the faculty, my smile just get wider and wider and I feel like I’m turning into Goofy the Goober in Spongebob Squarepants.

“Jongin—“

“B.I….”

“Okay okay! Hyung! Jongin hyung! Geez, stop with that scary stare and just give me the stare you give to that beautiful girl! Is she our junior?” he asked me while we were walking to the cafeteria to get ourselves some lunch.

“I won’t going to tell.”

Aww~ Hoya hyung! He said he won’t going to tell it to me!” B.I whined to Hoya which only replied by a simple smile.

“You guys are not fun,” he grumbled at the end, knowing that this conversation won’t go anywhere.

After a little searching for the seat, we finally find it near the lake. Our faculty cafeteria is kind of ‘exclusive’ compare to the other faculty. It is located near a lake and the scenery was nice. It was kind of lucky for us to actually get the seat near this place, knowing that it’s a favorite spot on the cafeteria. The three of us then ordered some food and got ourselves chill with some jokes and laughs and that’s when it hit me.

I have no idea about the date this Saturday.

“B.I, Hoya,” I called them as they turned their heads to me.

“Mmhm?” they both replied in a chorus, knowing that I rarely sound serious.

“I need your help. Suggestions, a good one, if it’s possible,” I cleared my throat and start my lies.

“A friend of mine..will have a date this weekend and he doesn’t know what to wear or where to go. He’s…in the same age as me. Would you guys help me—I mean, him?” I cleared my throat again and pretend that it wasn’t me which was working just alright, right?

I saw them as they turned their facial expressions from dork face to dorker face. I mean, seriously guys, are these even funny?

“See hyung? I told you last Sunday that our hyung right here is in love!” B.I beamed in happiness.

“Now that you said it, it might be true,” Hoya smiled as he was staring back at me.

Gee, the tension.

“I-it wasn’t me! It was my friend, really!”

They both then just laughed at me, like literally laughing OUT LOUD. It wasn’t funny for crying out loud.

Oh I hate these guys.

Aw, don’t be like that Jongin. We will help YOU to get THAT junior of ours, okay?” told Hoya after he could reduce his laughs.

--

After that day, they helped me reorganizing the things between me and Chael and finally, it came to the D-Day.

 

“Girls like bad boys. Go with bad boys style hyung!” said B.I while looking on my wardrobe, “here, go with this leather jacket of yours.”

“What?! Why do I need to look so fancy? Bad boy image just won’t suit me!” I complained as he gave me another pilled of clothes.

“It will look good. Trust us, will you? You’ll swoon your girl. Ah, do you think this will look good—“

 

And so on…

 

I woke up kind of late that day because of the sleepiness I couldn’t bear while thinking of this date. I actually had gone to different dates before in high school and campus, but this time, it’s the only time I think Chael got me kneel all over her beauty.

Starting up the machine of my motorcycle, I went to the faculty with a cool pose Hoya taught me.

And then she never failed to awe me.

“. She looks cute,” I muttered under my breath, still wearing my helmet.

Trying to look casual, I walked to her in a cool way Hoya taught me, “Waiting for long?” I asked her with a smile in my face, trying to not look too red because her natural sweet face just made my cheeks burning. Although only with simple clothes not even near those girly dress my ex-date used to wear to impress me, I think she just looks the cutest among them all. No, she is the cutest in the whole girls population on earth.

“Nah, it wasn’t that long,” she answered while shaking her head a bit.

We then lost in our moment, trying to check both of the opposites. Suddenly, she looked up to the sky and just when I wanted to follow her movement, what she said knocked my insanity away.

“Jongin oppa.”

Did she just call me oppa..?

Wait, she did?

“Y-yeah?” I replied with a shaky voice. A really cracked one.

What a start to embarrassed yourself Kim Jongin.

“The sky… It’s getting darker. Are you sure we are going to go with your motorcycle? Let’s just take the train from our campus,” she said while deciding to really will go with my motorcycle or not.

Finally I looked up to the dark gloomy sky who was already aiming for ourselves to get wet later. With such a little confidence, I answered her, “No, it’s okay. It wasn’t that far anyway and I had brought my bike so let’s go.”

--

I feel like wanted to buried myself into a black hole.

Forever not wanted to be found.

Just, disappear.

It was raining like crying. We were both wet, cold, and the mood was just too gloomy to talk about sweetness in a date.

Talking about the irony.

“I’m sorry…” I uttered an apologize after I found her a seat in the bus station.

“It’s not your fault.”

Bang.

Her cold voice me like a lightning. I seriously will think that it could die in her coldness.

I'm doomed.

“You see… Let’s go to my house instead.”

She just said—what?!

 

 

 

NOTES

Hey guys! Thank you for reading and even be generous to leave a comment ;___;

/bow/

 

You know, I just recently watched WIN (Who Is Next). I'm seriously head over heel for B.I and Bobby. Those two are wreck. That's why I chose to add B.I as a character in here, lol. Happy late 18th Birthday too, B.I!!

Anyway, I can't wait until October 25th!! I just want Team A and Team B debut though.... It's kind of sad if YG really will dismished the losing team on the Final Battle :( Like seriously...... They have their own uniqueness and they had been BROTHERS for YEARS. /sobs/

 

Oh well.

 

Again, thank you for reading!! <3