Similarity.

Tell Me, What Are We?

Park Chael’s POV

I’m two years younger than him and my name is Park Chael. Me and him had started this relationship for we don’t know how long. We don’t even want to count. Nevertheless, for countless of time, I’ve tried to remember the reason we have been in this kind of relationship.

Is it nice?

Of course.

Is it burdensome?

Not at all.

 Is it going to stay forever?

 

 

 

 

 

Can I not answer this, please?

 

 

His name is Kim Jongin. A senior in Management Faculty that a lot of people admired of. He’s the type of guy that has a glowing charisma and good looks, that he didn’t even brag about. “Enjoy your life while you can” is his motto and yet, he’s enjoying it to his fullest. He likes acting. He’s good at sport, like so damn good. Try to beat him in football and you’re gonna cry back home. Try to beat him in volleyball and how I wish your hands to heal faster. Try to beat him in taekwondo and I pray for you to not go to the hospital. No, he isn’t harsh. He’s just that strong and these masculinities attract a lot of people from men to women, from boys to girls.

As if those weren’t enough, kids love him. They adore his cuteness, the goofy faces he will make just to make them laugh. The instant idiot ramblings that will make a crying baby stop. Everyone just love him. He is that perfect.

 

Me, on the other side, was only a girl who is currently majoring in Accounting and gifted with a beautiful face while having a strong ambition to reach my goals. Once I’ve set the goals, I’ll dash it until I get it. I’ll become hard working person and focusing myself to reach my goals. But other than these, like him, I love acting. I also love to socialize with a lot of people. I love to work with others in organization as later on I was active in the faculty theater club, faculty student organization, and even became a mentor for freshmen.

See? We are just so different but alike in some ways. In Chinese proverbs, they said there is this red string that might have destined two people together.

I, actually believe that and this is how I found that our string started to attached.

 

We met through our similarity, acting. He was the leader of the club as I was only a newbie in there. It was an accident at how we finally greet each other. It is through a role play. A role play called “the Rich and the Poor”. I was chosen as the rich girl and he was the poor. Jongin loves me but I love his brother who only sees me as a sister. A simple storyline but a complicated chemistry we need to build among each other because what actually happened was a nightmare for both of us.

I could see my senior who acted as the one I love like my own brother, we could act nicely and got praised occasionally. But things weren’t the same when it came to me and Jongin.

We were a disaster.

Our love scenes weren’t sweet enough and there was just no chemistry at all. A lot of the members pursued us to become closer as we actually feel awkward among each other.

Kind of not right, right?

 

“Chael, we can’t be like this forever,” Jongin said with a serious tone as we were the only two people left at the campus that night.

We were just finished our late night practice and he asked me to talk individually together near the fountain in the faculty. Because he thought that we should do something, I agreed to the little conversation he brought that day.

“I know. Do you have any ideas on how to improve our chemistry though?” I asked with hopeless tone, exactly not knowing what to do.

“Let’s go to a date,” he said that firmly and cooly.

“What—“

“Please. No, it’s all because of this, okay. I can’t think of any better options than this, or do you have something better?”

He was right. I thought he was right and I unconsciously shaking my head in disagreement of what he asked.

“Good. So, I’ll pick you up this Saturday? 9 AM?” he asked with a geniue smile.

And that’s just when I thought he just stole my heart.

 

 

 

 

 

Kim Jongin’s POV

A lot of people are seeking for perfection. I don’t believe in such thing. “The imperfectness make human perfect”. Isn’t that popular saying was enough to say it?

But recently, I just knew that people call me a perfect human as I’m luckily good at a lot of skills and I also have quite a good looking.

They only know what my outer looks say.

Because of my popularity, a lot of girls actually confessed to me in the campus. I meant by ‘a lot’ wasn’t like dozens, but you can say it’s quite much. As a true man I am, I rejected them all.

Maybe some of you think that I was just so stupid. Call me that if you want to, but hey, I don’t even know some of those girls. They said they admire me because I’m so good at a lot of things, if that’s so, would they admire me when I’m only a geek, anti-social, and probably have a lot of wrinkles on my face?

Again, they just don’t know about me.

 

Because of these particular reasons, I have my heart planted in acting.

I can be whoever I want and they just won’t know that it was the real me.

 

I thought my life would be flat like this as it only cycled around my sports activity and theater club.

But gee, I was wrong.

 

Her name is Park Chael.

She joined the theater club and already known as one of the prettiest girl in the freshman.

And they weren’t wrong about that.

 

She has a long hair, curly black long hair. Two round big eyes and what makes a lot of people love to see her because she always smiles. Her height isn’t too short and too tall, it’s just the perfect size. She talks politely and sometimes, I found her action was so graceful. After some time observing her, I found out that she was also a determinant girl. She is sometimes strong-headed but her friends love her as much as she loves them too.

 

That’s how I found that I finally interested in girls and have an assumption that I actually kind of liking her, too.

 

We played together. I was chosen to act as a poor man who loves a rich girl and yes, that rich girl is Chael. Acting with her, I finally found my frustration in the things I actually love doing.

We were just such a disaster.

We absolutely have no chemistry, at all, when it comes to love scenes. She could act romantic through the other male role, but when it came to me, it became awkward and emotionless.

I absolutely hate that period of time.

After some practices, I finally decided to talk privately to Chael after one day late practice. She was hesistant at first, but after some time, she finally agreed with me. I brought her to the fountain in the center of our faculty and we sat down at the bench that night.

“Chael, we can’t be like this forever,” I said with a firm tone as I was looking into her eyes.

Everytime I have an eye contact with her, I feel like myself was sunk into her brown-calm-iris. It was glittering, with a lot of young spirit yet I know, there are gentleness and sweetness behind those strong eyes of hers.

“I know. Do you have any ideas on how to improve our chemistry though?” she answered while looking to the ground, sighing quietly as I finally know that she was also as frustrated as I do.

And bang.

That was when I thought I was the most foolish guy on earth that night and I could say at that time, it was the most idiot time of mine that I’ve ever experienced.

“Let’s go to a date.”

By then, I didn’t realize that I’ve started a new page of adventure, happiness, and confusion in love.