2nd Cup

Talk To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Here’s your order Taeyeon-ssi!”

 

Taeyeon jumped in surprise upon hearing Shindong’s voice. She quickly woke up from her small gazing spree and looked at the cafe’s counter crew Shindong who was smiling at her widely. She flashed a huge smile in response and gets her tray of snack and coffee, not without saying a small “Thanks!”

 

She turned to her right and had to abruptly stop.

 

“Oops!” She came face to face with the subject of her interest a few seconds ago, both of them with trays on their hands.

 

They looked at each other in the eye. Luhan gulped.

 

Taeyeon stepped to her right; Luhan to his left.

 

Luhan went right; Taeyeon to her left.

 

She looked up at him once again; both of them froze for a good two seconds before Luhan decided it was about time to break the awkward scene with a chuckle. Taeyeon deemed it appropriate to chuckle in response, noting how the new guy’s eyes turned into crescents as he continued smiling.

 

Luhan, having recovered from the awkward scene, went to his right side, his back facing the counter near Taeyeon, therefore allowing her to have her way first. Taeyeon looked at him in the eyes once again and nodded in understanding.

 

“I’ll go ahead then.” Taeyeon then walked away from the counter back to her table with Tiffany. Luhan, on the other hand, stood still and watched her retreating back, a huge smile visible on his pretty face.

 

“Luhan-ssi!”

 

Luhan then averted his gaze and headed back inside to help Shindong.

 

 

When Taeyeon reached their table, Tiffany was busily tapping on her phone, forehead creased in what seemed to her as deep concentration. She sat down, opposite the pink monster, and stuffed herself a chocolate chip cookie almost immediately.

 

“Gosh, I haven’t eaten for like six hours!” Taeyeon said as she munched on the cookie.

 

“Well, that’s what you get for being friends with Jessica~” Tiffany commented.

 

Taeyeon eyed her oddly. “As if you’re not her friend as well...”

 

“I am so happy I belong in another major!” Tiffany said with a smile, finally slamming her phone down the table. Taeyeon noticed how Tiffany’s eyes show up in pretty crescents, just like how the pretty boy’s eyes did a while ago.

 

Taeyeon choked on her cookie, causing her to have a major coughing fit.

 

“Oh! Taeyeon why?!” Tiffany asked in worry, hurriedly coming to her best friend’s side for rescue.

 

Taeyeon couldn’t answer as she continued coughing. Tiffany reached for Taeyeon’s warm Americano but she immediately dropped her hand upon touching the base of the hot cup. Just then, a cup of cold water appeared before her sight, and Tiffany sensed the urgency of giving the cold drink to her choking best friend first, before knowing how the drink got to them in the first place.

 

Taeyeon accepted the drink right away and gulped the bits of her chocolate chip cookie. The coughing finally ceased after she drank half of the glass. Realizing she was okay now, she looked at Tiffany who was giving her a worried look, then to the person who happened to be standing near their table, still, after miraculously giving them water at the right moment.

 

Taeyeon felt like choking on her water this time.

 

Following her best friend’s line of view, Tiffany finally turned to the good person who saved her Taeyeon from the dangers of filling her lungs with baked goodies.

 

“Oh, thank you!” She beamed at the guy with caramel hair. “Luhan-ssi!” Tiffany read from his name tag. He was rubbing his nape shyly in response. And then he gave them a small smile before walking away.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter