1st Cup

Talk To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          It was a sunny August afternoon. The bright hot sun which was already setting gave a beautiful orange atmosphere inside the small cozy cafe situated at the heart of Seoul University. The cafe had glass transparent front, giving everyone a full view of what's inside and out. The opaque walls were made of wood over stones, matching the varnished wooden pieces of furniture adorning the area. The counter had pastries and the full menu of drinks available for each customer.

 

          "Annyeonghaseyo! Welcome to "The Haven"!" says the cheerful chubby crew on duty. His smile spread from ear to ear as he greets the lady who just came in. "Good afternoon, Miss Tiffany!"

 

          The lady smiled wider, showing the fateful crew her famous eye smile. "Good afternoon, Shindong-ssi!" she greeted back.

 

          "What's in for today? Tiffany-ssi?" Shindong eagerly asks.

 

          "The usual." Tiffany replied with a smile.

 

          "The usual it is then! Strawberry Frappe and Blueberry Cheesecake!" Shindong said as he writes down her order, passing it on to his buddy inside. "Five minutes, ma'am."

 

          "Okay." Tiffany replied with a smile. She went to the side and waited for her order.

 

          There wasn't much customer inside. It's just 5:30 in the afternoon and most of the classes at Seoul University ends at Six. Well, except for Tiffany and some of the few other student customers inside the cafe right now. 

 

          "Where's your friend?" Shindong asks, handing Tiffany her order while the latter gives him cash.

 

          "She's got makeup classes today, but she'll be here soon," Tiffany replied. "Thank you." She got her tray and flashed Shindong another one of her eye smiles before she settled to their usual spot in the cafe. She took her phone and read the message her friend just sent in. 

 

          Be there at around 6:30, Tiff. Jess and I have something to discuss *pouts*

 

           Tiffany sighed. An hour for her to wait. She replied an "Okay :)"

 

           More than an hour passed; it's 6:32 pm and the patrons of "The Haven" from their 6 pm dismissal flooded the small cozy cafe. Tiffany would often glance at the entrance, obviously expecting her friend coming.

 

           Sensing Tiffany's growing impatience, she called her on the phone, with heavy breaths as if she was chasing the bus home.

 

           "I'm… on my… way! Gidaryeo!" she said.

 

           "Ara… Ara…" Tiffany said before she ended the call.

 

           One…

 

           Two…

 

           Three… Three minutes later, a petite young lady with her blonde hair up in a ponytail and a black sling bag enters "The Haven". Catching her breath, she stopped for a while near the door. Or maybe a little too long.

 

           She scanned the cafe and saw her friend at the far corner. After regaining her breath fully, she dashes towards her best friend.

 

           "PANYAH!!!" She called out too loud.

 

            Tiffany looked up with wide eyes. Everyone in the cafe stared at them, well more like Taeyeon, weirdly. Ignoring all the violent reactions from the people surrounding them, Taeyeon quickly walked towards their table. 

 

            "Gosh! You're embarrassing us!" Tiffany says as her best friend takes her seat in opposite hers. Taeyeon ignored her best friend's remarks and pouted, noticing how the table consisted only of Tiffany's finished order. "You didn't order for me?" She batted her eyelashes for full effect.

 

            Tiffany looks at her with disgust. "Gosh! Kim Taeyeon! You're aegyo doesn't work on me. Go get your own order now. I didn't order for you because you said you'll be late. And you totally are, I've been waiting for like…" Tiffany pauses as she glances of her G-shock "…an hour and five minutes. Just what did you have to discuss with Jessica?"

 

            Taeyeon was about to open to answer Tiffany. "Okay… Okay… Order first, and answer me when you come back. Now go." Tiffany shooed her away. Taeyeon pouted even more and glared at her best friend like a five-year-old kid. Tiffany doesn't waver, instead, she gives her an irritated glare as she shoos her away, again.

 

            Taeyeon gave up on her aegyo and rolled her eyes. "Okay…" She stood up and walked towards the counter.

 

            Tiffany finally smiled and chuckled in victory while watching her cute defeated best friend get her drink.

 

******

 

           The dash of students from the 6 pm classes caused a long line in front of the counter of the small cafe. Taeyeon immediately regretted talking to Jessica. Not only did she get into the cafe late, she also had additional tasks to do. Jessica was their course's student body president and Taeyeon was, well, the vice president. Jessica was indeed a very active student who would always fight for their pride as future diplomats. Taeyeon was a little less like her but nevertheless, she works hard for ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter