The Night

For the Deprived

Tears stain your eyes, but none of them fall how long has it been? Hours? Days? Weeks? Your nails tighten within the already torn bed sheets. A dry sob escapes from your lungs, hollering into the crisp, night air. It was enough for the door to be creaked open, letting in the small light from the hallway into your room.

“Baby?” His voice trailed to your ears, twitching the little hairs within

You groaned, you hadn't meant to wake him up—he has recording to do in the next morning, he didn't need any extra luggage already to his bags rested underneath his eyes.

“Love?” His footsteps made small thumps against the carpet, getting louder as he crept closer. For some reason your vocals wouldn't make a sound, just laying there with tears refusing to fall.

“Angel...” The bed dipped slightly, letting you know that he was next to you, his hand lightly trailed down the side of your face. Swallowing hard, you turned away---not wanting to face him, your lover in your pathetic state.

“What's wrong?”

You opened your mouth, choking out your vocal cords as you coarsely answer, “Can't...sleep...”

Hearing him sigh brought your tears to roll down your cheeks, he had to take himself, s, his schedules, had to memorizing various dancing steps just for a two minute song, had to take care of other juniors, and the last thing he needed was another luggage to hold. How could you be the perfect girlfriend when all you do is just make his life more hectic than it already is?

The sudden change of air pressure brought you back into reality, taken from the cold, dry sheets and cuddled into something warm, and loving. He wrapped his arms around you, pulling you to his chest, engulfing you within warmth.

“Kiss..me..” It's been too long—way too long since you had felt him, like tonight. It was always quick pecks, soft nibbles but never the holding of one another, you wanted it back. The warmth, the love.

He pecked the top of her head, bringing it to lay on his chest, those tears faded away leaving a faint wet trail.

“..Again...” He kissed your forehead, you closed your eyes.

“Please..” Your voice turning into whispers, unable to hear.

His lips pecked your nose, your muscles relaxed. He kissed your cheeks, by then you were half lost from the world. By the time he reached your lips, you were already gone.

“..I'm sorry..for being a burden to you..”

“Shh..it's alright baby, just sleep.”