Chapter 2

Your Grace Abounds In The Deepest Waters

Chappie 2 here, I hope you likey!! Again if you have any questions just be free to ask them!!

~KiseopKissMe <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2

 

The stupid head really kept to his word, he hasn’t said nor helped me with anything since I got off this bus, not like I need it anyways, psh.

Well, I guess I really am on my own, but, what the hell do I look for?!

Okay, so I see the fountain, but what next?

“Ehem” someone cleared their throat

“Um, yes? May I help you?” I asked a tall, tan handsome looking guy.

“Are you by any chance, Chae Minyoung-sshi?”

“A-ah, yes? Why?” This is getting really weird.

“Awesome! Hello my names Kai and I am the first of eleven of hyung’s friends that you will be meeting on your mission.” This so-called-Kai dude explained ending with an oh-so y smirk.

“Wait, what? Your hyung? Who’s your hyung? Is it that stupid head that’s always invading my thoughts?” Who that hell do yo-

“BWAHAHAHA!!!! You called him a stupid head!!!! BWAHAHA! I approve!” Kai exploded into a fit of laughter at stupid head’s name. He then put his arm around my shoulder and guided me over to the fountain to sit.

“Uh… Two more questions, why does he have eleven friends, and is Kai even your real name?” I eyed him suspiciously.

“Well’ he chuckled ‘we’ve all just grown up together, plus it wasn’t really our choice, kinda of like fate, you know? And no, my real name is not Kai; it’s just a nickname that the guys call me. My real name is actually Kim Jongin.” He said in an as-a-matter-of-fact tone.

“Ah, I see. That’s a cool nickname, mine’s kind of lame, all my friends really call me is ‘Minnie’, but I do remember back in Canada a boy that I used to live next to used to call me ‘Mia’… ugh, what was his name again?? Oh well, it’ll come back to me later.” I said smiling at the distant memory of a cute little girl, and an annoying little boy playing on swings at a nearby park

~Flashback~

“Hey, let’s go swing on those swings over there.”

“Molla, I don’t wanna~”

“Please, come on Mia, just this once?” the little boy pleaded

“Ah, fine. Just this once though.” The little girl playfully warned

“Asa! Let’s go!!!!!” The boy shouted in joy.

~end of flashback~

“Ah, is that so?” kai said deep in thought. “Well, anyways on with the mission” “Oh, yeah, I forgot about that” *sigh* “Wae? Haha, well here’s your next hint, and I think I should probably be on my way now before the guys kill me for being late. See ya Minnie!!” He waved running away like a little kid chasing an ice cream truck.

“Oh, Buh bye! Nice meeting you Kai!!” I called after him earning another smirk in return.

“Hmm, let’s see” I hummed as I opened the black envelope that Kai had handed me, revealing an equally black card with an intricate design placed in white in the middle of the cover. I opened the card and read 8 simple words; ‘Go to where you first found your passion.

“The dance studio!” I gasped, and started running towards the bus that got me here, and set on my way to Busan, the place where my dreams got a kick start, and where my parents live.

 

Random P.O.V

“Minyoung-ah, I can’t wait to meet you again… for the second time.” The man sighed for the hundredth time that day.

“Why did I have to leave you? Bian…”

 

 

 

***

 As I sat on the bus, I couldn’t help but think about the boy from Canada, why is it so hard to remember him? *sigh*

 

All of a sudden my thoughts were interrupted by a *thud* on the seat next to me. I look to my right and see yet another really good looking guy sitting beside me.

 

“Hello, my name is Kim JongDae, but you can call me Chen.” He introduced reaching his arm out, gesturing for me to shake his hand. I slowly take his hand, while I awkwardly introduce myself as well.’

 

“Umm, h-hello? My name is Chae Minyoung, but you can call me Minnie… if you’d like?” It was more of a question then an answer, but hey this is the second hot guy that I’ve met today.

 

“Ne, I know.”

 

“Bwoh? How do you know who I am?” I questioned

 

“Hmm, the so-called ‘Stupid head’ sent me.” He teased with a wink.

 

“Ah ha, ne I see. But how come I’m meeting you here instead of at the dance studio?” I pondered almost too low for him to hear.

 

“Oh, you will be meeting someone there, I mean how else do you expect to me all 12 guys in one day?” he teased playfully yet again.

 

“Twelve? I thought there was only 11 of you guys, not 12.” I stressed.

 

“Well, don’t you want to meet the stupid head himself?” Chen hummed in response tapping his chin repeatedly.

 

“Chincha?! I really get to meet him? Wah, daebak!” I can finally get my revenge, yes! I smiled pumping a fist in the air triumphantly. Aigoo, I’m too excited about this.

 

“Ooh, someone’s excited~” He said wiggling his eyebrows. Seriously, this guy is a troll, if I’ve ever seen one.

 

“Andwe, what are you talking about?” I said acting innocent.

 

“Uh huh, and that’s why you’re blush-“ He was cut off by the sudden halt of the bus.

 

“Hehe, see ya Chen-Chen!!” I called running off the bus leaving no time for him to finish his sentence.

 

“Bye Minnie-sshi!” I heard him chuckle before the doors closed sealing off those who were passengers from those of the outside world.

 

“Whew, that was close” I dramatically wiped the invisible sweat off my forehead.

 

Hmm, maybe I should pay an overdue visit to Umma, and Appa before I head out.

 

~A little while later~

 

“Umma? Appa?” I called out as I opened the front door to my parent’s home.

 

“Oh? Minyoungie dear, what are you doing here? Omo, never mind that, I’ve missed you so much! How have you been? Having you been eating well? Honey, answer me.” My mother rattled off enveloping me in a bone crushing hug.

 

“Umma~” I whined “I’m fine, you don’t have to worry about me, I’m a big girl now, remember? How have you and Appa been? By the way, where is he?” I asked looking around the room.

 

“I’m good, and so is your father. He’s probably out doing yard work, you know how he is when it comes to his garden.” My mom and I chuckled. “You should go say hi, and catch up while I finish making lunch, hmm?”

 

“Ne!” I skipped toward the vegetable garden in the back yard to see my favorite man in the whole world.

 

“Appa!” I called out as I ran and jumped on his back. My dad is tall, I mean 6’4” tall, and since my mom is my height (only 5’4”) he looks like a giant now that I haven’t seen him in a while.

 

“Hi princess, what are you doing all the way over here?” My dad laughed setting me back on the ground where I belong.

 

“I just wanted to visit Busan, wae? You don’t want me here? Arasseo, I’ll leave.” I pouted, and started to walk away slowly. “Aye, you know that’s not true, your mother and I missed you, you know? I was just curious.” My father reasoned giving me a hug.

 

“I know, I’ve missed you guys too.’ I smiled hugging him back.

 

After about 20 minutes of catching up with my dad, my mom called for us to come in and clean-up for lunch. We had a traditional American lunch of ham and turkey sandwiches and my mother’s homemade blueberry juice. As we ate I smiled reminiscing about the old times in Canada, and how much fun it was, until I remembered that stupid head and his stupid mission. I bet you he purposely interrupted my thoughts. Ugh.

 

“Umma, Appa. I’m sorry, but I think that I should head out now.” I bowed frowning as I started cleaning up my side of the table.

 

“Awe, wae? It’s only 9:25AM?” My mother whined helping me wash the dishes.

 

“I have some errands to do that’ll take all day; I just wanted to come check in with you guys. Plus, I don’t want to stay out to late since I have to work tomorrow, y’know?” I reasoned kissing both of my parents goodbye.

 

“Arasseo, be careful sweetie, okay?” “Call us as soon as you get home.” My parents chorused

 

“Ne.” I agreed as I left the house to go to my next destination; the dance studio.

 

Okay, so before I go on, let me explain to you that my ‘dance studio’ is more or less and actual dance studio. It’s actually a run down, out of business, falling apart, well, dance studio. So it is a dance studio, just not your average working one, this one still hasn’t been restored, I’m actually surprised that someone hasn’t torn it down for construction. Well, I guess that’s just my luck.

 

I found it around the time that I came back from Canada. It seemed to have just appeared, it was my way to escape the boring reality of life. I still question how it’s managed to stay so un-vandalized over the years, considering it’s been sitting here unused for over 2 years, well, unused by someone other than me.

 

But without a second thought, I went around the old, rustic building to an opening that I discovered a while back when I went roaming around to get familiarized with the place.

 

“Ah” I sighed in content “home sweet home.” I chuckled “more like home away from home.” I spoke to myself as I ran my hands along the cold metal railings of the dark cherry wood stairs, leading to my favorite, most secluded dance room of the whole building. On the back wall of the room was a lively, light blue cloud wallpaper, connecting another wall filled with signatures and pictures of all the dancers that have ever danced here (including my friends, and I) on the left side, and on the right side was a full length mirror covering from ceiling to floor, that wall, and also the front wall so that dancers could monitor their dancing with ease.

 

And standing in the middle of my favorite room were 4 handsomely gorgeous men, sweat dripping from their bodies, from what I think was some intense dancing.

 

As they finally took notice of me, one of them- a guy with majorly adorable bun cheeks –smiled widely and started hitting the other guys to get their attention. Once all eyes were on me, a guy with really innocent doe eyes started walking towards me, with the bun-cheeked and serious looking one close behind, leaving the dazed looking one behind, well until the bun-cheeked one got his attention and pulled him forward.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo” The doe-eyed guy spoke.

 

I swear they can’t be any older than I am. I mused.

 

I was soon dragged out of my thoughts by the bun-cheeked guy’s voice.

 

“Hi, my name is Kim MinSeok, but everyone calls me Xiumin, oh and I’m 23, so I’m pretty sure that I’m your Oppa.” He exclaimed puffing up his cheeks to look like two adorable Chinese buns.

 

“Chincha?! 23? I thought that you were at least 19 or 20!” I practically shouted my exasperation, making them all laugh, even the serious one.

 

“Yeah, I get that a lot, but I’m actually the oldest out of our group of friends.” He chuckled in response.

 

“Wah~” I gasped in shock.

 

“Mmm, and I’m Luhan, the second oldest of our group, also 23.” The doe-eyed elder bowed.

 

“Wow, no offence but you guys have serious baby faces.” I commented “And Luhan? If I’m not mistaken that’s a Chinese name, and I correct?” I asked confident in my Chinese knowledge.

 

“Good observation, I am indeed one of the 4 Chinese members in our group.” I nodded my head in approval as the next person introduced themselves.

 

“Hello, I am the maknae of the group, Oh Sehun-imnida.” Mr. Serious face stated.

 

“Wait, youngest? How old are you?” I eyed him suspiciously, secretly hoping that he was younger than me.

 

“Haha, ne. I’m a 94-liner, making me 19 this year.” He laughed at my actions.

 

“Daebak! I’m your Noona then, because I’m a 93-liner. Mehrong!” I jokingly teased.

 

“You know, from your actions, I can definitely believe that you’re in fact the maknae.”

 

“Yah~!” He whined childishly, adding to my proof.

 

“Hey, be respectful of your elders.” Luhan joined in, flicking Sehun on the back of the head.

 

“Hyung~”

 

“Arasseo, arasseo, everyone be quiet, Lay still needs to do his introduction.” Xiumin interrupted as all eyes turned to the dazed blonde guy standing off to the side.

 

“huh? Oh hehe” He laughed, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

 

“Hello, my name is Zhang Yixing, but you can call me Lay.” He smirked mockingly at his fluent Chinese introduction, thinking that I wouldn’t understand.

 

“Yah! Yixing, in Kor-“

 

“Hao, nice to meet you too Yixing… Oppa? My name is Xao Dayou, but my Korean name is Chae Minyoung, either is fine.” I smiled at my response in fluent Chinese, cutting off Xiumin’s interruption.

 

“N-ne, I’m your Oppa.” Yixing blushed. I could tell that they were all stunned, but he was especially embarrassed.

 

“Wow, Noona, you speak Chinese?” Sehun awed. “Mhm, English and Japanese too.” I beamed proud of my skills.

“Nice~” Lay complimented “Why thank you, Lay Oppa.” I said emphasizing the ‘Oppa’

 

“What? Why does he get to be called Oppa?” Luhan complained. “Yeah!” The other guys cheered making Lay blush.

 

“Fine, chill guys. Luhan OPPA, Xiumin OPPA, and Sehunnie!” I said trying to please all of them.

 

“Yay! She called me Sehunnie!” Sehun cheered.  I watched as the other guys just shook their heads at his excitement, obviously pleased with their new titles.

 

Maybe this mission won’t be so bad after all.

 

3rd Person P.O.V

 

“Mia, what are you doing to me? I don’t know how much longer I can take being away from you.” The man then left the confines of his room to release some steam in the castles combat room.

 

MinYoung’s P.O.V

“Hey, let’s test her.” I heard Sehun whisper to Luhan, he smirked in reply “Let’s.”

Let me inform you that I’m on the other side of the room next to an amused Lay and a hungry Xiumin, so I’m quite unsure myself on how I heard such a low comment that no one else even took notice of.

As they started to move forward, I thought of the best way to throw off their little plan.

“Hey Xiumin-sshi, I have some rice cakes in my bag if you’d like some.” I offered taking my Vintage Women Canvas Rucksack shoulder bag with a light brown leather trim backpack, setting on the ground to retrieve the yummy treats.

“Ooh, rice cakes! I want one!” He cheered sprinting over to where I had started laying them out on the ground to make sure I had enough for everyone.

“Uh-uh-uuuh, I don’t think so~” I warned moving them out of his reach.

“Ichi, nii, san…” I handed them out to the guys counting in Japanese, leaving Xiumin for last. I watched as his face lit up like a kid on Christmas morning when he realized that I had given him one more than his fellow friends.

 

~Dance scene~

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Wah! Daebak!” Xiumin exclaimed as the rest of them clapped in applause. “I have never seen a girl move like that before!” Sehun awed “Noona, will you marry me?” the maknae jokingly proposed with his water bottle.

“Aye~ You know she’s off limits~” Said Luhan wiggling his eyebrows at the guys in a hinting manner, earning laughs from the guys.

“Off limits? What are you guys talking about?”

“Oh nothing, you’ll find out soon enough.” Xiumin sing-songed.

These guys are weird

“Well, anyways, isn’t it about time you guys game me my next clue?” I asked drinking from my water bottle. “Oh, yeah. Almost forgot about that.” Luhan laughed reaching into his back pocket to pull out a white envelope. He handed it to me, and in which I gladly took with both hands.

“So.” Sehun clapped his hands

“I guess this is where we start to head out.” Xiumin added.

“Mmm, bye Daiyou-sshi, it was nice meeting you~” Luhan and Lay chorused.

“Bye!” I waved as they took their things and left.

Setting myself down against the back wall, I carefully unsealed the triangle flap, and pulled out a white card with 5 black symbols, each different from the other. The first one being a very interesting looking lightning bolt, the second, a circle with curved lines on the top and bottom and a set of three dots in a row on the top above the curved line, and also on the bottom below the curved line. The third  symbol was a snowflake looking design, the fourth looked like the top of a tornado, like wind, and the last was… a unicorn… a unicorn? Really?

I opened the card, and read my next hint aloud; “Go to the ice cream parlor besides Dongyuk University. These are more like directions if you ask me, but hey! I get ICE CREAM!!” I cheered grabbing my things and running out the door.

 

3rd Person P.O.V

“Hey Baek?”

“Mmm?”

“What do you think she’s like?” The tall, deep voiced male asked his best friend out of curiosity.

“Well, Channie. She’s most likely awesome if hyung’s so obsessed with her, and making us meet her, I mean he does want our approval, so she’s probably AMAZING in hyung’s eyes.” The one called Baek answered with a laugh.

“True that, man.” The tall friends laughed along.

“Hey Chanyeol!” The shorter friend whisper shouted in excitement, nudging his friend’s shoulder.

“Yes Baekhyun?” Chanyeol asked in a sarcastic manner, also using his friend’s full first name.

“Ugh” He sighed “Just look, I think that’s her.” Baekhyun said moving his friend’s head toward the direction of his findings.

“Omo, it is!” Chanyeol gasped, gapping at a young, beautiful lady, dressed in light-washed jeans, and a black winter jacket, sporting a cute black beanie on her waist long, auburn colored hair, and dark brown combat boots.

“Don’t forget what you came here for, I don’t want you two getting distracted, you hear me?”

“Ne hyung” The boys chorused in their minds.

“Well, let the mission begin.” Baekhyun smirked.

 

Minyoung’s POV

I walked into the cutely decorated ice cream parlor, and immediately stood in line to get a frozen treat even though it was just below 50o F outside. But just as I was about to reach the front of the line, I was whisked out of the way by a giant.

“Hey! What was that for?” I huffed like a child.

“Bian, but if you get sick because of some ice cream, Hyung will blame it on us for not taking good care of you.” The guy said sheepishly. “Oh, I’m Chanyeol and this is Baekhyun… by the way.” The giant said gesturing towards him and his friend, and that’s when I finally looked up and took notice of his features, I mean yeah they were both handsome, it’s just Chanyeol had this kind of creepy smile, that didn’t really match his baby face or deep voice. And his friend, Baekhyun, was pretty short for a dude, but then again so were Xiumin and Chen.

“Haha, your name sounds like Bacon.” I mentioned stifling my giggles, smiling apologetically.

“Ugh, not her too” Baekhyun sighed resting his face in the palms of his hands.

“So, I heard from Luhan hyung that you’re multi-lingual.” Chanyeol said nudging my shoulder.

“Yeah, kinda like another certain person we know.” Baekhyun winked.

“Huh? How did you find out so fast, I mean, it’s true, but I was just with them.” I pondered. “Magic” Chanyeol playfully gestured with jazz hands, which earned a joking scoff from Baekhyun.

“It’s called a phone, silly.” Baekhyun corrected ruffling my hair. “Oh, yeah. There’s also that” Chanyeol shrugged.

“Anyways, don’t you also have two names? Isn’t one enough?” The Bacon strip joked.

“Haha, Chae Minyoung is my Korean name given to me by my father, and Xao Daïyou is my Chinese name given to me by my mother.” I explained playing with a straw wrapper that was on the table, left by the previous occupants. After a long pause I looked up to see two very adorable, confused looking faces.

“Well, you see. I’m half Korean, half Chinese, and so to make it easier to move to where I wanted to, without all of the extra paper work on my part, my parents registered me under two birth certificates when I was born, so I’m a citizen of China, and Korea. So that’s why I have two names, haha.” I went on, answering their unspoken questions.

“Hmm…” Both guys chorused “Interesting.” Baekhyun hummed. “Yes, very.’ Chanyeol responded with a very broken British accent.

Laughing, I questioned “Why ice cream?”

“Wha- Oh it was the first warm place we saw, so we just ran in.” Baekhyun reasoned.

“Hmm.” I nodded.

 

At around 10AM we were kicked out of the shop by the oh so annoyed owners due to our excessive laughing. But hey, it can’t be helped when everything that comes out of those boy’s mouths is hilarious!

“OMG! That was amazing!” I laughed gasping for air.

“Seriously though, no wonder why we got kicked out, we probably sounded like a group of drunk, dying whales!” Baekhyun said wiping the tears from his eyes.

“… I’m hungry…” Chanyeol sighed glancing at the deokbogkki stand across the street.

“Me too..” I said following his gaze.

“Arasseo! Let’s eat!” Baekhyun cheered clapping his hands together.

 

After eating about 3 servings each of yummy, delicious FOOD, we stopped to relax our lazy asses at a nearby park. Taking in the scenery I didn’t even notice my phone ringing.

“Hey aren’t you going to answer that?” Chanyeol nudged sipping his soda.

“A-ani.” I stuttered looking at the caller ID.

“Wae?” Baekhyun questioned.

“It’s nothing, probably just an unknown number, that’s all.” I sighed tucking my phone away

“Minyoung-sshi? Gwenchana?”

Ignoring their stares I continued to think about the things that are about to start going wrong. To them I probably looked like I had just seen a ghost, if only that were true.

*sigh*

*clears throat* “Um, I think that we should wrap it up here, I mean I still have to meet, what 3 more of you guys?” I chuckled dryly.

“Are you sure? I mean you can talk to us about.” Chanyeol reasoned.

“Only if you want to of course,” Baekhyun hurriedly added.

“Aniya~ I’m fine, really I am. Now,” I clasped my hands together “Where’s my next clue taking me?”

As Chanyeol continued to give me unsure looks, Baekhyun dug through his backpack to retrieve a card identical to the others. The card in it black envelope seemed bulkier than the others, and it’s weight seemed to heighten my suspicions.