Chapter 2

Cheap Latte
There's a reason why Myungsoo hates to open his locker at any time of the day. There are bazillions of loveletters occupied his cramped school locker. It's started to become embarrassing for him. He took the falling love letters one by one on the floor, put them all in his bag and go to the class.
 
"Myungsoo-yaa", Sungyeol welcomed him warmly from his desk as usual.
Since they're both close now, Myungsoo has no difficulty in blending with others. Not that he wanted to, he just wanted to talk to Sungyeol, but get dragged instead. Myungsoo put his bag on the table, open it to get his books and all those love letter spilled all over the place.
 
"Whoaaaaa after all this time, it hasn't shrink in numbers yet? that's crazy! are you gonna read them all?", asked Sungyeol, took one one love letter in black envelope. He look inside of it and find a fabric with strange encryption, and some needles. He threw it from his hands right away.
"Yaaah! what's that what's that, someone tried to put magic on you!", Sungyeol yelled at Myungsoo who calmly took it and throw it to the trash bin.
"How could you be so calm about it?", Sungyeol asked, totally amazed.
"It's not the first time", said Myungsoo.
"Prince Myungsoo. Totally daebak", said Sungyeol, giggling like a kid.
"Could you just stop calling me that?", Myungsoo chuckled at himself.
"Everyone calls you that", said Hyunwoo from his desk. He sits beside Sungyeol.
"Oh God, what a burden", said Myungsoo, lean his back on the chair, looking at his surrounding with annoyed face.
"Really? I thought you enjoy it. Looking how you lean back cooly and looked at your surroundings annoyed like that, totally a real prince", said Sungyeol, still mocking him.
"Mwo yaaa... it's just me", Myungsoo giggled and hit Sungyeol's back head with a book.
 
A teacher came breaking their noises. It's Mr. Park, the one who replaced Mr. Choi. He's still young, like, 32 years old. He's alright. He's not full with grudges, he taught effectively, engaging his students to try the new formulas and stuffs. You know when there's a new teacher replacing the old one, they always seem like they're better than the previous, we're so consumed with that idea, but then we will realize that... well, we all hate Maths. That's why when the break time bell rang, no one stays when Mr. Park carefully informed them their homework and what to do for next week.
 
Myungsoo and Sungyeol ran to the cafetaria and sit near the cedar tree in the middle of the school park. Sungyeol drink his iced latte, put them in his mouth, tasting it carefully sip after sip.
 
"Ah, this latte is so un-latte like. But well, it's just a cheap latte in cheap cafetaria anyway. Who served latte with ice, though", suddenly he burst out his complaints, Myungsoo looked to his left and right and realized that Sungyeol actually talking to him.
"Huh? How a real latte tastes like?", asked Myungsoo.
"You think I don't know how a high class latte tastes like??. I'm a coffee expert you know", said Sungyeol proudly.
"High class latte... really, though?", Myungsoo chuckled.
"Yeah! you see that girl over there?", Sungyeol pointed the far table on the left.
"Ah, Park Gyuri. Isn't she a member of that new hot girl group?", asked Myungsoo.
"She's my ex. She loves coffee so much that's why I learn to make ones"
"Your ex?!!"
Why? you don't believe a person like me had a popular girlfriend like her?. We broke up when she signed a contract with her agency a year ago. But look, look, she still has feelings towards me. She likes to secretly took a glance at me"
"What on earth... that's because we're looking at her", said Myungsoo, can't understand what's going on his friends' head.
"No no no... Every time we're passing each other in the hallway, the feeling is too real. But she's an idol now, it must be really difficult for her", said Sungyeol still full about himself.
"Are you sure it's not just you?", said Myungsoo, tried to keep Sungyeol's feet on the ground.
 
But Sungyeol isn't the type that speak without proofs, though. Myungsoo do notice it every time they passed by each other on the hallway, Gyuri is always taking her time to give Sungyeol a glance, a meaningful glance like "hey there". He doesn't understand how a totally normal, ordinary guy like Sungyeol could date a school princess like Gyuri. Not that he's jealous with any of them, in fact Myungsoo never feel jealous about anything, since he's perfect already. He's just find this one friend, Lee Sungyeol is really interesting.
 
"The school permit you to bring this?", Sungyeol carefully observed Myungsoo's DSLR lense that pointed at him. Myungsoo giggled looking at his friend's amazed face behind the camera. He then shot him.
"Yes... they let me", said Myungsoo.
They hangout by the rooftop again, watching the sun that slowly disappeared into the horizon.
"Awesome, the school almost had us on Mr. Choi case, but then when you said you already took care of it, school never bother us again. What are you made of, Myungsoo-ya... gold? people get charmed by you every time you go", said Sungyeol, giving his friend an annoyed look.
Myungsoo just smile and shoot the cityscape beyond instead.
 
"Don't say that, do you know what happened back in my old school so I should move here?", said Myungsoo as he moved down his camera.
"What?", asked Sungyeol, curiously stood up and approached Myungsoo.
"This one tough guy, everyone is afraid of him, you know, the kind of gang leader in our school, his girl was mad about me, she was aggressive towards me and all, this tough guy of course won't let me go after found out about that, he bullied me all year long, putting thumb tacks in my shoes, trashes in my locker... I confronted him one day, telling that there was nothing between me and his girl, but he already hated me, this whole "Prince Myungsoo" thing, you know, every girl called me that... So that day we fought, my father found out, and in the next day, he was banned from the school. It's scary to think what my father could do, some times... ", Myungsoo chuckled.
"Really...?", said Sungyeol.
"Yeah, I tried my best to hide my fight and bullies issues from my father, but he was just that unfortunate when I went home bruised and my father was there, canceled his last minute flight. After that, everyone is afraid of me, I didn't blame them, Prince Myungsoo... I always be that snob prince that no one ever dare to talk to, ain't I?", said Myungsoo, gazing to the faraway sunset.
Sungyeol just looking at him, wonder it might be really lonely to be Myungsoo.
 
"I like you, I like talking to you...", said Sungyeol with his usual grin, tapped Myungsoo back.
"I never thought that you're the kind who would pull a mean prank to teacher like that though", continued Sungyeol, lean his back on the fence, looking up to the sky.
"I don't want to get old and when I'm looking back I just see some plain memories of the past", said Myungsoo.
"Surely this one is the most colorful one", Sungyeol giggled.
"Yeah? Sungyeol you enjoyed that as much as I did, right?", said Myungsoo. He pointed his camera on Sungyeol again. A clicked sound came after.
"Yah, Myungsoo... why are you taking pictures of me?", Sungyeol peeked into his camera's monitor.
"See.. you look good", said Myungso, showing Sungyeol his pictures.
"Daebak daebak!. Myungsoo, you're a gifted photographer", said Sungyeol, really excited.
"So I won't forget about you...", said Myungsoo, put a pause in Sungyeol's excitement.
 
Sungyeol chuckled, he grabbed Myungsoo's shoulder and screamed to the air "Romantic Prince Myungsoooo!"
"Stop it!", Myungsoo dodges away from Sungyeol's embarrassing attitude.
"Prince Myungsoo... I will send you some love letters too... I hope you're gonna read them... ah, I'm thinking about youuu all niiiiiight... in my dreaaaam", Sungyeol wrapped his arms around Myungsoo once again. Myungsoo couldn't do nothing but laugh, he regret his own words before.
 
In the next morning, it turned out that Sungyeol is the one who got his love letter, along with a box of Bourbon Coffee. It was neatly packaged in see-through book paper, a simple red ribbon tied in from side by side. A letter with same book paper slipped into its tie and it read;
 
"Here's Bourbon Coffee for our coffee prince", typed, not handwritten, in Bodoni letters, confirming the sender's elegant taste.
 
"It must be Gyuri, don't you think?", Sungyeol stared at the package on his table for hours. Myungsoo looking at it and took his camera again.
"It could be anyone", said Myungsoo calmly shot the coffee package.
"But, who would called me a Coffee Prince except her?", said Sungyeol.
"Yah, aren't you a self-proclaimed coffee expert?! everyone knows it", Hyunwoo responded from his table.
"Coffee Prince though...", said Sungyeol, leaned his head aside, still carefully observed his package.
"Now we have a new prince", Myungsoo giggled.
 
Sungyeol is happy that he got a free coffee after all, and he still confidently thought that it was Gyuri, he came to school so early so he could caught who gave him the coffee. But of course there's no free coffee in the day after that, two days after that, three days after that, four days after that. Coffee Prince has his short lived moment, but, another package of coffee appeared again on his drawer after a month. This time it's Colombian. One tasteful coffee that is. Sungyeol couldn't understand what kind of girl who choose a package of Colombian for a guy she likes. A really quirky girl, she must be. So then, the free coffee package always appeared in his drawer, between 14th to 21th each month, without fail.