Chapter 1

Cheap Latte
This morning is like any other morning. Lee Sungyeol, a normal 11th grade highschool student, joking around with his friends. He's a joker in this class, everyone likes him. But not the teacher, he's that one student that keeps talking to his friends every time they explained a subject in front of the class. Not that he's a stupid student either, in fact that his scores are generally good, it makes some teachers hate him more. One of them must be Mr. Choi, he taught Math (of course). He's a 43 years old - at least that's what everyone suggests. He easily upset about his boy students, he upset if someone breathes too heavily, clicking their pens, tapping their pencils, basically he hated them for being alive. And he have this sort of special grudge towards Sungyeol, because every time he scolded him, he always ended up as no.1 in exam.
 
So this morning, no, we won't talk about Mr. Choi just yet. In fact we're gonna talking about the new student that coming to the class. His name is Kim Myungsoo. He's a flower boy. Every girl gasped when today's first teacher, Mrs. Yoo, introduced him.
 
"Hi, I'm Kim Myungsoo. I'll be your classmate from now on. Please take care of me~", he said as he smile and bow to the class.
"Are you that Kim Myungsoo?! Your father owned that big electronic corporation?", one student frankly asked him the question.
"Yes. That's my father", he shortly answered.
"I hope you guys will get along well", said Mrs. Yoo. "Myungsoo-goon, you can sit behind Sungyeol there", she continued.
"Ah, here here!", said Sungyeol raising his hand.
 
Myungsoo took a glance on his new seat and sitting cooly. Sungyeol watching him as he walk closer. The girls are still busy whispering about how beautiful he is. A fact that Sungyeol won't doubt either. But, being pretty is not enough for Myungsoo to get along. Every break time, he will disappear somewhere, sleeping on his table, or just reading a book while listen to his headphones. The world just seems so uninteresting for him. Sungyeol tried to talk to him for couple times, but the reaction is always so cold.
 
"That Prince Myungsoo is such a snob", said Hyunwoo, one of Sungyeol's classmate to him.
This group of friends round-up near the corner of the class, casually gossiping the sleeping Myungsoo on the other corner.
"Sungyeolie, have you talk to him?", asked Hyunwoo.
"Couple times, but he responded me coldly. I don't know what's wrong with him", said Sungyeol.
"Maybe we're not in his level", said Hyunwoo.
"Whoa... of course. Aren't we just some dirty peasants compared to him", said Sungyeol and they're all laughing.
 
Days gone by and still none of them could engage a conversation with Myungsoo. And finally, it's Friday, it's Mr. Choi's day. Mr.Choi entered the room with his heavy books, repositioning his thick glasses carefully, his slowly fading hair are so greasy that when the sunlight shined on it, the students could actually see some bokeh. He sighed heavily as he opened his absence list, he called Sungyeol in different manner, looking what's been wrong about him today.
 
"Lee Sungyeol! your second button is undone", he said, while slightly smiling in satisfaction.
Sungyeol took a glance to the right and left, his friends are giggling. He reached for his second button and buttoned it up. How could Mr. Choi noticed about that, he thought in worrisome. Maybe what people say about how love and hate are different sides of a coin is true after all? He suddenly had goosebumps thinking about it.
 
The Math lesson then goes as Mr. Choi diligently writing some formulas on the blackboard, so happy about himself, he didn't realize that his class are ready to fall asleep, with wide opened eyes.
 
"Sungyeolie...", a voice called Sungyeol from behind, half whispered.
Sungyeol took a glance at Myungsoo. "Mwo?", he said.
"Please lend me a pen... cil...", said Myungsoo, trying hard to keep his voice unheard.
Sungyeol reached for his pencil carefully not to make Mr. Choi noticed him, he passed it to Myungsoo without turning his head, but then he nudged the edge of the table and the pencil dropped. A noise that Mr. Choi won't ignored. He tuned his head immediately to his favorite student Lee Sungyeol. He slammed the books on the table and pointing his finger on Sungyeol. Sungyeol's heart stopped, he saw Mr. Choi's mouth calling his name in slow motion.
 
"Lee Sungyeol! get out of the class. NOW!", Sungyeol jumped out of his seat when Mr. Choi finished his words. It's like an atomic bomb exploded in his head.
"But... it was just a pencil", said Sungyeol carefully explained.
"Do you dare to speak like that to your teacher?. You broke my concentration, now, GET OUT!", said Mr. Choi splattering all of his saliva.
"It's me, sir", Myungsoo stood up. All eyes suddenly on him.
"Kim Myungsoo... you don't need to stand for that prick", asked Mr. Choi. Seems like every teacher acknowledge who his father is. So they're really careful about him.
"I'm the one who tried to borrow the pencil. I know it's not the right thing to forget my pencil at home and actually borrow it in the middle of your teaching is just so wrong. So, it's me whom you need to blame on", he said in composed manner as usual.
"Whoa... daebak daebak", Sungyeol dazedly praising Myungsoo's speech.
"Okay, you both, get out", said Mr. Choi as he cleared his throat. Acknowledge Myungsoo's father is important, but more important for him to punish anyone who took Sungyeol's side.
 
Myungsoo and Sungyeol left the class with sour faces. The class just looking at them both without saying a word. Too sleepy to even move their heads. So the lesson continues as Myungsoo and Sungyeol stood outside the class.
 
"Hey, sorry", said Myungsoo.
"No. It's alright... he has deep grudge on me since the beginning", Sungyeol replied.
"Maybe he likes you", Myungsoo chuckled.
"What?!", Sungyeol stared at him, between stunned that Myungsoo could joke like that, and actually angry about his words.
"Yah, Myungsoo-goon... We never talked to each other before this", Sungyeol continued.
"Yeah", he said shortly.
"Just 'yeah'? what's wrong with you, really", Sungyeol chuckled.
"We didn't have anything to talk about", said Myungsoo.
"Because we never talk before...! that's why you shoud! just say yes when I asked you to eat the lunch together, or, say something when I told you that I'm afraid that it will rain in the evening, not just 'yeah, I'm afraid too' like that... hh, you're unbelievable!", Sungyeol finally spat out his complaints to his classmate.
"What should I say then?", Myungsoo giggled.
"Yah, try harder, Kim Myungsoo. You've planned to graduate without any friend?", said Sungyeol.
"Not like that... I just don't find it important, those small talks...", he said.
"Ah, it's for your image right, cold city guy Prince Myungsoo...", mocked Sungyeol.
"They said that?", said Myungsoo.
"The girls... they're crazy about you"
 
"Hahahahaha", Myungsoo laughed so hard.
"What...?", Sungyeol can't help but laugh seeing his so called snob friend could actually laugh that hard.
"Yah, Sungyeolie... I have a plan to get back this bitter Choi", Myungsoo whispered so suddenly.
"Bitter Choi~", Sungyeol giggled.
"Where do you live?", asked Myungsoo.
"Me? I lived uphill, near the temple?", said Sungyeol.
"Ah, I know that area. Hey, I'll pick you up tonight on my bike, what's your number?", asked Myungsoo.
Though Sungyeol is confused about it, he took his phone and they're exchanging numbers.
"What's your plan? this is not a joke, right?", asked Sungyeol curiously.
 
No, Sungyeol, it's not a joke. Myungsoo is a man of his word, he picked Sungyeol in the middle of the night. Sungyeol has to jumped off the fence by crawling his garage roof, he then jumped on Myungsoo's big bike right away and they're heading for the school. Myungsoo stole the school keys earlier from the janitor. Sungyeol never thought that this cold city prince is such a punk. They then sticked something on school's notice board.
 
When the morning comes, a whole school couldn't ignore a newspaper-like A0 sized poster sticked on the notice board. On it written a big bold headline saying "A 43 Year Old Has Been Held In Custody Over Accusation Of Molestation", Mr. Choi's head was photoshopped neatly into a ual offender picture, complete with a crying boy beside him, the boy's face is blurred of course. That time right after Mr. Choi entered the entrance door, he collapsed seeing that notice board. He apparently has a heart disease.
 
Every teacher communicate this matter to their class, saying that an investigation being held concerning this matter, and the fact that Mr. Choi is in hospital now, he won't be able to teach for some period of time. The students try hard not to show their happy expressions, but Sungyeol couldn't hold his laughter so he ran outside in hurry, Myungsoo followed him not long after that. They both ran to the rooftop, and laugh their asses off.
 
"Yah, yah, Myungsoo-ya... how if he died? we're in a big trouble really!", said Sungyeol, held his laughter while holding his stomach tightly.
"Wouldn't everyone be happy?", said Myungsoo.
Sungyeol laughed without a voice after heard that. He tried to reach Myungsoo's shoulder and as they tired over their own laughter, they sit and lean together on the fence.
"Aigoo... Myungsoo-ya, you're totally daebak! I never thought you're this kind of person", Sungyeol overed him a bro hug and Myungsoo welcomed it.
"I like you I like you", said Sungyeol as he patted Myungsoo's back.
Myungsoo just smiled cooly as he always does.
 
"So... did I try hard enough?", asked Myungsoo mischievously.
Sungyeol frowned his eyebrows to Myungsoo and finally burst into laugh once again.