A New Start

A Love Like War

 

After 3 years...

 

  After the day Hyunjung and Lay graduated from College, they started to find a job. Hyunjung worked in her father's company as a treasurer. She always in-charge of collecting and spending money for the company. Lay, on the other hand, doesn't find a job yet so he decided to go overseas.

 

  Lay decided to go to his hometown in China to find their his job. But he decided to stay in Seoul for a couple of weeks before going to China. Him and Hyunjung didn't see each other after they were graduated. He always receives some expensive Irish Chocolate Truffles from Hyunjung or a letter from her. When he is hungry, he always eats the chocolate Hyunjung gave to him but the letter, he will never read that one. He doesn't want to see Hyunjung's such poor handwriting. He sometimes because of her drawing.

 

  Their parents somehow have connection to each other till now. Their mothers are really close to each other when it comes to business. Somehow they have a family dinner but Hyunjung sometimes didn't get come along because she was now busy in company. Lay decided to fly to China and visit his relatives there. Hyunjung's parents know all about Lay's departure heading to China but they didn't tell this to Hyunjung. Hyunjung didn't get any updates from Lay. She always thinks of him whenever she is bored from work. She didn't once tell what Lay's cellphone number because she was too shy that she can make Lay disturbed. She didn't knew that Lay doesn't have a job yet.

 

 

------------------

 

  Lay started to pack his things because he will go to China now. He really missed his relatives there and also his 5 bestfriends. He didn't say goodbye to Hyunjung but he give a goodbye letter to Hyunjung's parents to give it to her. His father fetched him to Airport. "Goodluck there, Yixing. Say 'Hi' to your aunties there" his umma said. "And don't forget to call us if you were already there " his appa said. Lay waved goodbye as he entered to the Airport.

 

I'm sorry Hyunjung if I didn't say goodbye to you... I promise, next year I will be going back

to see you, my one and only bestfriend...  - Lay