Prologue 000 : -- Lullaby's Requiem -- :

CHARMED : -- Enchanting Beyond the Heart, Mind, and Soul -- : [discontinued]
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 000 ◆ Lullaby's Requiem 

 

 

"Do you really think this is a good idea?" A young researcher asked. "It might create-"   The young researcher was interrupted.   "I cannot say, Bernard." The person replied. "All I can say is that I hope it works this time around."   "But the experiementations aren't exactly one-hundred percent, Seungwon." Bernard, the young researcher, tried to reason. "The tests were proven to be faulty, and they all had some type of malfunction going on with them."   "And this is why we try and try again, my dear friend." Seungwon said with optimism. "We can only learn from our trials and errors."   "But this-" Bernard swept his arm across the room before him. "It's pure madness! This is our fourth experimentation's subjects! The previous three weren't as successful as you thought them to be and they are still in the work!"   "What's more to already add to the sad world, Bernard?" Seungwon smiled cynically at him. "The world is mundane and the citizens living upon it don't believe in such things. There's only a few handful who do believe in such things."   "Even if so, then what's the point of it being now? Then? The future?" Bernard let out exasperated. "What is the past, is the past, Seungwon. You cannot change it. The past cannot be change; even if done by experimentations, at that, Seungwon. My friend, please, listen to what I am trying to tell you."   The room was filled with utter silence. Neither of them speaking after Bernard's words.   "I know that, Bernard. I know. I truly do." Seungwon let out a tired sigh as he collapsed onto an empty computer chair as he ran a hand through his already messy hair. "But I can't let it go. I can't let her go just yet. She's out there somewhere. Somewhere that I cannot reach her. My Juliana. My sweet, Juliana."   "And here we go again. This Juliana lady who is out there somewhere, lost, confused, a wander with amnesia, bull crap." Bernard let out annoyed, as he returned back to his computer screen. "When are you going to realize that SHE is gone?"   "But she's not, Bernard." Seungwon insisted. "She's not gone. She's still alive. Very much alive, I'd tell you. I can feel it within my bones."   Seungwon abruptly got up from his chair and walked towards Bernard as Bernard turned to face him with a blank face.   "Alright, say she is alive, wandering around where you're unable to trace her, liked you've said. If you did find her, then what?" Bernard asked curiously. "What will you do if you were to meet or even see her again?"   "That..." Seungwon paused. "I..."   He trailed off looking off someone in reminiscence.   "That... what?" Bernard tried to draw out from Seungwon and snapping his fingers to get his friend's attention.   "I don't know." Seungwon replied facing Bernard. "I've tried many scenarios of what it would be like, but none of them are clearly concrete."
Please log in to read the full chapter