Bravery leads to mishaps... or maybe not?

Love at First Act

dedicated to  @Emma1992, since you hate waiting and ur my first sub...XD 

 

 

DOOJOON’S POV

It’s a bit dark now as my classes ended. I headed immediately towards the CUBE building. I’ve got some recording left and a practice since next week will be the release of our new mini album. When I reached the recording room, I saw Junhyung scribbling with a lot of trash papers around him. I guess he’s making another rap lyrics.

“Hey” as I said while I tapped his shoulder then he immediately look up and smiled.

“Oh, hyung! Classes ended late? Hyung, look at this new lyrics.” Then he handed me a piece of papers then read it. “Is it nice?” Then took my time to read it. It was just full of sadness and heartbreaks, twice as the normal of his past lyrics. This guy hasn’t moved on yet from the break-up with Hara!

“Yah! Do you want the listeners to cry while you’re rapping?” as I said when his confused look turned it sad face. I just messed his hair, “But you know what, it’s really nice. But can you make a little less emotional? The song isn’t that sad.”

“Okay, I’ll just rewrite it” and gave me a forced smile and I just shrugged. That’s why I don’t want to involve in relationships. It only affects my concentration and work. I tried dating some actresses, members from girl groups and there were also not from the business but no one last long. I’ve only met them once, twice and the longest was just in our 4th meeting. That’s how busy and troublesome it could be. I remembered when Junhyung and Hara relationship has just made into public, we even received a phone call from an elementary principal and said that the revelation made their students to lose their concentration in study. It’s quite funny but that’s how it could get big. That’s why I try to avoid dating since then. I know well that it isn’t just troublesome but it could also hurt our fans, the B2UTIES, if one of us will be in a relationship. And I just can’t let them get hurt and disappoint them. I just concentrate on my work and my studies. Love can wait.

Then I entered the recording room to record my parts, since the others were already done and practicing now on the practice room. I finished immediately and headed to the practice room.

“Oh, hyung? How’s your day?” Dongwoon greeted me and hugged me, that kid is just too sweet. I noticed everyone busy practicing steps as I enter and plainly greeted me.

“I’m sorry I’m late, classes ended late. Let’s start the practice!” then everyone become attentive and went to their places. We start the routine. Some got mistakes and there were shouts while correcting each other. Well, it’s just normal since in just a week, we need to perfect the choreography. We had a break after 2 hours of practicing. Everyone’s exhausted.

“Whoo!! That was tiring!” said Yoseob. And everyone made their own complains and sit for a while. Then we start sharing what happened for a day.

“Minhee-noona called me today and we’re going out the next day.” Said Kikwang, trying to make us jealous. I just playfully hit his head.

“No dating yet! It’s only a week left before our comeback! Didn’t I just said that before? You’ll lose your focus.” I said with serious face and he just looked at me with his puppy eyes. “When I said no, NO!” as I emphasized no.

“Hyung’s right! No dating for a while.” Hyunseung agreed and Kikwang just looked down then nodded.

“Just tell her right away so she’ll not become angry.” Said Yoseob while Kikwang sadly nodded. Junhyung just tapped his shoulder. I guess he’s the one who could understand Kikwang more. And Kikwang playfully hugged Junhyung and he protested, “Yah! MInhee will be more angry if she’ll knew you’re ignoring her because of me!” Junhyung playfully protested. I guess that’s his way to lessen the heaviness of the aura. Then everyone just laughed. Then everyone started to exchange their funny stories for the day. That’s our way to lessen the tension and the tiredness in us. Then after a 15 minutes break we continued our practice.

Then the practice ended at 5 AM and we went to our dorm. Oh, great! My class is 7 AM. No time to sleep anymore. I just had a nap for about an hour then prepare to school. I don’t wanna get scolded again by that witch. I went to school to early and I’ll try to have a nap again.

 

 

YOUR POV

The following day, another day of classes but my excitement doesn’t even went down a bit. Yeah, I’m going to admit it. I’m excited to see Doojoon again. I still can’t get over with it. I want to know if it was really the guy who just sat and stared at me behind. When I arrived at the classroom, everyone was just chit-chatting then Hana noticed me and waved at me. While walking towards her, I keep on looking for Doojoon but I can’t see him anywhere. I really want to believe that yesterday was just my imagination. Then sit beside Hana and had some conversation then suddenly the Professor came already.

“Good morning, everyone.” Professor Park said with a very serious face then everyone immediately paid attention to her. She starts checking the attendance. When she calls Doojoon’s name and I immediately looked around to look for him but no one answered. Yesterday’s true but he isn’t just around today.

Then Professor Park called again, out of nowhere someone shouted “Ne!!! Yeogiseo!” as if he was really surprised. Then when I turned around, it was him who just raises his head from his table. He just woke up and he really looks tired. He even has black circles on his eyes. That’s when I realized that he isn’t wearing any make-up since I saw him yesterday. How he could be that so handsome and I didn’t even notice that? And he’s just wearing v-neck t-shirt, a jeans and of course a bonette yet I still looks at him as gorgeous as he is on stage. Ow, come on! Who would never thought that a guy is really hot on v-necks? I hate this, I’m fan girling in the middle of the class!!

Then Professor Park scolded him in Korean and he just looks down. I knew he was being scolded because of that expression on him. I asked Hana to translate what Professor Park said and Hana said it exactly the way it was said, “If you’re not late, you’re sleeping in my class. If you can’t concentrate well on your studies, better stop this now. You’re just wasting too much time here.” then she stops. “She’s saying too much, I can’t even translate it better. She’s always doing that to Doojoon.” Then I just slowly nod then looks on him. Then I really feel sad about it. I can feel how hard it is, to work then study. And to fact what kind of work he has, he still works during his free time. I feel so bad for him. I need to at least do something to lessen that bad feeling. Then I gathered my courage and bravely raised my hand and Professor Park noticed it and stopped from the scolding and nodded.

“Professor Park, should we start the class? I might sound selfish but I still have a lot of things to catch up in this class.” while trying to sound cool. Then everyone looked at me to their surprise. They are surprised of hearing me speaks straight-forwardly. I suddenly felt embarrassed and immediately take a sit. I know Professor Park is quite pissed but I guess she realized I got a point and looks straight to the class.

“Well, Maya got a point! Let me start the discussion…” then she continued discussing as I glanced at Doojoon and I caught him staring at me again and I just saw a curious look from me, maybe because of what I did. I immediately looked away and from time to time, I keep on checking on him in the corner of my eye. Sometime, he looks at me, but for the whole time, he really pays attention to what the professor is saying. I suddenly see his perseverance on learning. He really wants to study but there were just conflicts that makes it difficult for him. I really want to help him but I’m also still catching up on the lessons. I want to be his friend but I guess he already has in this class. And why would a Yoon Doojoon be interested to be friends with a foreign girl who doesn’t even speak Korean? I know every non-speakers just hate English. I immediately removed my worries for him since it makes me distracted from the lecture.

 

 

DOOJOON’S POV

As I arrived at the school, there’s nothing much students yet and I tried to take a nap. I didn’t noticed, I actually slept not until someone is elbowing me and whispering something. I tried to ignore him but my senses went back to reality and heard someone calling my name for many times. Oh God, it’s the witch! I immediately raised my head and hand up as I was really surprised.

“Ne!! Yeogiseo!” then she walked towards me. I have the feeling that it’ll be the start of the long scolding that has been eating our time here.

“If you’re not late, you’re sleeping in my class. If you can’t concentrate well on your studies, better stop this now. You’re just wasting too much time here. You’re just disturbing the people who really WANTS to learn here.” and she’s emphasizing the ‘want’. What do you think I’m here for? Am I paying and wasting money and time to sleep here? That’s what been in my head. I’m about to burst as I heard her still talking. I try to calm myself down and keep looking down as she never stops talking. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE STOP THIS WITCH? Then I saw someone raised her hand. Oh no, did I said that out loud? And when I looked who it is, ittt…ss the ‘well-mannered’ girl. What now? Finally, the witch stopped talking and looked at her.

“Professor Park, should we start the class? I might sound selfish but I still have a lot of things to catch up in this class.” then everyone just looked at her with surprise in their faces. I’m also surprised and stared at her. Why did she do that? Did she do it for me? She stopped the witch from scolding me by doing that? Does she know the consequences for that action? But I really want to shout THANK YOU to her right now. My heart quivers a bit but why? Then suddenly I realized I’m smiling despite of being just scolded. Then I noticed she was quite shaking as she sat down.  You’re scared now? But really, thank you! The witch continued to go in front and start the discussion. I noticed that she’s glancing from time to time but I didn’t remove my eyes from her. I’m just curious what’s on this girl’s mind to do that. That’s the first time that someone interrupted the witch from scolding me. What is she trying to make? Oh, trying to impress me? And why would I even think she’s making me interested on her? Huh, I guess you do.

After the discussion, I headed out immediately since I will be having a shooting right away when I heard the witch called the ‘well-mannered’ girl. Oh no, she’ll get scolded. I tried to look back but before I could do that, the witch also called me. We’ll get scolded? Worst happened. As I approached her table, well-mannered girl is already in front of her. I wonder what is she going to say. We’ll both get punished. But why also me? I didn’t do anything. Well, probably I only slept in class but I don’t have nothing to do with pissing you. Then just went in front of her table, we’re again standing side by side just like the first time I saw her on the train. I looked at her, she also has the same confused look. (Oh, why do you have a cute confused face you’re not even a Korean?) Then I looked at the witch then. I noticed again, she’s massaging her ears again. Will you please stop doing that? (My heart flutters!)

 

 

YOUR POV

Then after 2 hours of discussion, she dismissed us. But Professor Park called me.

“Maya, come here.” Then I walked towards her. And as she saw Doojoon going outside the room already, she also called him. Doojoon came back and went to our direction. He’s getting closer, and closer when I suddenly hear my heart beating faster as if my heart is going to explode. What is this meeting all about? Of all the students, why me and why him? He’s just a feet away from me. I try to relax myself by again massaging my ear. Then I start to ask her.

“Professor, what is it that you need to say?” yeah, I’m trying to be just cool. Then she starts to speak as she saw both of us already in front of her table. I tried to glance at Doojoon and his face looks confused also.

“Well, I asked you to stay to give you a project.” She paused shortly and me and Doojoon had the same expression as we heard what she said. Oh yeah, whether you’re a Filipino or a Korean or whatever nationality, I’m sure you hate projects. Then she continues, “I heard that you, Maya, needs to pass a thesis to complete your requirements here, right?” then I just nod and then she looks at Doojoon, “And you, this subject is all you need to pass so you can already graduate, right?” then he nods also.

“I have a better proposal and easier way for you two to complete your requirements.” She paused again. What are those pauses all about? It’s just making us more nervous. Then she continues again, “I had this thought of you, two, to have a joint thesis project. I…” she wasn’t able to finish what she’s saying as we interrupt her with the shocked expression we had. What?!/Mwo?! And we just keep on looking on her with our shocked faces.

“For you, Maya, I already talked about this with the Headmaster and he agreed on it. He even said it was a good idea for you to complete your requirements. And for you, Doojoon, with the consistent low marks on your grade and numerous absences, you’ll not be able to have right credits for you to graduate. I also asked the Headmaster if a thesis work will help and I even did everything to convince him then finally, he agreed on. You should be thanking me. But a joint thesis work would be easy for normal students, that’s why I choose the two you to do it together. She’s a foreign student and you’re a Korean idol here. Well the topic would be, ‘English’s use for unfamiliar surrounding’. It depends on you how you’ll elaborate that and that’s the work you’ll be doing. And I’ll be giving you 3 months for that, I guess that’s right already? Any questions? I guess none, you may go now.” Then she gives a smirk which annoys us both. She didn’t even let us respond if we agreed on it. What’s this? A revenge? We just bowed at her as we leave. Doojoon looks really annoyed as we leave the room and he’s really walking so fast and we’re not able to talk about the project yet. So I come running after him.

 

DOOJOON’S POV

“I had this thought of you, two, to have a joint thesis project. I…” and without making her finished what she says, we have the same expressions. What?!/Mwo?! Ha, so this is how you got your revenge? , it’s worst than getting scolded. Everyone hates projects or let’s say thesis! Our album release is just a week and we have a one month long promotion, we also have our Japan concert and there’s also an Asia tour!!!! How the heck we’re going to do it? I’ll be busy for the rest of the year and she’s giving us three months and that’s just not a simple 3 months, it’s our BUSIEST THREE MONTHS!!! So is this the punishment? I’ll be not be able to graduate on time and she… I mean that ‘well-mannered’ girl is going to be sent back as she fails to meet her requirements and will not be able to graduate also, I guess. I’m about to burst in anger but good thing is I’m good on handling this. I’ll.just.give.up.

I immediately rushed outside out of anger as she dismissed us. I can’t do it. I won’t do it! We’re still on the peak of our careers so graduating isn’t a big deal. I was walking quickly not only because I’m angry but I have also a shooting to catch up when I heard someone I running behind me, calling my name. It’s the ‘well-mannered’ girl. Don’t convince me, I’m not going to do it. No one’s going to make me do it.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

last one for today, going to sleep now... time check: 4:15am, still have class at 1:30 pm:))

and i'm so bad making Junhyung and Hara already broke up here, sorry guys!:) [well, at least in my fantasy he's single! cheers to JUNSEUNG SHIPPERS!!!! XD]