Limited

Limited


“You only have 8 months to live. 8 months, before the cancer spreads to your body.”

JULY

“Aish.” Luhan grunted as his car engine died down in the middle of the street. “Argh!” he growled , kicking the tire in frustration. A light chuckle arose behind him.

“Problems?” the voice asked. He turned around and saw a guy with rainbow hair. Luhan tilted his head, trying to remember where he saw this guy before…

“Oh! You’re EXO’s Sehun, right?” He exclaimed

“Yeah.” Sehun  nodded, ruffling his colorful hair. His hair moved in a straight direction, making Luhan stare at it.

“Wae?” Is there something wrong with my face?” Sehun asked, blushing.

“Ani, your hair is…”

“Colorful?” he laughed.  The two of them stared at the car until Sehun cleared his throat.

“So! Any problems?” he asked in a monotone way, trying to regain his coolness. Luhan  laughed. Hard.

“Wae?!” he whined in a cute childish way

“Please stop acting cool, I doesn’t suit you.” He said. The guy in front of him looks cute even without trying.

“Really? Then what suits me?” he asked casually, leaning to Luhan's car.

“Black hair.” Then the two of them laughed again. Sehun stood straight and bowed, offering Luhan a hand.

“My name is Oh Sehun.” He beamed

“Xi Luhan.” he replied, shaking his hand.

“Pretty name.” he smiled. "Say, it’s pretty crowded here, mind having a bubble tea?” he asked.

“But my car…”

“Will be taken care of.” He said as he grabbed his hand and dragged him away.

 

SEPTEMBER

"Luhan Luhan Luhan!" Sehun shouted, jumping up and down. "We won first place!" 

"Really? Congrats!" Luhan greeted "Jongdae did most of the singing though." he continued.

"He did not!" Sehun argued

"Oh, you're right. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun sang too." Luhan smiled as he watched Sehun's bright smile fade, turning into a pout.

"You're so mean." he said in a childish tone.

"Aww, Wittle Sehunnie is mad?" Luhan cooed, poking Sehun's cheeks. Sehun snickered and started tickling Luhan.

"Yah!" Luhan shouted. Sehun stopped and stared at Luhan's leg. It was a mixture of violet and blue.

"Is that a bruise?" he asked seriously. Luhan nodded and smiled.

"Soccer."

 

OCTOBER

"Just hide the gege." Zitao screeched and ran. Luhan crouched behind EXO's couch in front of the TV, waiting for their great plan. They made him wear a long wig and some extensive foundation making him look like the girl from the Ring.

"Oh Sehun stop pulling me!" their leader Joonmyeon shouted.

"Just watch!" Minseok glared.

"Hyung! You're in this too?"  Joonmyeon fumbled and sat in front of the TV. Sehun tip-toed behind him and held his hand. 

"This is gonna be great!" Sehun whispered excitedly. Luhan was flustered. It was really rare to see Sehun smile on camera, much less seeing him get excited. Luhan could only smile back. He looked at Sehun in dim light, his hair was still colorful but it looked perfect, as always.

"Zitao! Turn it off, turn it off!" Joonmyeon shouted.

"It's only a movie!" Tao whined, refusing to turn it off. 

"Unless it's true..." Jongdae whispered "Look!" he shouted and pointed at the hiding Luhan. He stood up and said: 

"Boo." 

The members stare at him. Three...two...one...and they all ran away, screaming, leaving Jongdae, Tao and Sehun laughing while the poor little deer stood there like an idiot.

 

"Yah, where did you get this bruise?" Sehun asked as he walked Luhan home. Luhan looked at his arm and felt his nerves moving. It's getting worse, and apparently, more visible. 

"Make-up?" he smiled but Sehun only stared at him. Sehun held Luhan's arm and pressed it lightly. Luhan cried out in pain. Shocked Sehun's eyes widened, wider than Kyungsoo's and quickly hugged Luhan.

"Mianhe! I didn't mean it! Well I did but--" he blabbered "I just wanted to know..." 

"I don't know too, I'm too clumsy." Luhan replied, trying to comfort Sehun

"Were you playing soccer again?" Sehun asked, looking a Luhan suspiciously. Luhan blinked and nodded absently.

"Aish, take care of yourself, will you? I don't want to see you hurt again."

 

NOVEMBER : 20 

"Amusement Park?" Luhan said soullessly.

"Ne! I snuck out. Let's go!" Sehun giggled, dragging Luhan towards the 30 feet rollercoaster.

"No way, Sehun. No way." Luhan said firmly

"Wae?! It's fun!" Sehun nudged. Luhan gulped and stared at it as they entered.

After the ten minute ride, which seemed like forever, the two went out and Sehun started jumping in excitement.

 "Look! A wishing tree!" Sehun shouted like a kid, pointing at a hallow tree filled with papers.

"Let's wish~" he purred and ran to it, Luhan following beside him. Sehun already wrote something on the paper and placed it on the tree. He looked at Luhan with sparkling eyes and said, "You can only wish one so make it count." 

"What did you wish?" Luhan asked, writing his name on a paper.

Sehun smiled warmly and held Luhan's hand. "That we'd be together, forever."

 Luhan's eyes teared as he wrote his wish. 

 

"I wish he'll be able to move on."

 

NOVEMBER: 28

"I don't want this anymore." 

Sehun stared at him weirdly and drank Luhan's bubble tea. "It tastes good to me." 

"I mean...this. All these." Luhan mumbled.

"What?" Sehun gawked, not believing what he just heard.

"I'm breaking up with you." Luhan said firmly and ran away before Sehun could answer. Sehun couldn't move, he was too stunned but he managed to run after him. He ran as fast as he could and blocked Luhan's path.

"W-Why?" Sehun panted, grabbing Luhan's shoulders. Luhan shrieked in pain. Sehun squinted and rolled up Luhan's sleeves. His arms were full of bruises. He rolled up Luhan's jogging pants, full of bruises. 

"What happened to you?!" Sehun shouted. He didn't care about breaking up at that moment. All he cared about Luhan's condition. Sehun waited for his answer but Luhan only bit his lip. "It's nothing." 

"Stop lying to me!" Sehun shouted, louder this time, not caring about the people stealing glances at them. "W-Why can't you trust me on this?!" he continued. "You said you love me. Why are you running away from me?" 

"I'm sick, Sehun. Tell me. Can you love a person who will leave you at the end?" Luhan said, facing him, tears falling from his eyes.

"Sick? Why would you leave? You won't leave me, right?" Sehun whimpered. His mind isn’t working properly. He wanted someone to jump out and say this was all a big prank.

"I only have...two months, at most, to live. Leave me now and start again." Luhan said, forcing a smile as he walked away.

 

NOVEMBER: 30

Sehun hadn't slept for two days now. He missed practices and he doesn't even talk to the members, all he did was stare at nothing.

"That's it. Sehun, what's your problem?" Minseok said and sat next to the youngest member on the doorway.

"He's dying." Sehun muttered.

"Who?" Minseok gasped, looking at the emotionless Sehun.

"L-Luhan." Sehun told Minseok everything he knew, well everything he thought he knew. 

"Pabo! Then why are you still here?!" Minseok shouted, flicking Sehun's forehead.

Sehun let out a dry chuckle. "He...doesn't want me there."  Minseok stood up abruptly and kicked Sehun.

 

"He didn't like you before, did that ever stop you?"

 

DECEMBER

"Um excuse me, where is Luhan Xi's room?" Sehun asked at the counter. 

Sehun entered the room and saw Luhan in a lab gown. His whole body was bruised and his face was so pale. His lips were violet and the dark circles around his eyes had worsened. Luhan turned his head and saw Sehun enter the room. His eyes sparkled like before.

"Sehun." he gasped.

"How are you?" Sehun asked, sitting beside him.

"Good as always." 

"As always? You were never well. You owe me this much." Sehun said in a straight face. Luhan sighed.

"Occasional pain but I'm fine." Luhan looked down. "A-Are you mad? " he asked, struggling to move his hand. He moved it and held Sehun's hand. He squeezed it with all his might but it felt nothing.

"I...tried, Sehun. No operations worked." Luhan said, facing Sehun. Sehun teared up. It was his first time crying since...more than 6 years? 

"You should've told me." Sehun sniffled. 

"Tell you? So you could try to cure something that wasn't cure-able?" Luhan argued."I-I'm scared too. I really tried." 

Sehun's heart sunk. He needed Luhan as much as Luhan needs him. He'll never let him die. Sehun stood up and pulled Luhan to a hug. 

"I won't let you die." he muttered and kissed Luhan's forehead. Luhan wanted to hope, but he knew it was temporary. He wanted Sehun to move on, now.

 

Weeks passed and Luhan got worse. He was puking blood and his body withered. Sehun can only cry alone, he doesn't want Luhan to see him give up. He needs to believe Luhan will recover. 

"Sehun. We've had enough. We gave you time. What we ask is very simple. Just one concert and go back here. We're being very lenient to you." the CEO told him. It was true. Sehun stopped appearing to the public. All he did was stay beside Luhan. He bailed every concert but now, he needs to go. It was in U.S. two days flight, he'll go back immediately, he promised himself.

"You should go." Luhan smiled

"No, what if you---"

"Die?" Luhan laughed dryly. "You said I won't. I trust you." 

 

DECEMBER: 15

"Luhan?" Sehun asked sleepily. He'll be going back tomorrow. It was 3am in the U.S. when Luhan called.

"Hi." Luhan greeted. "Sorry for waking you up." Sehun sat up to hear Luhan clearer. 

"Do you need anything? Are you okay?" Sehun asked, looking at his calendar.

"Yeah...I just wanted to tell you... I love you, okay? Don't forget that." Luhan said and hung up.

 

DECEMBER: 18

 "Where's Luhan?" Sehun asked.

"There's no Luhan here." the nurse replied.

"A week ago there was a Luhan confined at this very room!" Sehun shouted. No, he's not dead, he thought. His room number was just changed, he kept reminding himself. He needed to be calm, for now at least.

"Oh. He's...there." the nurse replied, pointing at the bed with a covered cloth.

"No....no..." Sehun muttered as he walked towards that bed. His feet felt heavy, he wanted to collapse. It's a nightmare, he convinced himself. With shaking hands, he removed the cloth revealing Luhan's pale face.

"No!" he screeched. The members crowded around Sehun, calming him down. "No! Let go of me!" he bawled, pushing Jongdae and Yi Fan out of the way. 

"Luhan! I'm here! Wake up!" he shouted. He cried out loud, his knees felt like jelly, it failed him. 

"No...Luhan...'he cried, slumped on the floor. "You promised."

 

"Sehun...Luhan wanted to give this to you." the doctor said, handing him a piece of paper. "I'm really sorry."

 

"Sehunnie! I told you before, right? I love you.

and if you really love me, you'll move on. This is not your fault.

Please start again, find someone who'll make you happier. 

Thank you. For making me a happy, even in a short period of time.

I love you, so much that I want you to move on."