His Girlfriend

His Girlfriend

It’s Valentines Day! I know right, what’s there to be happy about? It’s not like I’m going to celebrate it with HIM. It’s not like HE is my valentine.

So here I am, walking my way to the corridor of our school. I noticed that everyone was wearing their blissful smiles. Their boyfriends must have surprised them.

Then a thought came into my mind… What would he be doing today? I bet he would be preparing for his girlfriend. Maybe he’ll give her roses, chocolates, or a teddy. Aish! Why wouldn’t I get over him!

“Yah! He’s so cute!” I squealed as I saw he walked by.

“Hyun Seung?”

“Yeah,”

“Didn’t you know? He finally had a girlfriend.”

I don’t want to believe it at first. But what proof do I have just to say that he’s not going to have a girlfriend? I mean, there are a lot of pretty girls out there! And one of them, possibly made him fall.

At first, I was so hopeful that he would actually recognize me.

I was asked by my teacher to get something from the dean’s office. So I went there and I was assisted by a Student Assistant. I knew he was also a Student Assistant in this office so I was actually searching for him.

And POOF! He actually showed up!

“Hey, what is it?” he asked the Student Assistant that was assisting me.

“Mrs. Cho told her to get the Grading Sheet.”

“I’ll get it.” He said.

“Can you come back after ten minutes?”

That was the official start of my hope. Frankly saying, I was thinking that he volunteered to help because he actually likes me. That’s how my hopes were so high.

When I came back, the Student Assistant quickly recognized me so he went to get what I needed. But HE showed up again

“Come on, I’ll give it to her.” He said.

And when he was handing it to me, he was looking directly into my eyes that made me totally out of my mind. I was left with nothing to d but to leave the room without saying my gratitude.

I got lost in my track of memories when I came to bump into a group of girls. When they saw my face, their eyes went wide and were followed by a sly smile.

“She’s so lucky!”

“Yeah, he’s so sweet!”

I ignored them since maybe it wasn’t me they were talking about. I was about to head upstairs when I herd a familiar song. It was BEAST’s “I Like You The Best.”

A smile immediately appeared on my lips. I quickly went to the Multi-Purpose Hall of our school. And there I saw HIM.

This song is just for you,

Yeah, you know this is,

Ha-ha drop this,

I was totally dazed when I heard him say those lines. I was wishing that someone would sing this for me! He started singing the Korean lines and that made me laugh.

He was trying so hard to sing it and even dance it! He looks so cute!

But something made me stop. He’s doing this for his GIRLFRIEND. The idea made me really sad. I slowly my back and walked away.

“YAH!”

I heard him shout form the microphone. Maybe his girlfriend laughed at him and he was embarrassed. I continued walking away anyway.

“YAH! STOP RIGHT THERE!”

Those made me stop. I know I may have my hopes up but… why do I feel like it’s for me?

“I… I prepared this for so long! I studied singing this Korean song even though I sound stupid! I tried to dance even though I look stupid! And you’re just going to walk away?!”

My eyes widened in surprise. I slowly my back to see that all of the people were looking at me with their sly smiles. I looked up to see HIM pointing at me.

“Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce my girlfriend.”

Then everyone clapped their hand and shout, “SO SWEET!”

I was still in my state of shock until I just saw him walking to my direction with a smile. I felt my heart pumping rapidly against my chest. Then I just saw him in front of me already.

I shook my head in disbelief, “You’re… impossible…”

He smiled at me with a puzzled expression. “What…?”

“YOU!” I pointed at him. “You have a girlfriend and… you’re… you’re trying to flirt with me?!”

“WHOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!”

The crowd said in unison. He started to laugh in front of me.

“Yah!”

“Everyone!” He said in a serious face. “Last month, I announced that I have a girlfriend already.” He stared at me for a second. “I am going to rephrase it.”

“This girl, beside me,” he held my hand. “Is the girl that will only be my GIRLFRIEND.”