Ken is Coming!

Birthday Present: A Rented Girlfriend!

Because of my hectic schedule tommorow, I will update again

two chapters for today! 

and I'm listening to Girl's Day Expectation for the whole updating process

I don't even know the connection of the song to my story but let's just say the "Ooh Ooh Ooh, Ooh Ooh Ooh, Ooh Ooh, Ooh Ooh" part makes me happy *hahahahaha*

 

He was standing in front of his office. The cafe with an ordinary sign, but if you looked closely, there would be a red word "KEN". 

He smiled, and entered the building. 

"Hey there,"  greeted a man, who was the barrista. The man earlier was smiling to him, "is the boss here?"

"Yeah, she's been expecting you."

"Thank you, Min Seok hyung."  He entered the door that had the sign "Authorized one allowed,"  and walked downstair. He knocked the door, and smiled to the lady behind the work desk.

"There you are. I have a new job for you."

"I just got back from my previous job. Don't you think I need a rest? Beside, you have lots of other Kens to work."

"They specifically want you."

"You gave them my picture even though I hadn't gone back."

"You would come back, sooner or later. They have paid so high for you. The money has been transfered to your account. Don't worry."

"Thank you. And what is my next job?"

"To become the boyfriend of a rich girl. Apparently, one of the barbies is with the family too, posing as the son's girlfriend."  He frowned. 

"Can't they search their own partners?"

"They need partners as soon as possible. They have an important thing for next three months."

"Well, I have received the money. I have to work then."

"Thank you, Kai. Here's the address."

 

"MOM! DAD!"

"CHAN YEOL-AH! HOW'S OUR PRESENT?"  

"TERRIBLE! I DON'T LIKE IT!"

"Oh, come on. She's a doll! Can't you see her cuteness?" 

"DAD!"

"HONEY! SINCE WHEN YOU BECAME SO ERTED?"

"I'M NOT A ERT. I JUST SAY THE TRUTH HERE. SULLI, are you there?"  Chan Yeol used the speaker mode for calling his parents. 

"Yes, I'm here, Sir!"  Jin Ri was shouting.

"Good. Hey honey, she has arrived. She is really beautiful, Chan Yeol-ah. You probably can't find a beautiful girl like her yourself."  Chan Yeol rolled his eyes. Why did his own father doubt his skill at getting girls? Okay, he had been rejected, but that didn't mean there were not a lot of girls. With his face, height, and voice, not to mention his family background, the queue line was settled. 

"Thank you for helping me finding this beautiful girl. Now make her gone."

"Can't do. We will not get payment back even if we return her."

"What?"

"Channie, please. We have spent a lot of money for her....I mean her and you. You will not waste it, right?"

"But--"

"And think of Da Hee, and her horrible things. She is better than that, right?"  Yes, but still....

"Just be friends with her. Don't get so disturbed by her. Sulli, you will not disturb Chan Yeol at all, right?"

"Yes Sir! I will be beside him when he needs a girlfriend! Other than that, I will not even appear in front of him."  Chan Yeol really got confused. This girl was smiling for all the time. She was happy with this situation. She is weird, he thought. Beyond any weirdness that he had seen before. 

"There. Hey, your partner, Sulli--"

"Chan Yeol is here, Sir."

"No, I mean another doll. I and my wife have ordered another doll." 

"WHAT? HOW MANY GIRLFRIENDS ARE YOU PREPARING FOR ME? YOU WANT PEOPLE LOOK ME AS A PLAYBOY?"

"Don't get too happy there, Yeol-ah. It's for your sister."

"Last time I check,"  Ha Ni was talking, taking over the conversation, "I'm not a lesbian, and I haven't confessed to you all even if I were."

"Doll here is--" Someone was knocking the door. Ha Ni asked her father to stop talking, while the grumpy ahjumma was walking to the door. 

"Yes?"

"Hi! I'm from Ken House Club. I'm here for--"

"Park Ha Ni? Come in. I have seen kind like you earlier."  Hey! This ahjumma is surely a rude one, this man thought. He entered the house and saw some young people were there, staring to him. 

"KAI! WHY ARE YOU HERE?"  Jin Ri shouted again. Chan Yeol, who was beside her, was covering his ear. God! This girl is so annoying!

Jin Ri was running to that man she called Kai and hugged him. 

"Wow, it looks like your fake girlfriend has a real boyfriend."  said Ha Ni with mocking tone. Chan Yeol rolled his eyes to his older sister. 

"Kai? Did I just hear Kai?"  Now on the phone, their mother's voice was heard. 

"Yeah, Kai. That Sulli girl was just calling the man Kai."

"HI THERE KAI! IT'S ME! YOUR CLIENT!" 

"MOM!"  Both of the siblings were covering their ears. Their mother was shouting so loud. 

 

"Hey, what are you doing here?"  asked Jin Ri. The man smirked. 

"Work. You too?"

"Yeah."

"HI THERE KAI! IT'S ME! YOUR CLIENT!"  

"Oops, you've been called. You should go there."

"Okay."  Then the guy named Kai was walking, getting closer to the phone, "hello there, Mrs. Park."

"Hi there! Ha Ni, he is your Ken."

"EXCUSE ME?"  Ha Ni was shouting. Chan Yeol's face turned into victory and happiness face. Ha Ni hit her brother with her bare hand on his head. 

"Hey! That hurts!"

"Don't you dare to show that face again! MOM! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I HAVE A....KEN?"

"Yeah! Barbie and Ken! They are the dolls that your father has mentioned! They are all there! Oh My God, if your wicked grandmother wasn't calling us to go to your uncle's house earlier maybe we can see them now."

"Stop calling my mother a wicked one."

"That's the truth."

"SHE IS MY MOTHER, YOU !"

"HEY! YOU DARE TO CALL ME--"

"MOM! DAD! A LITTLE EXPLANATION HERE!"  Ha Ni shouted again. 

"Oh yeah. Your grandmother has demanded you too, to have a boyfriend. She even wants to paired you with Song Ji Ho."  Ha Ni made a "want-to-vomit" expression. She knew that guy, and he....we can say the female version of Jung Da Hee. 

"Mom, really?"

"Yeah, she thought you are too old not to have a boyfriend at all. You know how horrible she is...and don't stare at me like that or I will hit you!...and she thinks that Ji Ho-sshi is compatible to you. So we want to save you with the same way as Chan Yeol's. Hey there Kai! Please explain your rules, okay? And Ha Ni, please be nice to him. Hey, your grandmother is here. Gotta go! Bye!"

"MOM!"  Both of the siblings were shouting again. Then they were staring to each other, and then facing the two dolls there. 

"Hi there."

"You must be Park Ha Ni. Hello, my name is Kim Jong In, but you can call me Kai."

"That must be the same stage-name-things with Sulli,"  said Chan Yeol while pointing his index finger to Sulli, who was smiling again. She is sooooo weird, he thought. 

"Yes. All of us have to have a stage name, so that less people know our name."

"What is the meaning?"

"Not important. Let's just say our stage name is for making you guys, our clients, are easier to call us."

"Okay,"  Ha Ni talked, "and my mother hire you to become my fake boyfriend?"  Jong In nodded. Chan Yeol, suddenly, shook his hand with Jong In, "welcome here, my fake brother-in-law wannabe."  Then he sticked his tounge out to his sister. Ha Ni stepped on his foot, hardly. 

"Ouch! Noona!"

"Don't ever mock me!"

"But you were the first said that to me!"

"Don't be a copycat, then!" 

"Sorry..."  

"Ah, yes?" 

"Here is my letter of rules. Since your mother has said the content of this letter, I think you just should read this, Park Ha Ni-sshi."  He handed out the letter, same with Jin Ri earlier. Ha Ni read the content. 

"Wait, I can kiss you?"

"Yes, and I can too, if you ask."

"Why? I mean, Sulli there--"

"Boys' attitude is bolder than girls. That is why I-kiss-you act is allowed. I mean, if only you are asking. Then about you can kiss me, that is my new rule. Sometimes many clients ask me to be so hopelessly and unable to do anything because I am crazy about them, so I add it so that they can show who is the ruler there."

"Wow."  Chan Yeol could only said that. His lips must have been harrased much, Ha Ni thought.

"Miss, Master, where should I bring their luggages?" the ahjumma was asking, while bringing two lugagges and one bag.

"Maybe, the guest room? I guess until my parents are coming, you two can stay there."  Ha Ni talked, "and by the way, do you two know each other well?"

"We were grown up together, at least. We have same age."

 

"Chan Yeol!"

"Dad!"

"Hi there! A tired day, doesn't it?"

"Sulli there. Please, explain more!"

"What do you need again? She will pose as your girlfriend!"

"Yeah! But you can't decide without my permission!"

"What? Do you have a girlfriend? That is no good. No refund, they say."

"Dad! No! I'm still single! Is money the only thing that you and mom have thought?"

"We have spent so much on both of them. Just play along, eh? I mean, she is professional. And she will not bother you a lot."

 

On the other side of the house.....

"Ha Ni!"

"Mom!"

"How's your feeling?"

"Mom! How could you find a yummy guy like that?"

"See? I told your father you will like him!"

"Yes, Oh My God! That...those....oh...."

"I know, I know. I like him too. You know what I feel when I see a dark-skinned guy."

"Yeah, that is the genetic personality you gave to me! Mom! He is so hot!"

"Calm down, dear. He is not your real boyfriend."

"Still, I can ask him to kiss me or I can kiss him! Thank you, Mom!"

 

On another side of the house.....

"Hey, don't you just finish your job?"

"Yes. But Mrs. Y asked me to go back to the agency. Then I got this job. She did mention about another doll, a barbie, but I don't think it's you."

"Who do you think? Soo Jung?"

"Yeah. She hasn't gotten any job, right?"

"She has a job now. You have left us for a long time, Jong In."

"Lu Han hyung never said anything about her getting job. He used to tell me who got the job and who hasn't."

"Then he forgot....hey! He got job first, later Soo Jung."

"Really? Wow, I was indeed lost for a long time."

"Su Yeon unnie has gone to Canada."

"What?"

"Yeah, she got a job there. I don't know what kind of job. Soo Jung is quite envious."

"Of course. They are siblings. They have this sense of competititon. She's so lucky! I guess I have to improve my English then."

"You should. Lots of foreigner like you."

"How do you know?"

"Min Seok oppa said to me."

 

On the kitchen....

"This is so tiring." 

 

I know....Kai....hahahaha....but I think he fits the role of being Ken, right?

Don't worry, the main couple here is Chanlli. He and his sister is just a side story. 

Thank you for reading!