Final

Our Babies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I am totally overwhelmed with all your supports.

Thanks to those who subscribe and all the commenters are deeply appreciated.

Whatever it is, I hope you enjoy the story.

.................................................................

 

 

 

In the garden of a luxurious-looking bungalow located at the outskirt of Seoul metropolis, sat a young man on a double-seated swing near the house swimming pool. The lone being leaned against the seat, allowing his aching spine to rest fully on the fluffy pillows lined on the backrest of the swing. He took a deep breath, relishing the clean air that carried the faint scent of fresh grass from the distance.

The young man, Cho Kyuhyun, the youngest member of Super Junior was widely known for his voice from heaven that could mesmerize anyone who heard it regardless of age from the infants to the elders, even when they only heard it for a split second. There was no doubt that no one could escape the spell of his honey voice, like how the sailors on the sea were hypnotized by the sirens. His voice was like a drug which would make you crave after it more and more. Added with his meekness and warm appearance, it was not a surprise he got so much love from his fans and admirers from both genders, ladies and men. That was the maknae of Super Junior.

With a small smile etched on his plump lips, Kyuhyun sat cross-legged with a baby blue colored pillow on his lap. The twenty-five years old singer was reading a magazine which mainly filled with facts and tips for the expectant while occasionally taking a look at his half husband who was swimming alone in the blue tiled pool not far from him. Pregnancy magazine? His husband?

Yes, Cho Kyuhyun or we should now call him Shim Kyuhyun was married with Shim Changmin, his own best friend a.k.a partner in crime since forever, the one who was born in the same month and year as him, and also the youngest member of a boy band from the same agency as his, that was also famous just like Super Junior, a boy band called DongBangShinKi, the legendary group of five who started the hallyu wave on the globe alongside Super Junior.

After having a secret relationship for about five years without letting anyone knows, they made up their mind to take a drastic action to further their relationship towards a higher level. They shook the whole globe with their risky confession during SMTown concert in Seoul when they revealed their unexpected relationship to the public for the first time. Needless to say, everyone was left dumbstruck by the sudden news, except their parents who were already informed earlier when they just built their relationship in 2007 (and the seniors decided to close their mouth from saying anything about it to anyone just in case). Even their own group members did not have any idea about it. They hid their secret really well.

Not enough with that, the overly brave maknae on top, Changmin made another shocking action when he openly proposed Kyuhyun to be his legitimate wife/husband on the stage, in front of all SME artists, staffs and thousands of audiences from around the world. Even Kyuhyun, his older-by-fifteen-days boyfriend was left speechless with his sudden act.

Kyuhyun eyed his husband who was floating around on the water surface in the pool designed by two of his university friends who were majoring in architecture and interior design back then before he graduate from Kyunghee University. The whole house and lawn were one hundred percent handled by those guys. They were Kyuhyun’s good friends who he really trusted, so he and Changmin decided to just let them take over all the works on designing their house. They were the best students in their major in Kyunghee anyway. They made the best decision ever – just look at the masterpiece. The maknae couple would not leave this house, for sure.

He looked carefully at his husband’s perfect figure. The water made his favorite chocolate abs of his mate glossy, making him gulped unconsciously. The brunette hair of Changmin was dangling and sticking to his forehead. The pair of dark orbs mismatched when he flashed a dazzling smile after Kyuhyun was caught staring at him. Kyuhyun quickly averted his sight towards the magazine on his lap before anything could happen - obviously. Pink blushes made their way to his apple cheeks in embarrassment. He peeked at his husband through his lashes after a few seconds and saw how the younger let out a short chuckle of amusement before swam away towards the other end of the pool. He wondered how on Earth he managed to own the perfect creature. Suddenly, he remembered it. The way they got together, officially becoming one.

 

 

Flashback…

 

“Ahem ahem. Excuse me, can I have all of your attentions for a while?” Changmin cleared his throat after all SME idols bowed to the audiences for the concert closing ceremony. All pairs of eyes were on Changmin in a blink of eye. Swallowing his saliva, Changmin nervously stepped forward with a timid looking Kyuhyun close by his side. Kyuhyun was trying to hide his body behind his taller figure. A small smile bloomed on his face seeing his soon-to-be-spouse cute attitude. Shaking his head, Changmin pulled Kyuhyun to his side and circled his left arm along Kyuhyun’s smaller shoulder.

The whole stadium occupants were in silent, waiting for the powerful-voiced singer to speak. The background music had already been stopped minutes ago. Soft murmurs could be heard once in a while. On the stage, the idols besides Changmin and Kyuhyun were exchanging curious glances with each other. They were wondering what the DBSJ’s maknaes were up to but still, they decided to wait and see.

Changmin took a peek towards the face of love of his life, noting how his cheeks were tinted with rosy color. He unconsciously let out a soft giggle and grabbed the shorter man’s palm into his. Kyuhyun looked up just to see an encouraging look from Changmin. Feeling a little bit better than before, he squeezed Changmin’s bigger and rougher palm softly and changed his sight back towards the sea of colors in front of them. Taking that as a signal to continue his speech, Changmin took a deep breath before bringing the microphone in his hand towards his mouth.

“Kyuhyun and I have an important announcement to make. For your information, we are in a relationship.”

Shock gasps and murmurs can be heard throughout the stadium. Both of them took that moment to study the looks on their friends’ faces. They spun around and were welcomed by various shock expressions of the idols. All of their eyes were wide and some of them had their jaws fell to the floor. Mostly were their hyungdeul from Super Junior and not to forget Yunho. Kyuhyun smiled, amused by the view in front of his eyes. He then looked up into Changmin’s eyes lovingly with a soft smile, indicating his boyfriend to go on. They spun back to the front.

“So, I hope you guys can accept it. We have been in this relationship for about more than six years. I really hope for all your blessing.”

After a moment of silent which was like forever in the couple’s opinion, clapping sound started to form. The ChangKyu shippers within the audiences were ecstatic with the announcement. The couple got a standing ovation for their braveness to admit their relationship in front of the public. All the fans, even not from their groups’ fandom also stood up for Changmin and Kyuhyun. They really deserved all their respects.

Heaving a sigh, Kyuhyun moved closer towards Changmin’s bigger frame. He wrapped his right arm around Changmin’s waist while his left palm was placed on the man’s chest, right above the latter’s beating heart. Placing his head on Changmin’s shoulder, he blinked his eyes repeatedly. They started to well due relief. Suddenly…

“Wait, I’m not done yet. I have one more confession to make.” Changmin said with an unobvious smirk etched on the side of his lips. Kyuhyun looked up at Changmin through his blurry eyes with a huge question mark on his face. Changmin just gave him a grin.

Changmin separated his body from Kyuhyun and stepped back a few steps from the older. He fished for something in his pocket. After finding the object, he looked into Kyuhyun’s doe eyes while kneeling in front of him. Feeling totally awkward in his position, Kyuhyun fidgeted on his place and mumbled incoherently to himself while looking around at the people nervously. He eyed Changmin pleadingly, wanting some explanation and help.

Realizing the situation, the female SME idols, staffs and audiences started to squeal and giggle. There were some people who had their eyes full with disappointment and sorrow. They were those who had a crush on either Kyuhyun or Changmin. There was sadness auras for a while around them before they were replaced by bless. Those guys understood and ready to let their feeling dissipate from their heart. That was for the best for all of them.

Kyuhyun on the other was too dumbfounded to do anything. He just stood there like a log, staring at his boyfriend until Changmin’s voice was heard making him flinching slightly in shock.

“Cho Kyuhyun, I know that I am not perfect for you and I know that there is someone who is better for you out there. But I don’t want to lose you since you are too perfect to let go in my eyes. You are the first person who accept me without any condition. The one who loves me not because of my looks, my wealth or my origin. The only one who understand me. You loves me sincerely for who I am. I love you so much Cho Kyuhyun, more than my own life. I want to make you mine forever. So, I want to ask you something.”

Changmin revealed a small black velvet box containing a platinum ring with a purplish jewel on its top.

“Will you accept me, an ordinary guy to be your forever companion, your husband? Cho Kyuhyun, will you marry me?”

While the whole stadium awing at the romantic and touching proposal, Kyuhyun just stared at the ring in Changmin’s palm. He was too happy even to blink his eyes. Crystal clear droplets trickled down from his eyes that were welling earlier.

“SAY YES! SAY YES! SAY YES!” the people inside the stadium shouted happily towards Kyuhyun including their hyungs.

Kyuhyun walked closer to the kneeling Changmin and took the box from his now-sweaty palm.

“Of course I want Shim Changmin. Yes, I will marry you.”

Changmin beamed towards Kyuhyun and trapped him in a tight embrace. Tears also trickled down his cheeks in thankfulness. He then cupped Kyuhyun’s small face with his big palms and planted a kiss on that plump lips of Kyuhyun that everyone dreamed to taste.

“I love you, Shim Kyuhyun.” He said after they pulled away. Kyuhyun’s cheeks got rosier than before. Embarrassed by the open display of affection, the older by a few days maknae drowned his face in the crook of Changmin’s neck.

“I love you too.” Kyuhyun whispered quietly, just enough for Changmin to hear. A smile bloomed on Changmin’s face again. It was the happiest smile anyone had ever witnessed on his face. Changmin felt his life was very blessed right at that time.

The crowd celebrated the happy couple with more clapping and squealing while the Super Junior members and Yunho tackled the maknaes down onto the floor with overflowing happiness. Their smiles could not get wider.

’2012.11.10’

That was the date where the sapphire blue ocean and red ocean united and became the beautiful sparkling lights accompanying the nuptial knot of two shining stars.

 

End of flashback…

 

 

Kyuhyun smiled as he recalled that moment. He stared at the wedding ring on his left ring finger. ‘I cannot believe it has been almost a year’ Kyuhyun thought.

A small giggle escaped as he remembered the problems they got into with the company representatives the day after Changmin’s proposal. They got themselves into the hot water. They were lucky that the SME president, Lee Soo Man was good enough to let them marry since there was no objection about it. So, they got married after two months when both of them were twenty-four year-old.

He put down the pregnancy magazine on the table beside the swing and took a sip on the grape juice his husband had prepared for him. Since he was pregnant with his first child, Kyuhyun could not consume any wine. To reduce his spouse’s craving for his favorite beverage, Changmin took an initiative by preparing grape juice for Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun could not be more thankful towards his husband.

He caressed the small baby bump that started to appear on his tummy softly while singing a lullaby to it. He was entering his second trimester of pregnancy and it went well so far. He and Changmin went to the doctor earlier and it was confirmed that they would welcome a baby boy soon. Changmin was very happy with the new news since he really wanted a son.

 

Changmin caught the sight of his pregnant spouse the baby bump lovingly. The said male was singing to their unborn baby so softly. His pale skin was illuminated by the evening sun, making him glowing. His melodic voice went well with his appearance giving an impression of an angel. He was really thankful to god for allowing him to have Kyuhyun as his lifelong mate.

Thinking that the view in front of him was too valuable to watch from afar, he made his way out of the swimming pool. He wiped his wet body using a towel and changed into a t-shirt and sweatpants before walking towards the swing where Kyuhyun was sitting. Still oblivious with his husband’s presence, Kyuhyun continued singing the lullaby with his angelic voice.

“You had a beautiful voice baby. Like always.”

Kyuhyun turned his head towards the voice he knew so well and saw Changmin walked towards him. He just smiled sweetly at the tall figure and stretched his right hand for Changmin to take. Changmin took Kyuhyun’s hand and pulled him up from the swing. Kyuhyun who seemed could not understand his husband action just stood and watched as the latter sat on the swing with his back leaned against the right armrest of the swing. Kyuhyun then understood Changmin when he patted the space between his legs to him. Slowly, Kyuhyun sat with his back on Changmin’s board chest. They cuddled on that swing while Changmin’s hand circling around Kyuhyun’s waist and his thumb rubbing the back of Kyuhyun’s hand.

“Feel anything different today baby? Any pain? Weird feeling?” Changmin asked the daily questions at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun just shook his head weakly. Changmin tightened his embrace around Kyuhyun’s body and kissed his nape.

“We can get through this baby. Until our son is born, we will fight together. Okay?” Changmin reassured Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun nodded his head with a soft smile without a word.

“Changminnie.”

“Yes baby?”

“Please remember that I will always love you and our child. Forever.”

Changmin kissed Kyuhyun over and over again. He really loved his husband.

“Me too. I love you Shim Kyuhyun. More than anything. And I know that you will be okay. Don’t worry okay.” Kyuhyun just nodded at that statement

.............

“Minnie, can I ask something?” the older maknae suddenly asked.

“What is it?”

Kyuhyun raised his left ring finger where his wedding ring was located.

“Why purple? I mean the diamond on this ring.”

Changmin smiled and nuzzled his nose into Kyuhyun’s slightly long dark locks, smelling his favorite sweet apple scent.

“Oh, I just thought that the color suited you. But, there was another reason behind it.” Changmin stated teasingly.

Kyuhyun turned to look at Changmin curiously. Changmin on the other hand could not help but to smile at his spouse’s cuteness. Those pair of big dark brown pupils that were staring curiously at him made him automatically gave a peck on the slightly older maknae’s forehead.

‘Gosh, I cannot help but to love you with all my heart.’

“Nothing actually. It just that purple is the color that form when red and blue are mixed together. Our groups’ official colors.” Changmin explained with an I-know-that-I-am-a-genius look on his face.

An ‘o’ formed on Kyuhyun’s lips. Satisfied with his husband’s answer, Kyuhyun turned around and leaned his back against Changmin’s body. They stayed there in silent for a few moments, just enjoying each other presence when suddenly Changmin remembered something.

“Kyu, what do you say if we hold a family dinner tomorrow?”

 

..............................

 

The next day, afternoon…

 

Changmin walked with Ryeowook in a supermarket, buying the groceries needed for tonight’s dinner. Kyuhyun had asked for his Wookie hyung’s help yesterday when Changmin said that he wanted to hold a family dinner to celebrate Kyuhyun entering his second trimester

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter