03

False Hope

Jieun's POV

3 years ago

“Jieun-ah!”

“Hannie!”

We held hands as we walked out from the school gate. We were looking at each other. Smiling to each other shyly. We walked into Luhan’s favourite café. The waiters and baristas greeted us warmly. They were familiar with us. The café was basically our hangout.

“Awww, our sweet lovebirds are back. So, what do you guys feel like having today?” Hyoyeon unnie greeted us with her usual pretty smile.

“One caramel macchiato for me. And a chocolate cheesecake, please. What do you want, baby?”

“I want a caffe latte, unnie.”

“In a minute.” Hyoyeon unnie went to the coffee counter to make her delicious coffees. Well, she’s a world champion barista by the way.

After finishing our coffees and snacks, we made way to my house. We arrived at my front gate. He kissed me softly on the forehead first then his kisses trailed down my nose and lastly my lips. I don’t know how long we kissed but to me, it felt like eternity and I would like to stay like that forever.

“Goodbye princess. See you tomorrow.” He winked at me and walked to his home. He turned around and waved at me. I waved back.

That night, I received a text message from Luhan.

 

From: My baby deer Luhannie ♡

To: Princess Ssongji ♡

Let’s walk to school together ^^ Baby, see you tomorrow ♥♥♥♥♥ You know that I love you, right? ♥

 

From: Your only princess ♡

To: My own deer Luhannie ♡

Sure. I’ll wait for you :)

 

I pressed the ‘Send’ button and put my phone on the side. As I was about to fall asleep, another message came into my inbox. I my table lamp.

 

From: My baby deer Luhannie ♡

To: Princess Ssongji ♡

Where’s my heart?? You don’t love me anymore ㅠㅠ

 

“This dork.” I mumbled.

 

From: Your only princess ♡

To: My own deer Luhannie ♡

If you’re not going to sleep, I’m gonna bite you. Rawr!

P/S: Oppa, I love you so much~! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

 

From: My baby deer Luhannie ♡

To: Princess Ssongji ♡

Bite me on the neck please ^^ Hahaha! Just kidding #_# I love you too ♥

 

“Naughty kid.” That night, I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

“Where is he?” I glanced at my watch. It’s almost 8 a.m but he’s not here yet. But then, a message came into my inbox.

 

From: My baby deer Luhannie ♡

To: Princess Ssongji ♡

Baby, I don’t think I can go to school with you today. I have flu today. I’m sorry. Make sure you study well in school. I love you ♥

 

From: Your only princess ♡

To: My own deer Luhannie ♡

Make sure you eat your medicine. I love you ♥

 

At school, I can’t focus on what the teachers taught me. I looked at the empty seat next to mine. The thought of Luhan being sick and alone at home distracted me. I should visit him after school. After school ended, I bought some fruits and made my way to Luhan’s house. I pressed the house’s bell but no one answered.

“Is no one home?”

Since no one was home, I went back to my house. That night, not a single call or text message from Luhan. When I called his number, the only one who would answer was the operator. I was upset. But, there’s always a reason for everything he did. Guess, I will only asked him at school tomorrow.

But the next morning, he was not at school. The next few days, he didn’t attend school as well. When I went to his house, the curtains were closed. There were locks at the gate. This thing continued to about 2 weeks and I just can’t take it anymore. I took out my phone and called Luhan’s bestfriend, Xiumin.

“Hey, Min. Do you know where Luhan is? He’s not picking up any of my calls oor he’s replying my messages. He didn’t come to school either. Is there something wrong with him?” I asked Xiumin.

“I don’t know if I should say this or not because Luhan asked me to keep it a secret.” Xiumin said.

“Hey, you can just tell me.”

“Okay, here I go. You know how he hasn’t go to school like 2 weeks ago? It’s because….”

“Because?”

“Luhan actually got admitted to the hospital. He got sick the past days and the doctor actually diagnosed him of having leukemia. And as for Luhan, he’s already late and there’s no possible treatment for him. You can visit him at Seoul St. Mary Hospital. Room 120.”

I ended the call and ran to catch a taxi. In the taxi, tears just won’t stop falling down. I hopped off the taxi and ran into the hospital. I asked the nurse in charge about Luhan and she gave me directions to his hospital room.

Luhan’s POV

I can only sighed reading the countless calls and messages from Jieun. I read her message from 2 days ago.

 

From: Your only princess ♡

To: My own deer Luhannie ♡

Hey. You are not at school again today. What happened? Did I do something wrong? We need to talk. I miss you. Please answer me when I call. Please at least let me know you’re alright. Are you eating right? Are you sleeping well? I want to know where are you. I want to ask you how is your day today. Don’t be like this to me. Don’t shut yourself suddenly to me. It hurts me, you know. If I ever did any wrong, we can talk about it. Please call me. I love you  ♥♥♥

Jieun-ah, there’s nothing wrong with you It’s me. I’m the one who should say sorry.

I missed her like crazy. There were a lot of time when I almost lost myself and wanted to call her but I can’t do that. She can’t know about my current condition. I don’t want her to be hurted. I stared blankly outside the window, it’s sunny today. Such a perfect day to go on a date with Jieun near the Han River. But, I can’t do so. All that I have now is waiting for my death. I closed my eyes, feeling the warm sunlight on my face. Then, I heard the door being opened.

“Xiumin, is that you?” I asked but no one answered.

“Tao? Lay? Chen?”

“Luhan-ah…” I heard sobs. Someone’s crying.

No, it can’t be her. She didn’t know where I am. Right?

My worst nightmare came true. I turned around and saw Jieun. She’s crying. She walked up to me and hugged me tightly.

“You’re so bad. How can you do this to me? How can you not tell me? I hate you.” She said in between her sobs. She hit me on the chest.

“Baby, I’m so sorry. I know I should tell you but I just can’t bring myself to say it. I’m sorry.” I said as tears  formed in my eyes. I her hair gently.

That day, she spent it with me till the night. We shared some stories, cracked some lame jokes and ate together. The hours that we spent together were not enough, it felt like a short period of time. It’s already time to say goodbye.

“I’ll visit you tomorrow.” She said as she tucked me in the bed. She kissed my forehead slightly. I pointed to my lips.

“Sure.”

She kissed my lips and said goodbye. Seeing her today healed my aching heart. I dozed off into dreamland with high anticipations for tomorrow.

 

Hello~ I hope you will anticipate the next one :) I love you <3 Do subscribe and comment!

Luhan is a little bit creepy if you look at him closely. Or am I the only one who thinks so? @_@

Just Jongdae being cute :3

Luhan's creepy aegyo.

Hey guys! It's maknae Zelo's birthday today~~! I love you giant baby <3