Chapter 1

Young Love

SSSSRRRRAAAKKKK!

Taemin turned his head towards the heavy rustling sounds behind him. There, he saw Jongin, with his right hand still gripping the locker door and lots of envelopes on his feet. Whites, browns, pinks, blues, reds, yellows, oranges, love shaped, round shaped, you name it.

He pull his books from his embrace and put them inside his locker then closed it again before he approached Jongin, “It’s hard to be popular, right?” the pretty faced boy said with a smile at his friend, who still didn’t make any move, staring tiredly towards the little mountains below.

Taemin patted his friend shoulder and got on his knees to collect those envelopes. Then Jongin slowly followed, “I don’t know if I should be happy or not.” Jongin produce a tired laugh and sighed as he joined Taemin. He got an awkward smile plastered to his face. Taemin smiled as he slapped the younger boy on the head.

They got back on their feet after all the envelopes are collected neatly in Jongin’s hands.

“Wait.” Taemin went back to his locker, searching for something. Then he pulled out something like a small bag with a printed The Face Shop logo on it. Still sealed and has a tiny cute letter glued to it.

“At least no one gave me some beauty products.” Jongin and got a death glare from his friend.

Being the kind boy he is, Taemin read carefully the letter with lots of on it to see who the sender is. “How could they put this on my locker? It’s locked!” His smile faded as the worry took control of his brain. He checked the lock on the door and got no answer from his little investigation, “..umm, is it?” And then he realized Jongin is already standing beside him. He quickly removed all the contents from the bag and put those back on his locker, “Put those here.” He held the bag in his hands and let Jongin put the envelopes there.

“Now, do you know if you should be happy or not about this? It's awesomely creepy!” said Jongin with a sarcastic tone. He can’t help a mocking laugh at his friend.

“Shut up, Jonginnie.” Taemin back to his locker to take out some books he need for his Math class together with Jongin after lunch,  “Where’s Minho, by the way?” he turns to Jongin who is also busy with books in his hands. He immediately checked his phone.

“Oh, he said he’ll come later. Still have some conversation with Kim Ryeowook-seonsaengnim. He told us to go first.”

They both walked down the ground floor corridor towards the school’s cafeteria across the football field. The sun is hot nowadays, so Jongin take of his yellow jacket at seconds they got outside the building. Taemin could hear some shrieks from a distance further. He saw a bunch of girls from freshmen grade bouncing up and down with both of their hands on their mouth, eyes spotted towards him and Jongin. Well, no, just Jongin. He got his jacket hanged on his right shoulder. Hah!

“There’s the guy who don’t know if he should be happy or not and yet he likes to make a scene in front of the girls.” Taemin mocked Jongin who huffs a laugh.

They still could see the broken decorative colorful paper in the field from school’s anniversary yesterday. They saw a few people are doing clean up to those rubbish. It’s a regular event each year. Thry held a variety of events from bazaar to stage show. Jongin and Taemin are doing some dance together yesterday. The girls were screaming so loud when Jongin doing the hips dance when he was on stage it made him forgot for a few seconds what moves he should do next, but seconds later he returned to find his rhythm and get back to dance with Taemin. But the thing is, when he forgot his dance, it’s just made the scream got louder from the girls.

They took a seat next to a large window facing the football field after about five minutes standing in the line to get their meal. Taemin looked inside The Face Shop bag on the table, “Can I open these letters?” he asked Jongin with hopeful smile.

Jongin smiled at his friend politeness, “Why do you ask me when you know what would be my answer?”

“Because my appa said–“ Taemin didn’t have the chance to answer as Jongin cut him off, “Just open it.” Then Taemin happily rummaging through the colorful envelopes. Jongin knew Taemin’s appa always thought him to be polite to everyone even to his closest friend. He always said no matter how great you are, you don’t have the right to be an . Taemin always use that message of his appa when a situation like this happened, and Jongin is tired to hear it for another countless times. Thank you.

After few moments of rummaging, Taemin went for the big one with a simple white envelope first. It’s quite thick. He opened it. “What is it?” Jongin asked curiously in between his seasoned chicken chewing.

Taemin took out what looked like a thick glossy paper, “Whoa! It’s your photos from yesterday’s show, Jongin-ah.” Taemin started to check each one of the photos on his hands excitedly. There’s a picture of him too since they dancing together, “Who took them?”

“Is there any letter came with them?” Jongin took the envelope and saw nothing else inside, he check the envelope back and forth and there, he saw a little drawing in the left bottom corner of the envelop, a glass hour symbol. His lips curved a smile, “It’s Tao.”

“Tao?” Taemin eyes still glued to the photos before him.

“Huang Zi Tao, the exchanged student from Shang Hai. He’s in the same class as we are in English.” Taemin gave him questioning look, clearly thinking hard to remember who’s this Zi Tao is. “Kung Fu Panda from China?” Jongin gave him Tao’s nickname and Taemin immediately remember with a perfect round O on his mouth.

Taemin’s eyes followed where Jongin pointing in the envelope, “Why’s with that glass hour? How do you know it was him?”

Jongin really wanted to laugh at his friend, but he held it. He didn’t want another death glare to appear on that pretty face. Instead he just made a cough sound as he swallowed his chicken he was chewing, “Well it’s not that Tao had actually told me about that symbol. I just realized it myself. You saw him never been once separated from his Canon. He loves to capture things. To freeze things. To stop the time. Photos.” Jongin explains carefully to Taemin.

“Aaah...” slowly Taemin understand as he nodded his head up and down with a smile reaching to his eyes, “I don’t know you would be this great when solving mysteries.” He said with a small laugh and mouthing ‘Sherlock!’ to Jongin who’s back to eat his chicken deliciously.

They open some more letters together. Well, Taemin. Some of the letters said Jongin was so daebak yesterday on stage, some ask him to be their boyfriend, some sent him a cheesy poem it made the two friends dies in laughter and turned all the heads in the cafeteria towards them.

It’s a common knowledge that Kim Jongin is very popular in Seoul of Performing Arts High School. Beside the fact that he’s the nephew of the coolest teacher in school, Kim Baekhyun, Jongin also known as the best dancer there, followed by Taemin. Taemin is also very popular because he’s really resembles Jongin in many ways possible. They are really look alike. Start from their puffy lips, share the same body height, even their hair model is the same. It’s hard to think that they’re not twins. The only difference is Jongin’s skin is a bit tanned while Taemin is milky white.

“Hey guys.” Minho suddenly appeared and flopped down on the seat next to Taemin and stole Jongin’s fries. “What’s that?” he looked into the letter in Taemin’s hand.

“Jongin got many love letters from his fans.” Taemin answered cheerfully. Minho soon followed Taemin to reach for another letter on the bag. He chose the dark blue one. It’s not an envelope, it’s a small box. He unwrapped the blue paper.

“WHHUUUUOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!” Minho let out a loud growl it made Jongin chocked on his chicken. He reached for his drink and gulped slowly.

“What is that?” Taemin curiously look at the thing in Minho’s hand and he joined Minho into dying laughter.

“Yah! What is it?” Yell Jongin after he calmed himself. Minho threw the small box into the table, hand clutched his chest. Taemin closed his mouth with both hands, couldn’t seem to stop his laugh like Minho.

Well, it was..

A box of .

Jongin’s eye balls looked like it wants to come out from its place. He rushed to grab the box and put that inside his bag beside him. Hope no one saw it or else, he would be dead, “Don’t tell Baekhyun.” He warned them, addressing his uncle without any formality. Minho just answered him with a flirtuous wink as he stole Jongin’s fries again.

“Taemin you haven’t eating your lunch.” Jongin remind his friend who still busy with his letters and Taemin just answered him with a mumbled voice, still continued his reading, “Eat now or else Minho would stole it like he stole my fries.” Jongin added.

“Let him then.” Taemin said calmly.

Minho looked excited, “Seriously?”

“But left me the chocolate pudding.” Taemin answered. Minho happily took Taemin’s seasoned chicken and fries. Jongin slapped his friend’s head who eat with an annoying gesture just to make Jongin angry, like telling him Taemin is on his side on this.

“I can’t believe that you still don’t realize that you’re famous, Jonginnie. Look at all these letters.” Taemin said after he finished reading half of the letters sent to the youngest boy among them three. He opened his pudding and start eating.

“And .” Minho added teasingly. Jongin threw him his copstick now. Taemin smiled as he nudged Minho to stop teasing the maknae. Minho just laughed.

Jongin handed Taemin his pudding, “Here, have my pudding.”

“Ah really? You don’t mind?” Taemin’s eyes lighted up at the new pudding arrived in front of him.

“You wouldn’t suffer the Math class after this if you just eating that tiny pudding.” Taemin thanked Jongin for the pudding politely and Jongin just rolled his eyes.

“So, why are you late, Minho? What’s with Kim Ryeowook-seonsaengnim?” Jongin asked Minho.

“Nothing particular. Just talking about yesterday’s performance. He said I missed some key but other than that is okay.” Jongin just nodded his head as he looking into the destined-to-be-tall-and-handsome-and-sporty-and-good-with-guitars-and-good-in-singing-too guy in front of him as he answered.

“Sure you were great yesterday. I heard the girls screaming so loud until I feel my ears going to explode when you done performing.” Taemin said encouragingly, as he always did. Minho send his friend a sweet smile at that. Just like Jongin and Taemin, Minho also popular in school. In fact, he’s the most popular. But it’s not because of his talent that made him popular, it’s his parents. Minho is known as the son of The Chois, a famous successful bussinessman in South Korea. His father, Choi Siwon, is the owner of number one idol agency in the country and his mother, Choi Kyuhyun, have some famous western-korean restaurant organized in a few elite places.

“Anyway, do you want to come over to my house next week? My parents are going to go overseas. I’ll be alone.” Minho said to distract them from all the conversation about his performance.

“What? Are you afraid to be alone in the house, Giant?” Jongin mocked.

“Hah please. If you got a chance to have the whole house for days without your parents’ supervision, what will you do, Kim Jongin?” Minho sets a flirtuous smile on his face and Jongin just mouthing ‘ert’ towards him.

“I’ll tell you if I could. I need to ask my umma first.” Taemin said with a smile. Without him telling, Jongin and Minho already know the answer though.

Mama’s Boy would always be Mama’s Boy.

 

 

 


 

Hi guys! Here's the first chapter. Sorry if there's any grammar mistakes since I'm not a native. So, how do you think? Please do subscribe and left your thought before you leave the page.. ;)

xoxo~