Chapter 7

Drive Me Insane

MinJung POV

                “Hey! They’re back with the food!” I shouted to the boys that were sitting in a circle on the floor discussing about their comeback, in which I contributed some ideas too. TaeRi and MinHyuk placed the food on the table, but something felt wrong? Is it just me or is there something weird about MinHyuk and TaeRi, awkward seems like the right word to describe it, yet it doesn’t seem so. I’ll ask TaeRi later. The boys and I thanked them for the food and started to gobble down all the food. I was really hungry.  

                (AFTER EATING)

                “I’ll clear the trash,” I offered. “I’ll help you then.” I recognise that voice! It’s IlHoon! I nodded, blushing slightly. Why am I blushing? Why? Do I really like him? I picked up the trash bag and IlHoon helped to put the empty disposable bowls in it. He then offered to take it out, which I agreed, since he was the guy. But I followed him out anyway.

                IlHoon POV

                Now’s my chance! It’s now or never. I have to ask her out on a… date? Is a ‘date’ the right word? She’s not even my girlfriend… yet. I mustered up my courage and asked her while putting the trash bag into the huge bin outside the building. “MinJung, I was just wondering… if you were free this Saturday?” My heart felt like it was about to explode; she might have been able to hear my heart beat. My nervousness was written all over my face. What if she rejects me? It’ll be so awkward! I looked at the ground, anxiously waiting for a reply.

                MinJung POV

                Is he going to ask me out? I really want to go out with him on a… date? Is that the right word? This Saturday he said? I guess I’m free. “Yeah, I’m free,” I answered. I saw his face brighten up a little, with a smile he asked, “Would you like to go out with me? You know… just the two of us.” I thought about it a little, and let what he just told me sink in. Omo! He is really asking me out! “Why not? Where to?” I replied, unable to hide my excitement. “Is the nearby amusement park okay with you?” I nodded. An amusement park date with Jung IlHoon! Omo! What should I wear? I’m so excited!

                IlHoon POV

                She agreed! She actually agreed to going out with me! I walked back up to the practice room with her, smiling like a fool. Back in the room, we chatted for a while more before EunKwang hyung asked us to start practising. MinJung and TaeRi then left us to go to G.NA’s practice room. I’m so excited to see her debut! I hope she becomes really famous!

                (BACK IN THE PRACTICE ROOM)

                TaeRi POV

                G.NA unnie isn’t in the room, so it’s just two of us, the computer, the keyboard and a lot of space to dance, which also meant that it’s our ‘besties’ time again, after a really long time. “TaeRi! IlHoon asked me out on a date with him and I agreed! I’m not sure if it’s actually a ‘date’ but I guess so since it’s just going to be the two of us! I’m so excited; I think my heart is going to explode!” MinJung practically shouted in my ear. Whoa, that escalated quickly. Good for her. I replied, “You never told me that you liked him! You mean girl! Congratulations missy!” “I’m telling you now! Don’t tell anyone else, it’s a secret between us!” I nodded, smiling. I then watched her practise, and I helped to correct some of her dance moves. I was an idiot at singing. “I forgot to ask. What’s with you and MinHyuk? You were acting weirdly… with him. Do you like him, or did he confess?” MinJung teased. I asked, “Was it that obvious?” She nodded. I added, “Remember the time when I told you about the first guy I actually liked? That mean dance partner… It’s… MinHyuk. Please don’t tell anyone else.” I saw her eyes widen, but she continued practising anyway.

                MinJung POV

                MinHyuk? That dance partner of TaeRi? Everything is starting to make sense now! Poor TaeRi, she must be feeling really lost now. Omo! TaeRi looked at me and back on the floor. “And, you know… I think I… still… like him,” she added. I put my arm around her to comfort her lost soul. “You know, maybe you should talk to him more, maybe the feelings may come back. Or maybe… the feeling never left. He probably misses the time you two spent together too,” I said, trying to offer the best advice.

                TaeRi POV

                MinHyuk probably misses me too? Could that be true? We did have a long past together. The words never left my head, even when I was helping MinJung with little stuff. “Maybe I should just leave, find a part time job, and avoid seeing him,” I said. MinJung replied, “From a best friend’s point of view, I don’t agree with that. From your private dating coach’s point of view, it’s really up to you. Whether you want to give this relationship a chance or avoid it.” I’m really afraid he’ll leave me again. “But if you are afraid that he’ll leave you again, then prove to him that you really love him,” MinJung said. “Are you telepathic?” I asked. “Everything is written on your face, silly!” MinJung said. MinHyuk probably misses the time you two spent together too. I remembered MinJung saying that. Maybe, just maybe. What if he doesn’t, he’s so famous now, so many girls like him… What am I to him? But if he really misses me, this would be the worst choice I’ve ever made. I guess I should search for a part time job after all. I’ll need a job sooner or later. “MinJung-ah, you know what, I am going to find a part time job, and I will visit you here whenever possible. I will need a job sooner or later, I won’t survive without money,” I told her. “What about MinHyuk oppa? You sure you want to leave just like that?” MinJung questioned my decision. “I… will think about that,”

 

[ A/N ] Hey readers! Sorry for not updating after a really long time! I was overseas :/ Now there's two couples in the story! (: Are you still liking this story? Please subscribe and comment before I lose the determination to continue... But I'll try my best (: Please don't expect too much for me to update this story this holiday. I'm going on another long vacation, I'll miss you <3 Please continue supporting this fic!