Chapter 14

Drive Me Insane

MinHyuk POV

I let my imaginations run wild, and I was kind of looking forward to it, even though part of me warned me that something might go wrong. Good thing I don’t have a schedule in the morning.

(AT THE DANCE STUDIO) TaeRi must have kept her card too, seeing how she could come in. She sat in the corner of the room. She looked up and smiled a little when she heard me come in. Her eyes are obviously puffy from crying. I sat down beside her and she leaned her head on my shoulder.

“Oppa, thanks for coming.”

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah… I just wanted to relive those days we would come back here like this in the middle of the night just because we were bored.”

Actually, it was fun; I taught her some of BTOB’s dance moves. We also danced to tracks that we used to dance to. We joked around and laughed a lot, and it was actually 5AM when we left the dance studio. “Let’s do this again some other time,” she suggested. And I agreed. I offered to take her home.

MinJung POV

(DAY OF DEBUT, AT THE SET OF SHOW CHAMPION) I saw my debut video play on the screen, I was really nervous. Both BTOB and TaeRi were here to cheer me on, waiting in the waiting room. I stepped up on stage with trembling footsteps. Nevertheless, I flashed a smile at the people clapping for me. I sang and danced to an album song followed by the title track. Fortunately, I didn’t slip and fall and my voice didn’t crack. I bowed and introduced myself, and after a short interview, I stepped off the stage, and headed back to the waiting room.

To my surprise, everyone cheered for me as I entered the room. They even brought a cake with them. IlHoon congratulated me with a kiss, and hugged me really tightly. I ate a slice of a cake before returning back on stage for the ending stage.

                3rd Person POV

(A MONTH LATER)

                IlHoon and MinJung passed the ‘honeymoon months’. They fought frequently, but always made up in the end. They almost seemed like a married couple as they live together. HyunSik and TaeRi also passed the ‘honeymoon months’. HyunSik was often the one giving in though. MinJung has recently stopped promoting too. She has a large fan-base, and of course, IlHoon-antis. (There are a lot of MinJung-antis too because of her relationship.)
                MinHyuk has also returned to his cheery self now.

                (during one of HyunSik-TaeRi quarrels)

                HyunSik: As your boyfriend, how do you think it feels like for me to see my girl go out with a guy in the middle of night? Who knows what happened!

                TaeRi: I have my freedom to go out with whoever I want, whenever I want! How many times have I seen you with other girl idols too!
                HyunSik: Not in the middle of the night. And it’s not any other guy, its MinHyuk hyung. Of all people, the person I trust the most.

                TaeRi: Since you trust us both, then what’s the problem? We are just going out as friends, since we have been friends for a very long time.

                HyunSik: The problem is that you like him and he likes you. I feel like the third party right now, when in fact, I am your boyfriend! I think I played along with your show long enough. TaeRi, I love you, but the feeling isn’t mutual, we can’t go on like this. I know you love MinHyuk. Let me do this one more time.

                Soon after saying it, our lips met. TaeRi kissed back before HyunSik pulled away.

                HyunSik: Thanks for all the great memories. Let’s break up. We weren’t meant to be in the first place. If you ever need me, I’ll still be here for you. I loved you, and that will never change. But, let’s still be good friends.

                TaeRi: I’m sorry. And okay.

TaeRi POV

                It happened all so quickly. I was single again. I felt really sad, but no tears came out. I was so apologetic, it felt really horrible. It’s almost 3PM! I have a class to teach! I travelled to the dance academy, and taught for 3 hours straight.

                (A MONTH LATER) Life went on after the break-up. I also often went to Cube building before and after my classes to meet up with MinJung. I still met up with BTOB once in a while. I still met MinHyuk in the middle of the night when I was bored. He would also take me to the noodle stall we went to last time frequently. I avoided the words ‘date’ and ‘dating’ out of respect for HyunSik. According to MinHyuk, he said HyunSik was really affected for half the month before returning back to the HyunSik we all know. I’m relieved to know that he’s doing alright.

                As for me, I was really guilty for the first week and I talked to MinJung (and MinHyuk) about it. I was also given a promotion at the dance academy, I can teach higher grades now, which in my opinion are more fun. MinHyuk also told me that it is BTOB’s inactive time so they had a lot of time to relax. Coincidentally, it was MinJung’s time to rest! I visited the dorm often, but spent most of the time in the kitchen or MinJung’s room. I have lesser worries now, which is an extremely good thing.

                My phone vibrated. It was HyunSik. I contacted him once in a while, but it has been a week since we last texted. It read: TaeRi-ah, I just wanted to tell you that it’s totally fine for you to be with MinHyuk hyung. I don’t mind. I will always support you regardless of what you do. If you are holding back because of me, then don’t okay?

                I replied: Oppa, you’re really nice. But you don’t have to do this. Anyway, thanks!

                He responded: Be happy with hyung! (-:

                HyunSik POV

                As much as I hated saying it, I wanted her to be happy. And not avoid loving someone because she was afraid of offending me. It was tough getting over it. But I guess it was easier since was mentally prepared for this day to come. 

 

[ A/N ] Hello guys!! It's a holiday today! To all my Muslim friends, Happy Hari Raya Puasa! (:  My exams are coming soon, so I won't be updating for a while again :( until my next holiday! Mid-September! I hope you still like the story and comment and subscribe (and vote) okay!! I love you readers <3 I will update as soon as possible!