How I Met You

Take the 'FE' out of 'FEMALE'!

---THIS STORY WILL BE WRITTEN IN A THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW :) ---

Straining her brain trying to squeeze out all the information that she had read during her last minute studies, Hye Jin could feel her head throbbing wildly in pain. She had been at the same question and the same page for almost a whole fifteen minutes and her mind was as blank as her exam paper. Screw history. She thought as she flung her pencil down on the table in frustration until it accidentally rolled off and fell onto the ground.

She clicked her tongue and sighed. Clearly giving up, she folded her hands and leaned back on her chair.  She closed her eyes and tried remembering one more time about what the Korean Empire did back then. But, nothing came to her.

Tick tock.

The time was ticking and she knew that she was surely going to fail her history now. And if she failed this subject, her unnie will kill her and force her to drop her art lessons. Man, art lessons were her life! If she was forced to quit, Hye Jin would practically go insane and- we do NOT want to go there. Seriously, Hye Jin will do anything for art. She loves art. Art is her passion and her uniqueness. It is also something that she is best at.

“Fifteen more minutes, class.” The teacher stated the obvious.

Hye Jin yawned and merely glanced at the clock and then back down at her empty paper. Whatever. I don’t think unnie’s even serious about forcing me to quit arts. I mean, she knows how important art is to me. She thought to herself as she bent down to pick her pencil up from the floor.

She twirled the pencil in her hand and took a look around the class. Then, an idea struck her mind.

Grinning happily, she gripped the pencil in her hand tightly and started to sketch a picture on her paper. Being her artistic self that she is, she never encountered a problem at all in drawing the human facial features and she barely needed to use her eraser at all. She glided the pencil swiftly across the paper, making gentle while glancing back and forth at her ‘model’ to make sure she could get the features right.

“Five more minutes.”

The happy little girl smiled contentedly as she examined her newly done masterpiece. She examined her work to look for some little errors which she soon corrected quickly. Showing her pearly whites without noticing, she held her professionally drawn piece of work up and admired it. I’m so going to frame this. She thought.

*Snatch*

“What’s this?!”

Hye Jin gasped in shock and her eyes widened when the paper suddenly disappeared from her hands. She felt a little annoyed that someone had to come and ruin her joyful mood, but her frown soon transformed into a worrisome one as she realized that it was the teacher.

The teacher scoffed. “Drawing the new kid on your blank exam paper?!! How nice!” The teacher added sarcastically. Some kids in the room snickered and Hye Jin could feel her face heat up in embarrassment.

“How dare she draw Kibum oppa?” Some girl from across the room said.

“Pfft. How dare she even LOOK at him?!!” another girl cried out.

“That ! Kibum oppa is too high of a status to be drawn by that...lowly artist.” An unreasonable sentence came out of some unknown ’s mouth.

“QUIET! ALL OF YOU!” The teacher shouted angrily. “Time’s up! Hand in all your papers now!”

The class obeyed and immediately stood up to place their papers on the teacher’s table.

Once the class was almost empty, the teacher glared angrily at the poor artist and said, “Detention for you, Miss Shim.”

 

===========================================================================

“Aish! Detention just for drawing during the exam?! This is ridiculous!” Hye Jin sighed as her shoulders deflated in unison with her sigh. She carried her bag on her shoulders and made her way to the detention room. It was her first time being sent to have detention so she was having quite a tough time trying to find that horrible room.

Fortunately for her, she found it just in time or else her detention time would have doubled. She adjusted her black rimmed spectacles and frowned before entering the room.

Holy ! Hye Jin gasped in her mind. She was so...surprised to find that there was no teacher yet and she was the only girl in there. The whole room was packed with the school’s bad boys and all of them were glaring at her as she walked in slowly. She nervously took baby steps to an empty seat in the corner of the room and pulled the chair out. Things only got worse when the loud screeching noise of the chair followed as its legs scraped onto the ground.

“YAH!” Kim Jonghyun, the school’s infamous playboy shouted groggily at the frightened girl. “Are you trying to wake me up from my sleep, you geek?!”

“C-C-Chusohamnida...” The girl bowed as she adjusted her specs once more. She placed her bag down slowly on the chair and was about to sit down when- “AIGO!” she shouted in pain as her came in contact with the cold hard ground. It seemed like someone pulled her chair back that caused her to fall. She felt so embarrassed when all the boys started laughing at her.

“Serves you right, nerd! Looks like you’ve drawn too many pictures to be this daft!” Jonghyun mocked in evil laughter.

Tears were threatening to fall from Hye Jin’s smooth porcelain white face when she heard a loud bang of someone barging forcefully into the room. All eyes darted towards the sound and they gasped to see a skinny, tall and well-built handsome boy.

Gasp. It’s him. Hye Jin thought.

“ENOUGH.” The boy said in a deep, demanding tone which caused silence to drift around the room for a nano second until Jonghyun spoke up.

“What’s your problem, big boy?” Jonghyun snapped while standing up from his chair. He flipped his blonde hair (Jonghyun’s hair shall be blonde in this fic :D ) back and glared at the boy.  

The boy smirked and took a step forward towards Jonghyun. “Nothin’. I just hate it when I come for detention and some drama happens.” Jonghyun stared at him with laser beam eyes as he walked up to take a seat next to Hye Jin who was trembling so hard that when she sat down on her chair, the chair was vibrating.

“Are you okay?” the boy asked Hye Jin.

Hye Jin took awhile to register his beautiful face in her mind. Gawd, he looks just like a living angel! He thought. True enough, he was such a beauty. So much better than what she had drawn earlier on her exam paper. Maybe, just maybe, she’d draw another upgraded picture later. “H-H-Huh?” She stared right into his light brown orbs. It looked so foreign to her. His hair was dark brown and had light purple and red streaks in it. All about him was foreign.

“Umm...chill. I’m not going to hurt you or anything.” He waved his hand right in front of Hye Jin’s face when she was staring deeply at him. Just as his hand appeared right in front of her, she shook her head and snapped out of her thoughts.

“Oh! Uh, yeah. I’m o-okay...” she stuttered nervously.

Soon, the class was noisy again and everything resumed back to its normal state before Hye Jin walked in. Jonghyun was asleep once more and the boy took the opportunity to talk to Hye Jin.

“So...you drew me on your exam paper, huh?” he asked Hye Jin.

“W-What?” She thought for awhile when the embarrassing memory struck her. “Oh, I...um...I was just practicing my...skills....you see, I’m an artist and...” Hye Jin bit her bottom lip and wanted to slap herself for being like this.

The boy let out a melodious laugh. So cheerful and sweet to her ears that she wished she could keep that laughter in a bottle and listen to it whenever she wanted to. “I bet it’s beautiful. I would love to have a look at that picture.”

“Y-You do?” Hye Jin raised an eyebrow.

The boy nodded and smiled. “Kim Ki Bum. You can call me Key for short.”  He held out a hand for Hye Jin to shake.

Nervous and excited at the same time, she held out her right hand and shook Key’s hand. “Shim Hye Jin.  Just Hye Jin. Or you can call me Artist Shim for short.”

Key laughed once more and showed his gorgeous smiling eyes. “You’re cute.”

Surprisingly, it made Hye Jin’s stomach do a double flop. “Eh?” She could feel the familiar heat surrounding her cheeks and she knew that she was blushing. She hid her red face behind her long, straight silky black hair when Key brushed her hair away from her face.

“It creeps me out when girls hide their faces behind their long hairs like zombies.” He shuddered. Hye Jin looked a little hurt when he said that, but he quickly changed his topic. “You look more beautiful this way.”

That made Hye Jin smile. “T-Thanks.”

“AISH!” the both of them turned around to find Jonghyun groaning with his eyes closed. “Enough with this couple stuff already! It’s annoying me.”

The two new friends chuckled. “Hey, since I’m new here why don’t you show me around the place?” Key asked Hye Jin.

“What? You’re new?” Hye Jin’s big round eyes widened. No wonder she hadn’t seen him around before. “Sure, why not?”

“Great! Oh, and let me treat you to lunch!”

This has got to be the luckiest day of my life! Hye Jin thought in her heart. It was not a mistake to have chosen to draw Key on her exam paper.

 

Or...is it?

 

 

Author's Note : Hello! So guys, how was Chapter One? : D I hope its good! So, this is basically how she met Key and everything. More chapters will be coming soon because my exams are over! Don't forget to comment & subscribe, peoples. <3

Lotsa love;
K3ylicious10