Content

I Hate This Love Song

“Happiness consists not in having much, but in being content with little.”
-Marguerite Gardiner

The morning of the accident, he was happy. It was their third anniversary as a married couple and he wanted to make it special. He had woken up early, slowly sliding his tall frame out from under the covers, placing a chaste kiss on her cheek as he walked past her side of the bed to get a singlet out of the drawers of their shared wardrobe. He had tiptoed out the room and softly shut the door before turning and walking downstairs in his bare feet, throwing the singlet over his head on the way down. He yawns once before making a beeline towards the kitchen, going into the fridge and grabbing the ingredients needed to make this morning’s breakfast special.

One tiring and messy hour later he walked back upstairs with a tray in his hands, heading straight for the bedroom. Quietly opening the door he sets the tray down on the bedside table before kneeling down on the floor next to her. He stayed there for a few moments, admiring the way her face looked peaceful and calm, making him think that she would be quite content with sleeping all day. I’m sorry but I’m not going to let that happen He thought, cracking a smile at the idea. Reaching out a hand he caresses her cheek, soft enough to not hurt her but enough to make her stir. She scrunches up her nose and reaches up to take his hand away from her face, making him laugh.

“Jagi it’s time to wake. The sun is shining, the birds are singing and if you don’t wake up I’ll start singing” He whispers in her ear. Hearing this, she sits up like a shot, her hair settling onto her shoulders as she rubbed her eyes with her fists. Bringing her arms down, she opens her wide eyes to reveal the iris’ lightest shade of brown anyone has ever known. She places a hand on his cheek as she leans down to give him a small good morning kiss. He smiles to himself, wondering what he did in his past life to deserve a wife like her. He gets up from his kneeling and picks up the tray, placing it over her lap. She looks down at it and smiles.

“Seunghyun you didn’t have to” Her voice was light and musical, giving the idea that she was like a china doll, fragile and not to be played with. Small raspberries were places top-side down in the shape of a heart on a small stack of pancakes which were drizzled in syrup.

“You shouldn’t be thanking me.” He said rubbing the back of his neck. When she looked at him questioningly he didn’t meet her eyes. “It was a packet mix. I just followed the instructions.” Her tinkling laugh rang out and made him smile.

“I still love it.” She says with a grin and starts eating, sharing the breakfast with her husband.

 

With his fans, he was T.O.P, charming, suave and able to make the girls swoon in an instant.
 

But with her, he was Seunghyun, dorky, clumsy, cheesy and loveable. And that was how he was happy.