Prologue

I Hate This Love Song

A/N : I ended up just making a poster myself. Not bad for my first go, right? And things may seem a bit confusing to start with but it'll make more sense as it goes on.

The car moved along the highway, occasionally over taking other cars. At this time of night there was hardly anyone on the road, just a few trucks and the occasional couple returning from late night dates.

As per usual the button he used to change the radio station was broken, just like everything else in his life. He ran a hand through his hair as he frantically tried to get the button to work. Pulling the car off the highway and putting on his hazard lights he bangs his fist against the console in a desperate attempt to fix it.

There was a bit of static as he thumped on the dashboard and suddenly the radio came on and the song that was playing was now loud and clear.

He froze and drew his hand back, slowly clasping both of his hands tightly against his chest as tears began pouring uncontrollably down his face as he recognised the song, immediately making him think of her.

The face that looked flawless and beautiful even if she hadn’t slept in ages.

The smooth touch of her milky white skin against his fingertips.

The soft texture of her long hair running between his fingers.

The rusty smell and vibrant colour of her blood as her head hit the dashboard.

The terrifying sound of her screams as they skidded on the ice and smashed into a light post.

The wailing sirens of the paramedics and rescue teams as they arrived.

The loud, metallic noise of the Jaws of Life cutting through the car doors and ripping them off.

The rumbling engine of the ambulance as it tore down the highway and pulled into the ambulance bay.

The beeping noise of the heart and blood pressure monitors as he regained consciousness.

The confused voice of his beloved wife asking who he was.

Their song ended, leaving him slumped against the steering wheel. Without her, he was neither alive nor dead. He was just an empty shell, gliding the streets and barely scraping by.

Without her; he was nothing.

A/N: Well that's just the prologue. I hope you will subscribe, comment and upvote if you can/want!