↳ ⋮ ▎章 THREE

「幸せ委員会 」` The Happy Committee ♡
CHAPTER THREE

wishes don't require magic.

 

“So you do realize that we’re going to need to do some major stalking right?” Jinri asked the girl before her in an innocent manner. Usually when one spoke of stalking, it brought about a disturbing connotation, but Jinri just had a way of making it sound innocent - blame it on her natural aegyo. Besides from her tone, it was clear she wasn't going to do it in the law-breaking sort of way. At least Krystal hoped not. But that didn’t stop the younger Jung from questioning the girl’s motive, and this was clearly written all over her face, eliciting a response from Jinri.

“I know this is called a wish, but it’s not like we have a magic potion for you. Granting wishes is actually a really time consuming and tiresome process, especially for wishes like yours which concern matters of the heart.” The committee president answered in a serious tone, only to sigh dreamily at the end as she clasped her hands together and pressed them against her cheek.

“Soo ~ I don’t suppose you know or you’ll tell us Jonghyun’s ideal type?” Amber asked, stuffing her hands in her pockets as she rocked back and forth towards Krystal on the balls on her feet, a mischievous smirk etched on her face.

“Oh yeah, I definitely do, that’s why I’m asking for your help.” Krystal replied, sarcasm evident in her tone, causing Amber’s face to drop into a childish pout. Luna, on the other hand seemed to completely miss the irony and stared at the younger girl with a wide open smile.

“So what kind of girls does he like?” The blonde asked, breaking her silence for the first time. This caused the rest of the committee to chuckle off her statement as if it were typical ‘Luna’ behaviour. The short girl pressed her lips together confused as to why everyone seemed to be grinning, only to finally catch on when Victoria had leaned in and whispered into her ear, presumably to tell her that the brunette was just kidding.

“Oooooh. Sorry, I’m terrible with sarcasm. You need to tell me straight up, or I’ll believe everything you say.” Luna laughed, rubbing the nape of her neck apologetically.

“Unfortunately, I don’t know his ideal type.” Krystal stated again bluntly, half brushing off what the sarcasm-oblivious girl had said while shooting her a faint amused smile.

Well, if she knew, then she wouldn’t be have been wishing for it right? All the brunette could really piece together was the fact that he seemed to have a preference towards older ladies. And you would expect that to be because he liked to be pampered and babied by his noonas, but contrastingly, he also seemed to favor dependent, fragile girls. Someone who would rely on him and someone he could protect. Unfortunately, Krystal was neither his noona, nor a soft-hearted girl (at least not openly), besides, she never liked showing her weakness. Often viewed as crude, headstrong and blunt - she really didn’t fit his bill, and she was aware of this.

So maybe she did have an inkling of his ideal type. But she just didn’t want to admit it since it was so far from who she was, or who she wanted to be, at least.

“Anyway, you told us that you were going to meet Jonghyun tonight, right?” Amber suddenly piped up, drumming her fingers on the edge of her seat as if excited about something, completely breaking her train of thought. To this, Krystal listlessly nodded her head, arching a brow prompting Amber to explain herself.

“If possible, could you postpone the meet-up time? It’s just because we’ll need some time to grant your wish.” Jinri asked nervously, picking at the edges of her nails. It was apparent to Krystal that even the committee knew that if she were to meet him tonight, she would get rejected. Inwardly rolling her eyes, she simply shrugged and nodded once more, uttering a quick ‘okay’. Although a part of her wanted to challenge the group to grant her wish tonight, she wasn’t that unreasonable. Besides, she couldn’t deny her curiosity - how exactly were they going to get Jonghyun to accept her without the use of money? She was once again snapped out of her thoughts when Jinri spoke up.

“Great! Anyway, just postpone the date till…Friday. That’s 4 more days from today. We should be able to grant the wish by then, or even before that.”

Quirking a brow in intrigue, the shorter brunette crossed her arms as if in denial that they could achieve her wish in such a short amount of time. She did however manage to let out an indifferent, “okay”. Digging her hands through her pockets, she fished out her cellphone and figured that she better call Jonghyun now before she forgot and pulled a classic cliched move where her date gets stood up. Of course in this case, it wasn’t so much a date, as a clarification of rejection.

Seeing Krystal take out her cellphone, Jinri was about to say something until the door to the room had opened revealing a handsome, although disheveled, student with a childish face. His expression at the moment, however, was one filled with confusion and even drowsiness as if he had just woken up. Beside him, supporting his body was a taller, more athletic and well built male.

“Minho-oppa, Taemin-oppa!” Jinri chirped excitedly making her way to the two men. The taller male leaned over and whispered something into the girl’s ear, eliciting an over dramatic gasp from her. With that, she turned her attention to Krystal.

“Well, we have committee business to attend to, so if you could yourself out…” She said in a serious-to-the-point-of- silly, tone, before breaking out into giggles. “Juuuust kidding. But we do have boring committee stuff that we need to do, but don’t worry. We’ll definitely grant your wish! Anyway, you need to call Jonghyun as well, and you probably don’t want to do it with us eavesdropping.” As she said that, the tallest girl cracked a childish grin and shot a glance at Amber, as if telling her to the youngest Jung out.

However, that wasn’t needed as Krystal had already gotten the message and was already at the door, her hand on the handle. “It’s alright, I can myself out.” She replied, imitating the committee president's earlier remark before proceeding to leave the dimmed room.

As she made her way out of the school building for some fresh air, the girl decided to use whatever remaining time left of lunch to call Jonghyun to postpone their meeting. Her fingers had instinctively dialed Jonghyun’s number, and with each passing ring, she felt her heart tighten. She really didn’t have it in her to speak to him. Everytime she heard his voice, it would just remind her of the words that he had spoken during her confession.

She sincerely wished that she would be forced to leave a voice message, but as (bad) luck would have it, the older male had picked up the phone.

“Soojung? Why are you calling? I mean, is everything alright?” came the familiar voice from the other side, and although she hated to admit it, his warm words carried a flood of emotions over Krystal. A part of her - her feminine and overly sensitive side was tempted to tell him how much better she would be if he could just accept her confession, while the other wanted to snap back at him and call him a coward for not giving her a quick answer, drawing out the wait, and amplifying the already awkward atmosphere that grew between them. Without knowing how to properly respond, she decided to just go with the laxed route.

“Mm, everything’s fine.” She replied casually, maybe a bit too casually for her liking. Krystal had slightly hoped to have a bit more of her usual apathetic tone, like she had during their talk earlier the day, but imagining how hurt and guilty he must’ve felt, stopped her.

After the re-scheduling of their meeting went pretty smoothly (despite the fact Jonghyun was more than curious as to why the sudden change) she quickly hung up the phone.

How exactly did they plan to get Jonghyun to become her boyfriend in such a short amount of time?

That question had lodged itself into the innermost part of Krystal’s brain that she was unable to think of anything else for the rest of the day, even when she had arrived back at her sister’s apartment.

Glancing at Jessica, who must’ve come home early for work (since she really didn’t know why her sister would be home before her) the thought of Jonghyun’s ideal type crossed her mind again. Knitting her brows in frustration, Krystal threw herself on the couch and drew a deep breath.

Her sister probably would fit Jonghyun much better than herself, maybe just in terms of her age. Jessica was, of course, his noona but her personality was pretty much the same as Krystal's but...worse. Both sisters shared the same headstrong mannerisms, but the older was definitely more straightforward in her actions. Actually, Krystal had always not-so-secretly aimed to become more like her sister. So although she really wasn’t that blunt and crass in reality, she was so influenced by Jessica that it became second nature to her.

“Unnie, you’re totally in love with Jonghyun right?” She asked jokingly, trying to push her thoughts aside by casually teasing her sister.

The blond turned around, an amused smile on her lips as she nodded bluntly. “Oh yeah, of course. Deeply in love.”

“Darn you, I bet that’s why he didn’t respond to my feelings. You man-stealer.” The younger Jung replied, her words clearly filled with sarcasm. Jessica shook her head, quirking the corner of her lips into a parted smile before throwing a pillow at her.

If anyone else had listened in to this conversation, they would probably argue that there was some deep truth behind the words they had just exchanged but because they were so close, Jessica’s playful smile only solidified Krystal’s trust in her.

Seriously, if it weren’t for her sister, this whole Jonghyun problem would’ve been much harder to handle.


“We’ve got it.”

That statement came 2 days after Krystal had made her wish concerning Jonghyun, and the surprise was evident on her face. Her eyes wide with shock and practically hanging open, Krystal had to force herself to regain her composure.

“How?” was the only word uttered by the brunette.

“It’s a seeeecret ~ but after some very pro ninja stalking, we know exactly how to get you two together.” Jinri whispered softly as she drew out selected words for emphasis.

“All you need to do is call Jonghyun and tell him to meet you at this nearby park at half past 9.” Amber piped up, slipping a small crumpled note peppered with a cute design into the girl’s hand.

Krystal looked over the note, first noticing the wrinkles on the paper. Seriously, Amber had to get a folder or something. But besides that, looking at the address, Krystal determined that she knew where the meet up place was. Of course she questioned why the committee wanted her to meet Jonghyun there, but she had a small feeling that something fancy might happen there.

If the club planned a musical number, Krystal wouldn’t hesitate to kick Jinri in the knee.

 
yayay chapter three. next chapter will be the last. and then there will be the bonus chapter that explores more of the backstory. that will be divded into 2-3 parts instead of the original one since as i began typing it, i realized it would be too long if i just shoved it into one chapter. 

mm, i apologize if the story is really linear right now, hopefully the ending / bonus will make up for it ;u;