epilogue

All About Us

.The Day of the Wedding (epilogue)

 

Claps were echoing throughout the wedding hall, the opening waltz having just been concluded by the bride and groom, surrounded by the EXO members. More upbeat music began to play, and the other guests streamed onto the dance floor, raising the atmosphere. Junho and his new wife called all of the EXO boys to their table, saying their thanks for a job well done.

“Thank you, all twelve of you,” said Junmyeon’s sister-in-law, her eyes in the shape of crescents.

“Yeah, thank you for not messing up and showing your cool and handsome side,” praised Junho, reaching over to ruffle up his younger brother’s hair, which was luckily unstyled today, just its usual fluffy self.

“I told you, didn’t I? I am perfectly capable of handling these boys,” he retorted, sticking his tongue out mischievously. The other members of EXO giggled, unaccustomed to seeing the normally mature leader acting like a cheeky younger brother.

“But to be honest, it was your own brother that was the most worrisome,” teased Jongin, his status as lead dancer allowing him to give his input. “I mean, out of the twelve of us, only he needed lessons from Yixing!”

 

Junho looked at his brother in confusion, before returning his gaze to Jongin’s.

“What are you talking about? Junmyeon used to take waltz classes when he was younger… It was one of his many extra-curriculars,” he explained, turning to give his younger brother a questioning look. However, all of them turned to the beet-red Yixing by his side, who looked way too embarrassed for someone who supposedly didn’t know either.

“Ohoho, I see how it is,” exclaimed Chanyeol with a cheesy wink. “Junmyeon-hyung just wanted some alone time Yixing-hyung!”

“So what if I did?” replied Junmyeon, leaning over to hug his lover closer to his side.

 

“Myeon… Is this my wedding or yours?” joked Junho, shaking his head in mock displeasure. The group laughed merrily, each couple dispersing onto the dance floor to dance the night away.

“So Xing-ah, may I have the honour of just another dance?” whispered Junmyeon.

“Of course,” replied Yixing, letting himself be led into the cluster of people, his hand never letting go of his partner’s.

 

-

Thank you for reading~

The epilogue is much shorter (at only 370~ words compared to the 3200~ of the oneshot) but it's only meant to be a little drabble of sorts =)