Part Two: And In Bad Times

When Leo Wants a Family Photo

A few months had passed since then and a lot had changed. When anyone entered the dorms now, the first thing they would see is a rather large picture of you and VIXX. Taekwoon also had posted a rather long letter in the fan cafe explaining everything to the Starlights and asking for their approval. It seemed that most of the Starlights were supportive of you two. Some even sent letters and gifts expressing their excitement.

The members were very active in helping you and Taekwoon prepare for your wedding and get ready for your future together. Hongbin had agreed to take pictures during the ceremony. Ravi was going to be in charge of music. N and Ken were helping you pick out flowers and other decorative details for the wedding. Hyuk agreed to go pick out a dress with you and your mom. Taekwoon, on the other hand, was looking into apartments close to the studio. Granted the wedding wouldn't be for a few more months, he didn't see an issue in starting to price them out now. Another thing the members were doing for you and Taekwoon was they were trying to give the two of you more alone time. However along with the more alone time you had, more teasing came with it.

Today, Ken was going to help you go pick out placements for the tables. Manager gave Ken permission to drive you around to where ever you needed/wanted to go for the day. Taekwoon had not expressed much interest in the decorative details for the wedding, but for some reason he wanted to tag along this time.

"Don't worry about it, oppa." You told him. "We're just picking out like a vase to hold flowers or something. Nothing really important. Besides you guys have a comeback coming up. You should be working hard to be ready for it."

Taekwoon stared into eyes for a little before sighing and kissing your forehead. "Just be careful okay?" You smiled and nodded. He glared over at Ken. "No funny business, Jaehwan."

"No way, hyung. This is no time to joke around." Ken said, sarcastically. Taekwoon wasn't amused at all.

"Leo hyung, chill out." Ravi patted him on the back. "They've gone out and run errands for the wedding before. They'll be fine."

"We'll try not to be too long okay?" You gave Taekwoon a quick kiss before grabbing your bag. "Let's go, Ken. You all better be working hard when we get back!"

"WE WILL!"

The weather wasn't very good outside and you assumed that was why Taekwoon was so paranoid. It was the middle of January and there was a rather large snow storm on its way, but they weren’t expecting it to hit for another few days. There was a light dusting of snow on the ground and the temperature was just below freezing so there was a good chance some parts of the road were icy. Once you two were on the road and started driving, Ken grew a little paranoid about the road conditions.

“Oppa, relax. If you want, we can do this another day and just turn around and go back.” You told him while you were stopped at a red light.

Ken shook his head. “No it’s okay. It’s really not that bad. I just haven’t really driven in weather like this much. We’ll be fine if I just go slowly.”

You nodded and rested your head against the window. You loved the winter and kind of wished you could have had a winter wedding. Taekwoon wasn’t really for it though so you compromised with a spring wedding. Things just seemed so surreal to you at the moment. You still called Taekwoon your boyfriend instead of fiancée, not that it was a big deal, but you would get a slight nudge from him to correct you.

“Should we try looking around the mall for something?” Ken questioned, pulling you away from your thoughts.

“I mean we could try. I have no idea what I even want to put on the tables.” You sighed. To be honest, you thought of doing some research the night before but it slipped your mind after making dinner for the boys.

“Well do you want flowers or like maybe snacks on the tables? It doesn’t have to be really fancy, you know. Everyone is going to be there to celebrate, not so much judge what you give them at their tables.” Ken hesitated before turning on the street that headed towards the mall.

“Well I was kind of thinking, since it will be spring time that we could have like a thin vase and then put like 4 or 5 flowers in it and put a cute ribbon around it.”

“I like it.”

Not that many people were at the mall so finding a parking spot was easy. Ken linked arms with you and you two began to search for vases. Not that many stores carried anything that caught your eye and you tried your best not to get disappointed. Ken would try to lighten the mood by making you laugh and doing impressions. Really all you wanted to do though was go home and try another day. Ken had convinced you to try one last store in the mall.

“Hello,” the worker greeted you as you entered. “Is there anything I can help you find?”

“I’m looking for vase I would be able to have as table decorations for a wedding.” You explained.

“Oh are you two getting married?”

You and Ken laughed. “No, no. This is my oppa.” You told her. “My fiancée is busy at the moment so he couldn’t come along.”

“Well we have a few vases that might be what you’re looking for.” She led you over to a shelf that was full of different shaped vases.

She left you alone to look them all over. Seeing the variety overwhelmed you and Ken kind of stood back so he couldn’t bias a decision, if you were to make one. Your eyes moved back and forth across the row, not really sure which vase to focus on, until you stumbled across one on the end. It was a simple and thin vase, sort of what you were picturing in your head. It had a slight engraving spiraling up it. You looked back at Ken with wide eyes and he smiled back at you.

“Have you found one that you liked?” The worker asked you.

“I think she has.” Ken answered for you.

“I should show it to Taekwoon first.” You say, pulling out your phone and attempting to face time him.

“He might not answer.” Ken said.

“Manager has his phone.” You then saw a familiar face on your cell phone screen. “Hi oppa!”

“Wae?” Taekwoon questioned. “Did something happen?”

You shook your head. “No I found a centerpiece and I wanted your opinion.” You turned the phone around so he could see the vase. “We can put a few flowers in it and tie a ribbon on the vase.”

“Is that what you want?” He asked.

You turn the phone back so you two can see each other’s faces. “Oppa, I asked you what you think of it.”

“It’s just your taste. So go ahead and get it.”

You nodded. “Okay. Then we’ll be back soon. I love you.”

“Love you too.” Taekwoon replied before ending the call.

You placed an order for as many vases as you needed and set to pick them up in a month before the wedding. Before heading back to the car, you and Ken stopped and grabbed some food from the food court. As you looked out the window, you noticed that it had started to snow. Ken tried his best to ignore the idea of the roads becoming icy but you could tell it was starting to psych him out.

“Maybe we should get going before it gets any worse.” He suggested.

“That’s fine. You’re driving so whatever you feel you have to do.” You told him.

Traffic was horrendous once you exited the parking structure. Cars were bumper to bumper, all fearing that the roads being covered in ice. You noticed Ken was gripping the steering wheel tightly. You tugged on his arm gently to bring his hand over to yours. He smiled at your soothing gesture and you felt him relax a little. The light had just turned green and Ken lightly took his foot off the break and let the car start to lunge forward. The next few moments happened so quickly that you couldn’t remember what really happened first.

You heard the sound of two cars crashing. Then you felt Ken’s hand fall from your grasp and you head hit the window hard. Next you heard sirens and people muttering and asking if everyone was okay. You could hear Ken calling your name, but you couldn’t muster up the strength to answer him. You opened your eyes slightly to see paramedics hovering over you and hear Ken’s frantic voice. Your eyes drifted shut yet again and the sounds became faint. You felt extremely tired and let sleep take over you.

The next time you opened your eyes you were in a hospital room. You could see Taekwoon leaned back in a chair, in a rather uncomfortable way, sleeping with his arms crossed across his chest. You tried to call out to him but you found that your throat was extremely dry. You looked around the room looking for something to help get his attention. Your eyes landed on the window and tears began to brim your eyes. There was no snow. The trees had fresh green leaves on them. The sun was up high in the sky. People were not wearing heavy winter coats, but instead they were wearing shorts, skirts, tank tops, and light jackets…spring time clothing.

Sobs raked your body and the sound of you gasping for breath jolted Taekwoon awake. His eyes grew wide and within seconds you were in his arms and he squeezed you tightly. You tried to hug him back and let him know that things were okay but you found no strength at all to do so. He pulled back and planted a kiss on your lips. He could tell you had figured some things out already.

“I-I…” Taekwoon shook his head, stopping you from trying to say anything, and raced out of the room. When he returned, he had a glass of water and a doctor with him.

“Hello there. I’m glad to see that you are finally awake.” He looked over at Taekwoon and motioned for him to give you the water. “So let me explain what has been going on. You were in a car accident back in January. Do you remember that?” You nodded. “Well you had hurt your head pretty badly and had fallen into a coma by the time the ambulance had gotten you here. Three months have gone by and your vitals have been doing well. We were all wondering when you would finally come to.”

Three months. You were in a coma for three months. That would mean your wedding was in almost less than a month. Your pulse began to quicken and Taekwoon took your hand in his.

“Don’t worry. We’ve pushed the wedding back. There’s no way you can walk down the aisle like this.”

“B-b-ut…” You struggled to get your words out.

“We’re going to have to run a few test and then you’ll have to stay for a little while under our watch so we can help you get back to your normal self again.” The doctor told you. “We have to make sure there has been no serious damage to your brain or motor skills.” The doctor told you when all your tests would be and how they would work before slipping out of the room to let you and Taekwoon spend some time together.

He had already texted the members to tell them that you had woken up and they going to come over and visit before you went in for all your testing. Taekwoon took your hand in his and rubbed his thumb along the back of your hand. He didn’t need to say anything. You knew he was here every second he could be, at your side. You knew that he had lost a lot of sleep worrying about you. You just wanted him to stop having to worrying now.

You thoughts then drifted to Ken. He was driving when you got into the accident. Taekwoon could tell that was what had crossed your mind and smiled at you. “He’s fine. He only got a few cuts that needed to be stitched up. He feels entirely guilty even though it was not his fault at all.” Taekwoon rolled his eyes. “Maybe he’ll give me some peace and quiet now that you’re awake.”

“I..I..love you.” You forced out. You felt like you had to say it right then. You knew marrying Taekwoon was the right decision. This proved to you that he was the one for you. He was your person. Now you definitely felt that you had to do everything in your power to make him feel the same way.

Taekwoon stood up and kissed your forehead. His lips lingered there for a short while before he brought his face down in front of yours. “I love you too. Don’t you ever scare me like that again.”

“I won’t.” You replied hoarsely.

Taekwoon smiled and planted a passionate kiss on your lips. This was definitely for better or for worse and the two of you were not even married yet. What was to come after you did get married? Only time will tell, you thought to yourself.