Prompt #4 from ruthazar100 - The Subway

Prompt Me

 

Prompt: Maybe a super possessive Hyuk and a hard to get Hae? Kyaaaa I love HyukHae XDDD

***
“You know that you look ridiculous, right?” Donghae deadpanned, shifting from the balls of his feet to his toes in an effort to see over Hyukjae’s left shoulder.

 

The subway was particularly crowded that evening. Adults on their way home from work filled nearly every cavity of the train as it rumbled underground. Having just come from a soccer game, the two boys were freshly showered, their hair still damp, school uniforms slightly unkempt.  

 

Hyukjae rolled his eyes at Donghae’s comment and just pressed closer to brunette, close enough to smell his shampoo. The latter was boxed in by the older boy, his back pressed up against the wall beside the doors to the car. Hyukjae stood in front of Donghae, both of his arms resting on their elbows beside Donghae’s head, effectively caging the brunette in. Their chests were nearly flush against one another’s. Their breath mingled between their lips.

 

For a minute, Hyukjae forgot where they were and bent his head down just enough to brush mouths together, but Donghae turned his head away.

 

“Stop,” the younger boy warned. He glared at Hyukjae sideways, but his gaze held no heat. “Not here. And take a few steps back, will ya? Where am I going to go?” He gestures with one hand at the congested subway car.

 

Relenting slightly, Hyukjae retreated just enough so that they were no longer touching; his forearms left the wall, but one hand drifted down Donghae’s side—causing the boy to shudder—and rested on the brunette’s hip. Donghae raised an eyebrow. Hyukjae removed his hand.

 

“What is up with you?” Donghae questioned in an irritated tone, crossing his arms and turning so that his back was to the people standing in front of the door. “You’re being awfully territorial.”

 

Hyukjae didn’t respond, only shoved his hands into his pockets and shrugged. The train rocked as it came to a stop. Caught off guard, Donghae nearly fell backwards with the motion because he wasn’t holding on to anything, but Hyukjae grabbed his wrist and pulled him upright.

 

When the older boy refused to release Donghae from his grasp, the brunette exhaled exasperatedly and yanked his arm free. The people around him jostled and pushed him aside to get off the subway. Hyukjae responded by pulling Donghae to his chest as a way to prevent his lover from being knocked over.

 

As more people boarded the car, Hyukjae and Donghae found themselves getting moved closer to the center of the narrow space. Struggling against the strawberry-blonde, Donghae grabbed Hyukjae by his collar.

 

“Lee Hyukjae, what the hell is wrong with you? I’m a guy. I’m eighteen, and I don’t need you hovering over me 24/7 like my mother. Just because we’re dating, it doesn’t mean that you get to be the possessive boyfriend.”

 

“I don’t see why you’re making such a big deal, Donghae. The subway is crowded tonight. I don’t want to get separated.”

 

“Well I want you to leave me alone!” the brunette hissed with finality. He pushed Hyukjae away and weaved between several patrons to stand back in his original spot near the door. He crossed his arms over his chest and grit his teeth. His face was hot, his ears red. Nervously, Donghae glanced among the other passengers to see if anyone had witnessed their conversation. No one seemed to care.

 

He was still new to this whole dating thing. He and Hyukjae finally confessed their feelings for one another just a few months ago after over ten years of being friends and neighbors. The older boy had always been protective of Donghae: picking fights with bullies for him, bandaging his scraped knees, putting himself between Donghae and others when he sensed something was wrong….

 

Donghae lurched with the train as it came to another stop. Steadying himself by grabbing onto the pole of the row of seats beside him, he made eye contact with a middle-aged man with graying hair and glasses whom he recognized from when he and Hyukjae first stepped on the train. He had been behind them at the same stop. Donghae smiled politely before looking away, catching Hyukjae’s watchful eye from the center of the car.

 

The man stood up and moved as if he was about to exit the subway when he stopped and stood next to Donghae. The doors closed, and they resumed their ride.

 

Donghae was suddenly hyper aware of his surroundings. He turned his eyes to the floor adjacent to his sneakers, away from the man. His skin crawled as an uneasy aura surrounded him. He chanced a quick glance at Hyukjae, but the latter had put his headphones in and was shuffling through his iPhone. As soon as Donghae dropped his gaze, Hyukjae fixated his eyes on his boyfriend.

 

Swallowing the lump that had formed in his throat, the brunette shuffled away from the man who was still standing beside him and now staring at him as well. When the man encroached a little bit closer, Donghae confirmed his suspicions. He was about to call out for Hyukjae when the man pretended that someone had bumped him from behind and gracefully fell at Donghae. One of his arms stretched out behind the boy. Donghae jumped as a hand touched his lower back, sinking until it grazed his . He froze, mouth parted in a silent gasp.

 

He was getting felt up by a ert on the subway!

 

“I’m sorry,” the man apologized coyly.

 

His breath smelled sour like he had drank too much alcohol after work. His hand kneaded at Donghae’s behind, the latter’s bottom lip quivering. Tears springing to his eyes, he tried to move away but there wasn’t enough room. The man chuckled lowly at Donghae’s failed attempt to escape and brought his other hand over to the boy’s crotch, but a commotion behind them kept him from actually touching.

 

Hyukjae was suddenly there, eyes flashing murderously. He snatched the man’s grubby hands from his boyfriend’s body and squeezed his wrists hard enough to pop the joints.

 

“Hands off! He’s mine,” he growled. His voice was low and tamed, but his message was clear. He cornered Donghae back further behind him, shielding him from the ert.

 

Several other passengers were now watching the scene unfold before them. Two nearby women glanced between Hyukjae and Donghae and began whispering. Not caring about anyone else but his boyfriend, the blonde dropped the man’s wrists and turned back to face his lover.

 

Donghae looked like he was about to say something, but Hyukjae cut off his thoughts by caressing the brunette’s cheek and smiling. At the next stop, Hyukjae took Donghae by the hand and all but dragged him off the subway. Once they were on the platform, the older boy made sure that the man wasn’t still following them before stopping and pushing Donghae into an alcove in the wall.

 

He gripped Donghae’s hair between his fingers and slotted their mouths together in a filthy kiss. He and nipped at the younger’s bottom lip until Donghae melted against him and returned the kiss. He curled his fingers around Hyukjae’s belt loops.

 

After a few minutes, their frantic kisses slowed to lazy ones. Donghae broke their connection first, breathing heavily. Glancing up at Hyukjae through his lashes, he cupped the latter’s jawline in both hands.

 

“You knew,” he acknowledged, fully meeting Hyukjae’s intense gaze. “You knew the whole time that that guy was following me. Why didn’t you say something?”

 

Hyukjae shrugged, his fingers playing with the hair at Donghae’s nape. “I didn’t want you to panic and make a scene. I know how you get.”

 

“And barging through a bunch of people and yanking some guy’s hands off me while declaring to the whole subway car that we’re dating isn’t making a scene?”

 

Hyukjae smiled sheepishly.

 

“Sometimes I wonder how we ended up together.”

 

“You love me,” the blonde stated matter-of-factly.

 

“You bet I do. You and your stupid, possessive habits.”

 

“Hey, you can’t blame me, right? You’re kind of beautiful and stuff, so I have to make sure everyone knows that you’re mine and I’m yours.” He steals another kiss. “But mostly that you’re mine.”

 

“You could always put a ring on it someday,” Donghae teases. “Then there’d be no debate as to who I belong to.”

 

He takes one look at Hyukjae’s face, and his heart starts beating against his ribcage rapidly because he can tell.

 

Hyukjae’s seriously considering it.

 

***

A/N: Hoorah! One more prompt done! I hope it was okay! I’m taking a short break this week to focus on midterms! Please leave more prompts on my blog!