Chapter 7 Denial Stage

I Might Fall

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Should I feel this way? He's nothing. We met just 2 days ago. So it does not mean anything. Period!" she came out of the room while wiping her tears. And then her bestfriend saw her. KM over reacted when she saw her bestfriend. "Bea, what's wrong? What happened? Did someone hurt you?" he said, then he hugged his bestfriend. "Ang OA mo naman! Wala to. Its just dust caught in my eye." she forced herself to laugh.

 

Bea sat on the bench alone. She's reading a magazine then something caught her eye. An article. And its about love.

 

"So much for moving on. Do I have to go through this again. Im not in love, so why bother reading it" she told herself. But, she found herself reading the article. "sometimes, you'll never know it until it hits you in the face. Ano to bola?" she told herself after reading. Then she continued reading, "in love, the more you deny it, the worst it gets for your half. Instead of denying it, its better to embrace the truth so you wont hurt yourself from deep within." then she stopped reading. "puro kalokohan naman to! Dyan ka na nga!" she left leaving the magazine on the bench.

Jhake spotted the magazine, he's wondering why is Bea reading those kind of magazines. "anong nakain nya at nagbabasa sya ng ganitong magazine, akala ko tibo ung babaeng un." then he grabbed the magazine and put it in he's bag. "Mukhang naiwan to ni Ms. Sungit. Masauli nga to sa kanya." he added.

 

*on the hallway

 

Jhake spotted Bea going to her locker.

 

"Bea, you forgot this!" he shouted. "What?" she replied. Then Jhake walked to Bea and handed out the magazine. And--- electricity flow through Bea's body, she felt the sparks. Bea suddenly let go of the magazine, the magazine fell on the floor. Bea quickly ran off. And that leaves Jhake wondering. "What the? Anong problema nya?" he told himself.

 

*on the classroom

 

"What's the matter with you? Are you okay? Why do you always give me the cold shoulders?" he said in a low tone voice.To prevent him from being caught.

 

"Can you please shut up! Stay away from me!" she shouted. Then the teacher heard her. "Ms. Binene, if you dont want to learn, the door is widely open, and you can step out." she said while pointing to the door. "Im sorry Ma'am. Wont happen again." she apologized.

 

Bea continued snobbing Jhake. So she can focus. For her, this 3rd year life is the worst. She never expected that her last two years in high school would be the worst.

 

*on the canteen

 

Bea together with her friends Tina, Ziel and KM ate their lunch. Her friends noticed that Bea isn't in her normal self. The one they can joke around. They can't see the glow of Bea's smile when she fool around and laugh the hardest. But her friends cant take it anymore. "Uy! Napano ka? Kanina pa tayo magkasama pero di mo naman kami pinapansin." Tina said. "Oo nga. Di maipinta yan face mo sis. Kakahawa yang bad aura mo." Ziel added. "Why dont you give yourself a break Tabs, magpahinga ka muna. Pagod lang yan. Wag ka munang magpractice sa soccer and i'll excuse you on your detention. I'll take care of it just rest." KM said. He's worried about what's happening. He never saw his bestfriend like that, like no life. "Guys, salamat sa concern. Pero okay lang ako, siguro stress lang to. Dami ko na kasing iniisip." Bea replied to them. "Sige na. Umuwi ka na. Pahinga ka ha." the three said chorusly.

 

*on the classroom

 

Jhake noticed that his seatmate's missing. He kept on looking for Bea. And he doesnt know what happened to her. Its like, his day isn't complete without her.

 

-o-o-

Jhake, what's this? Are you feeling something for Bea?!