5

|• Sleeping Sun •|

|||

 

Junhyung sat up. He was in his log house again. His cot was drenched in sweat and his forehead had a wet towel on it. He turned to the side and saw Hyosung asleep on the chair.

 

“So it was all a dream, huh?” He muttered under his breath. He looked out the window. It was morning, the sun was high in the sky and the snow glittered.

 

“Oh Junhyung, you’re awake!” hyosung squealed. Junhyung hugged her. His smiled twisted into a frown, however when she said that he was asleep for a week.

 

“Really?” He said. Something seemed to nag at him from the back of his head. Oh! That boy’s book was due today!

 

“Hyosung... I’m sorry but... Our relationship isn’t going to work out...”

 

She nodded, a smile gracing her lips. “I know. I heard you talking in your sleep about someone. I want to let you go now, Junhyung.”

 

Junhyung hugged her tightly. “Thank you,” He whispered.

 

He left his home, running through the busy streets, his coat not even buttoned.

 

He unlocked the library door and ran inside, getting everything ready.

 

Soon, at noon, the door opened to reveal Yoseob, in his black cloak. Junhyung looked up from his book and ran to the boy immediately.

 

“Yoseob!” He whispered, hugging him tightly.

 

“I’m glad you remember...” Yoseob whispered back. Junhyung chuckled and kissed Yoseob’s soft lips once more.

 

“How can I forget that...adventure?” He replied. Yoseob gave him the book that was due.

 

“why did you borrow this?” He asked Yoseob.

 

“Well... He is my father.” He replied.

 

“Oh. Right.” Junhyung returned the book. Yoseob seemed to be fine. His nails were normal in color and his eyes sparkled with a bit more passion. He looked like a newborn bunny. Yoseob sat in Junhyung’s chair and looked through the book that was layed there, forgotten.

 

“Junhyung, I have a book for you.”

 

Junhyung returned immediately. “Really?”

 

Yoseob handed him a beautifully decorated book, which he took out from his cloak pocket. It was red with gold plated bindings. He opened the book and turned to the first page.

 

A smile graced his lips. It was their adventure. The drawings were accurate and beautifully drawn.

 

“Did you make this?”

 

Yoseob nodded with a laugh.

 

“It’s not the best, but I want you to always and forever remember our adventure...”

 

Junhyung laughed and engulfed the boy into a tight, loving hug.

 

“I love you...” He said out loud. Yoseob smiled and a choked, happy sob escaped his lips. Junhyung’s shoulder becmae wet with tears.

 

“I love you too...”

 

|||

 

T H E   E N D

 

 

 

*** This story is dedicated to Leilani; my best friend, my buddy, my inspiration. ***

[chokes on the cheesiness]