4

|• Sleeping Sun •|

|||

 

Yoseob healed Junhyung up for a week, the visits of the Dragon were frequent. But no matter how frequent they were, Yoseob still shook in fear.

 

Junhyung held him during those times, and helped his kidnapper sleep after the hours of ruckus made by that monstrous thing.

 

“It’s alright.” He would tell the shaking boy. He didn’t know if Yoseob believed his words or if he was just trying to make things better, but his crying would become softer until he stopped altogether, falling in a fitfull tiring sleep, where Junhyung held him through his nightmares.

 

Yoseob talked little ever since Junhyung saw his fragile side. He was a deep person, a Junhyung learned soon after, and he was a huge softie at heart.

 

“Here... We’re going tomorrow.” Yoseob said nonchalantly as he passed Junhyung the food. Junhyung knew that Yoseob was anything but calm inside; his hands were trembling slightly.

 

“Today? Are you ready?” Junhyung asked after swalloing his food.

 

Yoseob nodded quickly. He smiled a bit, then returned to his own food.

 

“I hope this goes by quickly.” Yoseob began, when they had finished eating. “Because I want sunlight.”

 

Junhyung passed him the dirty dishes. A thought flashed across his mind; a thought that he had buried to what seemed like a long time ago. Where was the sun?

 

Yoseob was pale as a ghost, the only color on his face was the pink on his lips. Other that that, when Yoseob didn’t move, he looked like a black and white painting. A beautiful one.

 

 

When the time came, Yoseob fitted Junhyung with a suit of silver armor. It was the result of Yoseob’s work for the fast few...days? weeks? It fitted perfectly and felt really light. Yoseob gently smoothed Junhyung’s hair and stared at him, his cheeks a soft pink color. It made Yoseob even more beautiful, adding color to his pale face. It made Junhyung happy.

 

“You’re beautiful...” Junhyung muttered. Yoseob blushed an even darker shade of pink, making junhyung unable to control himself. He cupped Yoseob’s face and kissed him full on the lips. He let his lips stay onto Yoseob’s for a moment, because it felt so right. It felt so good, he didn’t want it to stop. Yoseob was surpised but closed his eyes in response, loving the feeling of Junhyung on him.

 

The sweetness lingered between them long after that chaste kiss. It lingered between them as they walked out of the cave together for the first time. There was so sun, it was hiding. It was sleeping.

 

The sweetness lingered on their lips as the dragon flew low upon them.

 

That same sweetness lingered as Junhyung slayed that dragon. He slit its throat and it became a black smoke that soon disappeared.

 

And it lingered between them when the first rays of an awakened sunrise touched their hungry skin; and when they let their sweet lips connect together, celebrating the awakened, sleeping sun.

 

|||