Chapter 1

A Promise (Full Fic)

"Gege, where are you?" I questioned my phone as I checked the time again.

Kris, as he was now called, was 10 minutes late picking me up. I had called him when I'd first arrived, a good 15 minutes ago, and he had told me it would only be 3 minutes. 'What the hell! Is he getting a from his boyfriend or something?' I thought angrily as I sat down on my suitcase.

It was my second year at university and I had decided to live with my brother instead of on campus...okay, more like forced to, but I was regretting the decision at this moment either way. The only reason I agreed to this was because I had transferred Universities over the summer and my parents didn't want me staying on campus. Not due to anything I'd done...in my views...but becasue they were waaayy too controlling. I got into a bit of trouble, according to my father, during the summmer semester here. So my options were living on campus, at a Uni in China, or living with my brother and go to Uni here. I chose the latter, for three reasons:

1) To b e as far away from my parents as possible.

2) I had made a friend over the summer: Jihae. I wasn't really good at making, or keeping, friends and never had been. 

and 3) Oh Sehun! The sweetest, most amazing guy I had met since my childhood crush.

Sehun and Jihae are childhood friends. When Jihae introduced us, I knew I liked him. A week later we were dating. I was supposed to be meeting them after I was done unpacking, but that didn't seem as if it were happening. It had been two weeks since I'd seen my friends. I frowned when finally a car pulled up, the passenger window rolled down.

"Can I help you?" I asked the stranger.

"You can put your things in the back and hurry up. I got places to be, Xiao Long," the stranger smiled at me.

I sputtered, "H...Han? As in...Lu Han?"

"The one and the same. Your brothers are stuck at work, so Kris asked if I'd come get you," he replied.

"Thanks Xiao Lu," I smiled back as I put my things in the back and climbed into the passengers seat.

"So how have you been Luhan?" I asked.

"Good, I suppose. How about you?" he asked back.

"Eeh, the usual. Dealing with mom and dad...and Kris. So why are you in Korea?" 

"Dad set up a small company over here and sent me to run it," Luhan explained.

"Big business man huh?" I asked.

He grimaced, "Not really. It's only a small setup."

I rolled my eyes, "I've known your father since I was two, Luhan. When it comes to business, small is not in his vocabulary."

He scoffed, "You still act the same, a little know it all."

I stuck my tongue out. I caught the side glance he threw my way and grinned.

"So I heard you got into some trouble over the summer. What was that about?" he asked.

I sighed, "It's nothing. Dad is just pissed that I started dating a boy from here. His name is Sehun. He's my bestfriend's neighbor. She's known him her whole life and introduced us, which reminds me, I have to text Jihae."

"So you have a boyfriend?" he asked smirking as I texted my friends.

I nodded, "Yep. He's the first guy I've liked since you."

"Since me?" he replied and I realized what I'd actually said, "So I'm the only guy you've like in 19 years?"

"Well...I've known you for at least 17 of those years and you were the first oby I met besides my brother and dad. It's perfectly logical for me to have a crush on you. But yeah, I've never found a guy who could compare t you...that is, until I met Sehun. He reminds me of you," I reasoned.

"Hmm..." was all he replied as we pulled up to an apartment that I assumed was Kris and Tao's.

I got out and grabbed my bag. Luhan came around to my side and grabbed my suitcase. He started up to the building and I just stood there. He paused when he realized I wasn't following and turned around.

"Are you coming?" he asked.

I nodded, "You know I can carry my suitcase."

"I know, but I've got it. Now come on," he said as he began walking again.

"Thank you Gege," I replied following him up the stairs and to a door labeled with the number 18.

Luhan sat my suitcase down and pulled a key out of his pocket. He unlocked the door, picked up my suitcase, and walked in.

"This is the living room, as you can tell," Luhan said and continued walking down a hallway, "To your left is Kris and Tao's room. Across from it is the guest room , thatI occasionally occupy. Down a bit on the left is the bathroom and across from that," we stopped at a door at the end of the hall that had a silver plaque on it, "is your room."

He opened said door and walked in, setting my suitcase by the bed. I put my bag on the desk in front of the window. It was a simple room, decorated with silver accents. Opposite the bed was a small vanity. I turned around as Luhan closed the door.

"What are you doing," I asked.

He just pointed to the back of the door. There was a collage of pictures and posters plastered on it. I stepped closer to examine them. There were posters of my favorite Korean, Chinese, and Japanese gorups. What I was really surprised at was the largest photo in the middle. It was back when I was younger, when we lived in China. Kris was at one end and Yixing at the other. Luhan and I were in the middle, hands clasped together.

"I can't believe that. This picture is sooo old," I replied grinning.

Luhan laughed, "Yeah and now we are all back together...with a few additions."

I looked quizzacaly at him, "How?"

"Oh, Yixing is here to. He actually lives upstairs in apartment 21."

"Really? So we all grew up in China together, but ended up here in Korea? That's like fate or some ," I laughed.

He nodded as he moved over to the bed after opening the door again. He opened my suitcase and I suddenly rememebered something. I spun around, searhing the room.

"Hey, where are my other things?"

"Tao is supposed to be bringing them when he comes home. They arrived last night and he picked them up this morning before work," Luhan replied as he took some of my shirts to the closet and started hanging them up.

I walked over and put a hand on his, "You don't have to help me unpack Gege. I can do it myself later."

"Are you sure?" he asked, quickly removing his hand from beneath mine and looking away.

"Yep. I'm starving so show me to the kitchen, Oh Wise One," I replied grinning, attempting to diffuse the suddenly strange air around Luhan.

As soon as it had appeared, it was gone. Luhan grinned back and headed out. I followed, the worry over the change disappearing at the thought of food. We entered the kitchen and Luhan headed to the fridge. He pulled out a container and sat it on the counter.

"What is it?" I questioned.

"Your favorite," he replied.

"Chao ma shi?" I asked, grabbing the container and opening it, "AWESOME!!"

"Tao got a friend of his to make it for you," Luhan said.

I swallowed the spoonful I had shoved in my mouth before speaking, "Nice, I'll have to thank him when he gets home."

"They should be back soon. I have to get back to work, will you be alright by yourself?" he asked.

I nodded, "Jihae is coming by so I won't be alone."

He gave a curt nod, "Alright, I'll see you later."

He opened the back door and left as I heard a knock on the front door.

"I didn't know there was a back door," I muttered as I went to answer the front door.

Jihae was standing there, smiling, with Sehun behind her.

"Hi guys," I said as I let them in, happily surprised at Sehun's appeareance.