02 The Boy In The Cage

Together

 

We both stayed there for who knows how long before the mysterious guy turned to look at me again, he was surprised and startled a little when he saw me, he expected me to go on with my brother. He slowly crawled closer to me and stopped when he was some distance away from the metal pillars that separate me and him, I swore my heart stopped for a moment when he stared at me with his sinfully mysterious yet lovely doe eyes.
 


"You are scared aren't you?" I spoke, feeling a little happy when the masked man slowly nodded his head at me. This mysterious person irked me to no end, why was he wearing a mask? Why was he trapped in this huge cage alone? Why was his leg chained to an iron ball?
 


"I won't hurt you..... " I continued as we looked at each other. I had this strange feeling of wanting to see who this masked person was, who exactly was this strange poor person with beautiful eyes trapped in this large cage. My curiosity grew with this quiet man as I slipped my hand through the metal cage and it moved close to the man's face, almost touching his face. I wanted to feel the man, wondering who was beneath the black mask. To my dismay, he noticed my hand nearing his mask and backed away, shaking his head almost violently at me. My face fell as he moved further away from me, looking at me with his frightened doe eyes as if I was a beast, as if I was a bad person who was going to hurt him.
 


"I-I won't hurt you, I'm sorry... I wanted to see who are you behind that mask that's all. I'm sorry..." I saw something flashing in his pretty eyes after I spoke- a little glinted of happiness in his eyes- as he blinked at me, his small hands placed conveniently at his sides. He scooted a little towards me, slowly lifting a finger delicately to something behind me. I turned around, surprised to see the poster I saw earlier and it clicked in my mind- this was the 'mysterious monster' the man was talking about earlier. I faced him again, pointing to the old tattered posters laying on the floor behind me.

 

"You are him?"



"You're the mysterious boy that everyone is talking about?" Zelo gasped as he nodded quickly with his eyes looking at the ground, not wanting to look at me. I glanced to Zelo before my lips, eyes focused onto the sad-looking man.

 

"G-Get a-away from me..." My eyes widened, watching him trying to move away from us and further into his tiny cage.
 


"W-What's your name? You can speak right?" He slowly looked up at me, nodding his head slightly.
 


"I-I can speak" His voice was muffled yet I still could hear him."G-Get away"

 

"I am Daehyun"" I replied, tilting my head as he slowly straightened himself up. He blinked at me before taking a deep breath.

 
"M-My name is Y-Youngjae..." He spoke softly and I smiled, his eyes darted to the ground instantly after stating his name to me. He was shy, making him look cute in my eyes.

 

"I'm Zelo~" Zelo bowed and accidentally hit his head onto the metal cage, making a clanking sound. I rubbed his head, sighing at this clumsy brother of mine yet I heard a soft chuckle from the person in the cage. I could feel this little warmth inside from hearing the cute laughter and I was sure Zelo felt it too as he smiled sheepishly at him. His chuckle sounded cute and his eyes were curled up into small crescents, indicating he was really laughing at Zelo's cute mistake.

 

 

Pretty.
 

 

"Are you alright Zelo?" Zelo nodded, clearly happy that he was able to make the person laugh. He stopped laughing and his eyes were open again, letting me look into his eyes.

"You have such lovely eyes Youngjae..." Youngjae stared at me with wide eyes like he was very surprised by my compliment. I leaned forward, my hand slipping into the cage and gently held his left cheeks, feeling the soft fabric of the mask underneath my fingertips. Youngjae didn't move nor react when I touched him but he shook his head again, trying to remove my hand from his mask.

 


"T-Thank you but.... you guys can't be here .S-Stay away from me... Y-You need to leave..." We didn't follow what he said and he turned to us, his eyes were almost watering."W-Why are you t-two still here?"
 


"I-I just wanted to know you..." I answered him, only to have him shaking his head vigorously at me with his sad eyes piercing through my heart.
 


"Y-You don't want to know me.. .. N-No one wants to... They don't like me...."
 


"Don't say that..." Zelo said, smiling sadly at him.
 


"They misunderstood you..."
 


"But I do want to know you..." I spoke up, getting Zelo's attention on me.
 


"N-No, they said I look ugly, horrible and I am a mistake. It was wrong for me to be born into this world. I-I am very different from you Daehyun and Zelo... y-you don't want to be involved with me"
 


"Try me" I spoke confidently."Take off your mask, let me see how ugly you are-"
 


"Daehyun?! Zelo?!"The moustachioed man with a top hat and red fancy suit opened the tent and saw me in front of the cage, glaring at me before pulling me up forcefully and away from the cage.

 

"No! I want to talk to him-"

 

"No Daehyun! Zelo you come out too! Now!" I casted a glance at Youngjae, my heart sinking as he kept his eye on me, his eyes turning glassy and teary when I was kicked out of the tent. Zelo ran out, hiding behind me while the man talked to us.

 

"Mr Kang, you don't have to force us out like that!" I frowned at him, folding my arms as he sighed at me.
 


"Daehyun, Zelo... I'm sorry. You are not suppose to be in the tents and near it...But I let you off for now since I told your father about you two coming here,he was disappointed but he lets you two to come here... And I see you met it" The clown gestured disgustedly at the tent as I glared at him, wondering why he describe Youngjae as 'it'. Zelo frowned at him and folded his arms.
 


"Stay away from him, he is not like anyone you see in this town. That boy is ugly to your people here in Mato"
 


"You can't say that...-"
 


"You will see later on... I am warning you two to not  let yourself get so over protective because that guy, he is a mutated person. Nobody looks like him, everyone even the pretty girls thinks he's ugly. What's wrong with you? You haven't even seen his face, he's different from us Daehyun, odd. You two are really important to this country....be careful  especially you.... Daehyun...."
 


 I stormed off away from the man, running towards the huge yellow tent with Zelo sprinting next to me. It was really packed, but we were lucky enough to find two seats right beside each other and settled down among the heavy mass of people. Zelo was looking worriedly at me as I let out a loud sigh and ruffled my hair. I sighed, finding myself looking at the mass of happy people cheering away as they started the circus. I didn't feel like seeing the circus anymore-my thoughts always seemed to go back to the mysterious man in the cage we met earlier and my father's friends words.
 


Was there really something wrong with the way Youngjae look like?
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Now you" The man spoke harshly to Youngjae who cowered in response.

"Time for you to get ready hmm?" Youngjae whimpered, hearing a clanking sound when he saw the whip the man was hiding behind him whipped the cage. He felt tears welling up in his eyes.

"P-Please don't-"


"Shut up! You imbecile! Do you remember us telling you cannot talk to strangers Youngjae-ah?" Youngjae nodded, trembling as the man whipped his cage again. He closed his eyes, startled when the man slammed his whip against the cage two more times.

 

"I-I am sorry..T-They came here , I-I didn't k-know they w-would come-"

 

"Don't do it again..." Youngjae whimpered in response, nodding his head again.

"Good boy...and now it's almost time for the show to start....." The man smirked at him trembling in the cage.

 

 

 

"Our little money maker"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Note:

Another update:-;

Well,hope you like it! Please comment if you want to or like this update hehe^^

The short updates would be delayed for the next chapter because I will be busy and tired the next few days;-; please wait for me and please don't be surprised to see a long chapter >~

love ya~~~