Prologue

Together

 

 
The seven-year old son of the great King of Mato sat quietly at his room, reading through the books that his father had so kindly given him. He flipped through the pages, looking at the pictures of his father being victorious after defeating his notorious enemies, his father helping the poor out with a sincere heart. His eyes brightened with glee, his father had become his role model, his idol.
 
 
He heard from his take carer that his father would be going to meetings to help make Mato a better country and was known as a great and noble King by the people. Everyone respected him, listened to his orders and followed them obediently. No one ever opposed the great King Sukjin. The prince smiled, wanting Jaesuk to tell more of the stories to him and his brother Zelo who was also looking up to his father. Both of them really wanted to be like their great caring father.
 
 
He wanted to see his father who was at home, he would be at the Council House if he was not at home. The prince put away his books and came running out of his room, towards the hallway, only to see his father was with some poor man with old and dirty clothes that looked like it hadn't been wash for days , kneeling before him. He hid behind the door, looking on at the man and his father and the forlorn guards behind the man.
 
 
"King Sukjin, your majesty, I-"
 
 
"Away with you outcast, you don't deserve to be living in my land." Daehyun blinked, looking on at the brown haired man with milky white skin. He could see the man crying before his father- he pitied the poor man.
 
 
"Please, I have nowhere else to go! I-"
 
 
"You're weak, and you're an outcast. As the ruler of Mato, we don't welcome outcasts into our city. Please leave, or you could work here as entertainers for us? But I see that you have an injured leg..." He pointed at his feet and held up a hand to slap the man. Daehyun backed away, feeling worried for the crippled man who sobbed harder.
 
 
"Y-Your highness"
 
 
"Leave outcast, before we kill you. Work here or leave..." 
 
 
"But-"
 
 
"If you do not wish to work, please, let my guards led you the way out" The King whispered to his guards ear and turned to see Daehyun staring at them, looking at the man with sympathy in his eyes. He asked the guard to bring the man away, smiling at the man being whacked and kicked to leave his palace. 
 
 
"Daehyun? Son?" Daehyun saw his father calling for him and rushed to him, looking at the poor man getting kick and hit until he was out of the palace grounds.
 
 
"D-Dad... W-why is he being treated so badly? You would never be so mean and bad to anyone..." The king sighed, smiling at his son.
 
 
"Daehyun, that man isn't anyone. He's an outcast which is?"
 
 
"Someone who isn't of our kind, who doesn't look like us" Daehyun answered him obediently and felt his father hugging him, his heart falling as he thought of the poor man. What would be become of him? Even though he is different, he was technically a human-like them.
 
 
"B-But what about that man dad? He needed help..." The father pulled Daehyun away, looking at him straight in the eye.
 
 
"An outcast is an outcast. They are not like us,they are weaker and this proves them being vulnerable, weeping and coming to me for help. They are different, and we are not the same. We are the Mato people, who was far more superior than them" Daehyun nodded at his father, taking in what he had said.
 
 
"But dad, they're-"
 
 
"Daehyun, you can't feel anything for them. If anything, you must feel you far better than them. In looks, intelligence. We're are not suppose to look up to them, we're not suppose to help them at all , they are weak..." Daehyun nodded again, smiling as his father ruffled his hair.
 
 
"Okay now, I need to go off for some meeting"
 
 
"Okay dad!"
 
 
 Daehyun smiled brightly at him, waving him off as he left to meet the town chiefs who had gathered patiently at the meeting room in the palace for him. Daehyun watched his father majestically leave for the meeting before running after the crippled man who was taking beatings and blows from his bodyguards.
 
 
 He walked behind them quietly, watching how the man was smiley crawling out of his palace and the guards showing no mercy in hitting and bashing him until he got out of the palace's grounds. Daehyun felt worried for the man and almost tripped over a small rock as he trailed them secretly, letting out a soft gasp getting the attention of the two guards and the poor outcast.
 
 
"Your Majesty, I suggest you go back inside" Yoo Jaesuk, Daehyun's wise take carer spoke up, bowing to him with respect.
 
 
"B-But this man...." He blinked at the outcast.
 
 
"W-What would happen to him? He wouldn't die right hyung?" Jaesuk gave the other bodyguard a quick glance before smiling at the young prince.
 
 
"He has to get out, that is what your father orders"
 
 
"But his leg is injured... And he needed help" Jaesuk petted his head, his eyes caught the younger brother of the prince playing around alone at the hallway which was a short distance away from the palace's gates.
 
 
"There's prince Zelo over there. Go on and play with him, don't need to worry about this outcast. "Daehyun turned to Zelo and looked back at the outcast.
 
 
"But Z-Zelo would want to help the man too-"
 
 
"It looks like he wants someone to play with him"
 
 
"B-But he-"
 
 
"Look at your brother, young prince"
 
 
 Jaesuk insisted, watching the young prince pouting to his toy car at the hallway. He chuckled at Daehyun, who gave a smug look at his brother before smiling to his dear advisor. The smile on his face indicated he agreed with Jaesuk but his smile fell looking at the only man on the floor.
 
 
"But... what about him Jaesuk hyung?"
 
 
"He would be alright, don't worry about him okay? Now I could take you to your brother to play with him" Daehyun blinked, nodding at Jaesuk before smiling at the outcast. He gave him a small wave and was glad to see the outcast giving him a weak smile in return as Jaesuk pushed him away from the outcast and towards the palace.
 
 
"He would be alright right hyung?" Daehyun asked again as Jaesuk turned his body around, making him face the palace. 
 
 
"Of course he would be, your Majesty"
 
 
Daehyun ,satisfied with the answer, dashed off to Zelo, laughing as he knocked the both of them down to the floor. Zelo laughed, hitting his brother playfully as Daehyun giggled and tried to dodge his hits.
 
 
"Yah, is Zelo upset that no one wants to play with him?" Zelo nodded, smiling as he held up his toy car to his older brother.
 
 
"Play with me hyung! I want to be the hero!" Zelo placed his hands on his hips and posed like how Superman would, with his head turned to the side trying to look cool. Daehyun laughed, ruffling his hair. 
 
 
"Okay okay, hyung will play with you" Zelo cheered and hugged his brother.
 
 
"Yay! Hyung would be the villain!"
 
 
"This kid!"
 
 
Jaesuk sat down in front of the two , he couldn't stop smiling at how carefree and playful the kids were. He knew the two of them were not like their father, wanting to help people and save their lives. The boys were like little angels to him, having to grow up without a mother and with him, they were well-behaved and selfless people. Jaesuk sighed as he recalled about the man who had an injured leg, the one prince Daehyun was worried about. He looked at the two young brothers playing in front of him with a sad smile. Jaesuk stood up, walking towards the palace's gates, looking at the guard in red before closing the gates with heavy heart.
 
 
"I am sorry I lied your Majesty" He muttered to himself, joining the two boys in the palace.
 
 
The outcast Daehyun thought would be alright was lying some feet in front of the palace gates, in pool of blood with a small smile on his face and a bodyguard of the Mato king next to him with a bloodied sharp knife, whispering his last words softly to the world.
 
 
 
 
 
"Goodbye the young kind prince of Mato"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Note:
a short prologue>.<
I am sorry, I meant to put this up earlier;-;
hope you like it!^^
hehhehe>~<
Thank you for reading;-;
you don't know how grateful I am;-;