Two

Don't Hate The Unicorn

 

“…

… …

… Kris?” Lay finally spoke up after minutes of trailing beside the elder in pure silence. Done for the day, they were now on their way to the taller’s apartment.

Seconds after Kris revealed to the younger that his stepbrother might in fact be a homoual; Kris brought the conversation to a halt and snuck into an empty shower cubicle.

Kris didn’t even explain anything to him. He voiced his thoughts and ran off, leaving a blushing Lay in the dust as the younger fled into an abandoned shower cubicle in the very back of the room.

Minutes later and here they were. Their hands stuffed inside their pockets, their hair damp, and their muscles sore as they walked to the blonde’s apartment; in complete utter silence.

“Hmm?” Kris hummed in response, his eyes looking straight forward.

Albeit, Lay was nervous, he didn’t really know how Kris felt about gays since they’ve never really discussed the topic before.

“Why do you think Luhan is gay?” He asked, his palms sweaty as let out a nervous breathe.

Kris shrugged his shoulders, not bothering to make eye contact as he lead them into a narrow alleyway.  “I just think he is.” He replied.

“But why?” Lay pressed, that wasn’t a good enough answer, he thought. Kris sighed before stopping to finally look at the brunette, straight in the eyes.

“Do you remember Oh Sehun?” He asked before Lay nodded. He kind of remembered the guy; Sehun was one year younger than him in Kris. He attended the same school too.

“What about him?”

Kris sighed “Luhan was talking to him a couple of weeks ago when he came to pick you up and...” He paused, eyeing the ends of the street, checking to see if the ghost was clear.

“…and?” Lay growing impatient before the elder continued.

“Luhan said Sehun had nice leg muscles.” He finally said. Lay blinking at the older boy with a confused expression on his face before mumbling a ‘what’?

Kris gaped “What do you mean ‘what’?! Didn’t you hear me the first time? I said, your brother tried seducing Sehun.”

Lay coughed “-w-what? Seduced? I thought he just said Sehun had nice leg muscles?” He asked, the elder rolling his eyes before explaining.

“Lay, what guy tells another guy that they have nice leg muscles? Luhan was obviously flirting with him. Sehun was probably just being nice not to say anything mean but c’mon, it was disgusting!” He exclaimed, Lay a bit taken aback from the choice of words as he felt a strange pang in his chest.

“Wait… are you telling me… Luhan wanted Sehun to kiss him?” Lay asked innocently, Kris rolling his eyes before they spotted the blonde’s apartment building from afar.

“I don’t know… kiss, , or even worse, .” He said whilst sticking his tongue out for emphasis.  Lay feeling a wave of sadness overcome him as he looked away from the blonde’s gaze.

“Oh, I didn’t even realize we’re here.” Kris said, stepping inside the entrance before looking back to find Lay not moving, almost as if he were stuck in place.

“Lay!” Kris yelled, getting the attention of the brunette.

“You coming or what?” He smiled, Lay’s heart fluttering for some pathetically odd reason before nodding.

“I’m coming…”

 

 

 

A couple of hours later, Kris and Lay were doing what they normally do during a weekend when one of them slept over. They’d immediately changed into comfier clothing and transform into couch potatoes.

Lay would sleep over at Kris’ so often that he already had a change of clothes ready whenever he visited. Kris would tie his hair back into a ponytail, replace his slacks with some loose fitting boxers and a wife-beater.  Lay, however, opted most of the time to wear a simple t-shirt and pajama bottoms.

It was nearing six and Lay remembered he needed to call his dad.

He got up from the couch before the elder asked him where he was going.

“I’m just gonna call my dad.” He replied before disappearing into the elder’s bedroom.

Kris’ bedroom was simple to say the least. He didn’t have very decorated walls, just plain white with one poster of Taeyon from Girls’ Generation. He had a wooden desk and shelves stacked to the side, filled with his favorite comic books. The one thing noticeable in the room though was his giant bed. It was a king sized bed, kind of pointless for one person to sleep in every night but since Lay slept over a lot, it was a lot better than sleeping on the floor.

Lay dialed the number before he heard the sound of his dad’s voice.

“Hey dad” Lay smiled, “just calling to say that I’m sleeping over at Kris’ tonight.”

He could practically hear the pout forming on his dad’s face in the other end of the line when he broke the man the bad news. The man, Kim Jaejoong, was in his forties and was currently whining like a little kid because he was looking forward to playing board games with his son.

“Xingie~ I thought tonight was family night? I even came home from work early.” He whined, Lay rolling his eyes though he did feel a tinsy amount of guilt.

“Sorry dad, I promise we’ll play Pictionary another night.” Lay replied as he heard more whines come out of the elder.

“But I brought home Chinese takeaway, your favorite!” Jaejoong bribed but it was no use. When Lay makes up his mind, it’s usually set in stone.

“Dad who are you talking to?” Luhan asked from the couch, watching his favorite show and he wasn’t alone.

“I’m talking to Xing; apparently he’s not coming home tonight… again.” He pouted before it was his son’s turn to start whining on the phone.

“Dad~ who are you talking to?” Lay asked, this conversation was taking too much of his time. Kris might think he’s doing something weird in his room.

“I’m talking to Luhan and his little friend”

“Dad his name is Sehun!” Luhan yelled as Sehun chuckled beside him, both boys watching a random animated movie, though they weren’t really paying attention to it.

“Dad, who is Luhan talking to?” Lay asked as he furrowed his brows.

“I think his name was Sehun, Oh Sehun.” He replied before Lay’s eyes widened to the size of his fists.

“Dad… does he go to my school?” He asked before he heard the inevitable.

“Ugh yeah, in fact, he’s only a year younger than you and Kris.”

*Knock “Lay, are you okay there?”

Lay gasped at the sudden noise before he accidentally dropped his phone. His dad’s voice could be heard as he stared into the door, his mind working on overdrive with the new-found information sinking in.

“Luhan’s gay…”

 

 


[A/N] Hi guys! So i'm back with a new chap and I'm not too happy with it but I wanted to update for you guys! So the gist it, Lay still doesn't know he's gay and there is going to be some pretty gay moments in the future to look out for that.

And the ammount of subbies I got from the last chap were amazing. Oh and do you LOVE the poster? I found it hilarious! XD anyway, Thank you so much and please up vote~ ^o^