One

Don't Hate The Unicorn

 

“Yah! Stop running!” Kris yelled as he stopped in the midst of his sprint before turning around to chase his best friend who stole the ball right from under his nose.

“No chance in hell Krissy” His best friend by the name of Zhang Yixing yelled back, though everyone else knows him as Lay. Kris being the only person in his life, other than his parents, that calls him by his real name.

“Xing… wait… let’s… take a five.” Kris said in between pants before dropping down on the cement floor. The sound of sneaker’s skidding and basketballs dribbling on the court made him feel at peace.

Lay smiled before joining the elder. Lying next to him on the ground, their bangs sticking to their foreheads, their tank tops drenched in sweat, as they stared into the high ceiling above them.

This was their usual routine every Friday. After a long week’s worth of studying monarchs and being bored to death over algorithms, they’d relax in a friendly game of basketball, one on one.

Though it would start of friendly, Lay was never the type to let his best friend beat him.

Which is why he’d win half the time, much to the elder’s dismay since he was the so-called “basketball prodigy”. Having been born a giant, Kris had always dreamt of playing basketball professionally.

Though he’d win “most” of the time, Lay would keep him on his toes, literally.

Lay was training to be a professional ballet dancer ever since he was nine. He was agile, fast and most importantly, had a better diet than Kris, whose meals consisted of him, a microwave, and a cup of ramen.

“You’re… cheating…” Kris heaved before shutting his eyes. Lay rolling his eyes before he smacked the elder’s belly, Kris groaning but smiling nonetheless.

“Am not, maybe you’re just to slow to run faster fatty.” He said before the elder widened his eyes in horror.

“Take that back!” He demanded before climbing on top of the younger, his knees on each side of the brunette’s hips as he held the other boy down.

“Never! What are you waiting for? Kill me already and please tell my parents I love them!” Lay dramatized before reciting his Hail Mary’s. Kris laughing due to his best friend’s antics before he began unmercifully tickling the younger’s armpits.

“Haha! Kris-ah! Stop! Oh!-kay you wIN!” Lay begged, both of them laughing uncaringly until they were interrupted by a stranger’s grunt.

Both men looking up to find Lay’s brother staring at them.

“Hey Lu” Lay smiled at his brother, Luhan shaking his head before directing his attention at the man on top of his adoptive sibling.

“What’s up Han” Kris said, getting up as he dusted himself off; Reaching his hand out for Lay to take before they were both side by side facing the biggest two-face in the entire school.

Luhan, aka, Lay’s overprotective Brother.

He may look like he was sent from above, his golden hair, his youthful face; his smile radiating rainbows and candy corns but deep down inside, everyone knew not to mess with him. Poor Victoria, if only she knew better.

“Since you two aren’t doing anything… um… important.” Luhan started as he raised his eyebrow at their tattered clothing and dirty knees.

He hated basketball, one of the many reasons why he doesn’t play it. That and his fingers are too delicate.

“Lay can we go home now?” Luhan asked, Lay seeming a bit unsure as he turned around to find his best friend looking at him intently.

“Actually Ge, Kris invited me to sleep over at his house tonight? Can I?” Lay asked, sounding like a child asking his mother to buy him candy that he knows isn’t healthy for him but wants to eat it anyways.

Luhan sighed before nodding “I guess that would be alright.” He said before turning around on the ball of his foot.

“Call me if you need anything and don’t forget to call dad to tell him where you are.” He said, waving goodbye before disappearing inside the sleek black sedan waiting for him by the driveway.

Luhan was rich, meaning Lay was rich but Lay didn’t really care. He liked walking with Kris to his place. He enjoyed it more than the stuffy leather seats of their car.

As soon as Luhan was out of their sigh, Kris crossed his arms. “Why do you always follow what he says?” He asked the brunette.

Lay shrugging his shoulders before retrieving his towel from his backpack, ready to hit the showers.

“He’s my older brother, what else am I supposed to do?” Lay asked, Kris choosing to ignore the question as he walked inside the locker room. Lay trailing right behind him as he could sense the elder’s uneasiness.

“Kris, what’s your problem with Lu anyways? Last time I checked, weren’t you guys like friends at one point?” He asked, Kris sighing as he started to undress, waving to the rest of the team, whom were not very pleased to find a ballerina breaching their territory.

But Kris was the captain, meaning, Kris was law.

“Isn’t it obvious Lay?” Kris asked as he removed his shorts before hooking his fingers around the garter of his underwear. Lay tilting his head in confusion.

“What’s obvious?” He asked, Kris sighing before pulling his underwear down to his ankles. Lay gulping at the sight before turning away.

“He’s gay!”

 

 


[A/N] Hi guys! So here's the first chap and it's not that long but I promise the next one will be longer! This only serves as a little taste to what's about to come next.*hint *hint. I still need to get a poster so I'll be poster shopping later lol.

Oh and OMG thank you so much to 43 subbies! and Freakin' 7 up votes! :D Mind blown, thank you guys so much and see you next update! <3