-Chapter Fourteen-

Angel and Devil

Chapter Fourteen

 

"Oppa..." Jaekyung started. 

Should I tell him? Or not?

"Actually, its nothing. I don't think I'm feeling well today." She said. Sehun looked at her worriedly, "Let me rest by your side." 

The both of them lay on the bed, silent. Jaekyung closed her eyes, forcing herself to sleep. 

She's acting really weird today... 

Sehun thought, frowning. 

~

"Lee Jaekyung." A voice boomed out of nowhere. 

Jaekyung looked around, it was a dark empty space. 

"Who are you?" She asked, not letting her guard down. 

"You need not know who I am, but I must tell you this. Sehun and you are not fated to be with each other." An evil laughter was heard. 

"But what about our previous life? We did love each other!" She shouted back. 

"What happened in the end? He died, remember?" 

Jaekyung gasped. She was lost for words, "Please stop this, all I ask for is to be with Sehun oppa, can't I? And who are you, reveal yourself." 

She waited for the reply but none was heard. 

"Answer me!" 

"I am Dae. The messenger of Hell." The voice said.

Jaekyung's eye widened.

Dae?! 

"You are a devil while Sehun is an angel. Devils and angels will never be together." Dae said.

"I am not a devil! I am a human, a mortal!" She screamed.

~

Jaekyung sat up. She sighed in relief. 

It was all just a dream.

Before returning to sleep, she felt something on her back. She stood up and walked to the mirror slowly. 

She gasped. In the mirror was a reflection of her with wings sprouted from her mid-back. It resembles that of an angel except that it was black. 

"This cannot be..." She mumbled. She was close to losing her sanity. 

"Jaekyung?" Sehun sat up from the bed and rubbed his eyes. Jaekyung was shocked and her wings immediately redrew. 

"O-oppa..." She said trying to sound as cheerful as ever. Sehun smiled at her. 

"Erm, I booked air tickets back to Seoul. We should start packing." Sehun nodded his head and went to his room. 

Jaekyung sighed, that was a close call. 

She stood up and realised that there was now a mark on her right wrist. 

What is this?

She touched it and realised, it was the mark of a devil. 

 

Kris was at the airport, he looked at his right wrist, there was a mark, it glowed red. 

Why is it glowing?

He was shocked, it never glowed before. Was this some sort of sign? 

Soon, he boarded the plane and headed back to Seoul, he is planning on renting an apartment because staying alone in his mansionette feels kind of lonely. 

 

That night, Jaekyung, Sehun, Luhan, Mr and Mrs Kim headed to the airport for their flight at 10PM. 

"Yeobo, we finally get to return to Korea after so long!" Mrs Kim exclaimed excitedly. 

Jaekyung was happy to be able to book a flight for her parents back to Seoul, it has been so long since they've got together. 

 

Kris arrived at Incheon Airport, he took a taxi to his mansionette for a rest before heading to his new apartment the next day. Before he fell asleep, he looked at the mark, it has stopped glowing. 

At last it has stopped. 

He sighed in relief.

 

Jaekyung and the rest arrived in Seoul at last. Suho was waiting at the pick up point with Chanyeol.

"Sehunnie! Welcome home!" Chanyeol said in his deep voice and embraced Sehun, who was as tall as him, tightly.

"Yah! Hyung!" Sehun whined and tried to wriggle out of Chanyeol's grip, but he could not. "Stop it or my girlfriend will get angry." Sehun whispered into Chanyeol's ear and he turned to look at Jaekyung. Sure enough, she was giving him a light glare. Chanyeol gulped and released Sehun almost immediately.

"Heh, sorry Mrs Oh." Chanyeol teased as he rubbed his nape.

Jaekyung's eyes widened.

Mrs Oh?! But... I'm– We are not– 

Chanyeol laughed, "Just kidding." 

"Are you guys done fooling around? We can't simply have Mr and Mrs Kim load the baggages, can we?" Suho said sternly to the two males. Sehun and Chanyeol saluted and started loading the baggages while giggling like schoolgirls. Jaekyung smiled at the sight of them, it was sweet to see them so close.

Mr and Mrs Kim sat in Suho's car while Jaekyung, Sehun and Luhan sat in Chanyeol's car.

"So how are the boys?" Luhan asked.

"Tao was pretty upset to not see Kris hyung. By the way, where is he?" Chanyeol asked, suddenly remembering about Kris.

Jaekyung who was sitting in the back seat, gulped. Her palms were beginning to get sweaty.

"Er, I'm not sure where he went, he suddenly left the house with his luggage." Luhan explained quickly.

After hearing what Luhan had said, Jaekyung was shocked. 

Did he return to Seoul? 

 

They first stop over at Jaekyung's house to drop off Mr and Mrs Kim. 

"Sehun-ah, do ask your parents to visit us. It has been quite a while since we've met." Mrs Kim said. Sehun bowed, "I will tell them." 

They entered the car. Jaekyung rolled down the car window. 

"Bye eomma and appa! Take care of yourselves okay?" She shouted while stopping tears from flowing. The car was slowly driving away. 

"Jaekyung-ah, its dangerous." Sehun grabbed her waist and pulled her back into the car, causing her to fall on him in the backseat with their faces an inch apart. Thousands of sparks filled their entire body. Jaekyung was blushing profusely, her cheeks looked like she had put on too much blusher. Sehun smirked upon the sight of her in that state. 

"Y-yah! Oh Sehun! What's with that smirk of yours?" She retorted trying to sit properly. 

"Hmm, I don't know." Sehun said in a sing song manner. 

"You two, we don't need to hear lovey-dovey stuff. Please keep those matters private." Luhan warned. 

After 15 minutes, they arrived at Suho's mansionette. 

"Luhan!" Xiumin exclaimed and immediately ran out to hug him. Luhan returned the hug tightly. 

"Yo yo!" Luhan said cheekily. The both of them laughed. 

Chanyeol cleared his throat, interrupting their happy reunion. 

"Your luggage, hyung." Chanyeol said pointing to the car boot.

Luhan was embarrassed, he quickly took his luggage and closed the car boot shut. He and Xiumin headed into the house, keeping each other updated.

"Are you okay?" Sehun asked, noticing that Jaekyung was deathly quiet. She only nodded in response. He sighed to himself, hoping that she will feel better soon. Sehun took both their luggages and rolled them into the mansion. 

Everyone gathered in the living room. Tao was looking as worried as ever, constantly looking out of the window, hoping a taxi would stop outside but that never happened. He was growing impatient. Everyone in the living room was talking happily and watching comedy and playing games while having fruits as snacks. Tao was at his , he had been waiting so long, he could not wait any longer. 

"Guys?" He asked, but no one seemed to hear him. 

"GUYS!" He said loudly, almost screaming. His face was red. He finally got everyone's attention. "Where is Kris ge? I miss him." He pouted. 

Everyone was shocked, they did not know how to answer to him. 

"You see, Kris left earlier than us so we don't know about his current whereabouts." Luhan sighed, he really did not want to break the poor panda's heart but he has to learn the truth. 

"Then, where is he? Do you know how long I waited for Kris ge to come back?" Tao was getting teary. Everyone felt bad seeing Tao in that state. 

Tao ran up to his room to avoid everyone see him cry, even though they did for a million and one times already. 

The atmosphere in the living room was quiet and a little tense. Nobody knew what to say, or where to start. 

"Let's all go to bed, it has been a long day." Suho said breaking the silence. Everyone seemed to agree without hesitation. Soon, all the lights in the masionette was turned off. 

Sehun and Jaekyung were in Jaekyung's room. 

"Babe, are you feeling alright? I noticed that you were not feeling yourself lately." Sehun frowned. 

Jaekyung gave him a reassuring smile. "I'm alright, sorry to make you worry oppa." 

"You don't have to be sorry about making me worry." He smiled. Sehun wrapped her in his arms. Jaekyung relaxed when she entered into his embrace almost immediately. 

"Good night baby." Sehun said. 

"Good night." She said softly, but audible for Sehun to hear. 

With that, the couple drifted off to sleep. 

 

Kris has been tossing and turning the entire night. He could not get Jaekyung off his mind. Of course the first time he met her, he was certain it was a mere crush. But as the days go by, the found himself liking Jaekyung more. He felt intoxicated just by thinking of her. This time, he was certain that he love her. Especially when she fell on top of him earlier today; that was occupying too much space in his mind. 

"Lee Jaekyung..." He whispered to himself. 

Never in his life has he felt like this before. Soon, he was mentally tired and fell into deep slumber. 

 

 

 

 


end of chapter~ did this author-nim make you wait too long? :c so extremely sorry, school is keeping me EXTRA busy.

long chapter for you all c: