Angel

Angel

It had been a while since you had the chance to meet one of your best friends from your home country. You had made friends in Korea but in the beginning you had been all alone. It was hard but worth it, learning a new culture and language as well as getting your degree and the job of tour dreams. Another thing that had made your trip halfway across the world worth it was that your apartment was quite close to Big Bang’s dorm and you got to know the angel – Daesung – who you were now lucky enough to call your boyfriend.  

When you had turned eighteen you had decided to move to inner city Seoul to attend university, leaving behind your friends and your family. Since you’d left three years ago you’d kept in touch with mostly everybody but when you did go over for holidays you never had enough time to see everyone face to face. One of your old best friends, Jake, was coming to Seoul on a three business trip but fortunately he did have a few hours free to see you.

Currently you and Daesung were on your way to the Twosome Café since you had arranged to meet Jake there. You were so excited you could barely sit still during the short car ride there which Daesung found very cute (and couldn’t stop commenting on). The second you got to the café’s car park you ripped off your seatbelt and ran inside, Daesung following behind you shaking his head while chuckling softly.

You noticed Jake was sat in the back with a cup of coffee in front of him, he was staring out the window at the people and buildings, enchanted by Seoul and its beauty just like you had been in the beginning. When he saw you running towards him he got up, closed the remaining distance between you two and caught you flew into his arms. He picked you, spinning you around a few times as you giggled - just like old times. He set you down when Daesung who had been silently watching from behind you cleared his throat.

The two of them shook hands though you noticed Daesung seemed to be applying an unnecessary amount of pressure. You nudged him with your hip and gave him a look, he discreetly stuck his tongue out at you but finally let go of Jake’s hand who tried to inconspicuously turn around and massage his crippled digits. At this point Daesung was openly snickering. You shook your head at him and walked over the back table. Boys will be boys.

You ordered coffee and a slice of cake each and just talked. Jake told you all about your old school mates, what they were up to and how things had changed in your home town since you had left. During the time you were in the café Daesung was kind of quiet though you suspected this had more to do with him never having been to your home and not knowing any of the people you were talking about, thus being bored out of his mind.

Time flew by and before you knew it night had fallen, it was time to go home. You hugged Jake goodbye and told him to call you sometime soon so you could meet up again when you went for a visit home next, Daesung scoffed. They again awkwardly shook hands before Daesung tugged on your arm and pulled you towards the semi-deserted car park. He dragged you dragged you past your car into a deserted corner and kissed you passionately before resting his forehead on yours.

“Gosh, I don’t think I can ever do that again.” he murmured while looking into your eyes. When you gave him a confused look he elaborated. “I was going crazy watching you hug him and talk to him and smile at him. You’re mine jagiya and I don’t like sharing you. I know you don’t like him like that but I can tell her definitely likes you. Sometimes I feel like I punched above my weight and that you’ll leave me for someone much more handsome…” he trailed off in a small voice.

“Daesungie don’t be stupid. I love you and only you. You shouldn’t care about things like looks because they aren’t important but just for the record I think you’re the most handsome and iest man in the whole world.” you told him with a wink causing him to blush a healthy tomato red. He wrapped his arms around you, pulled you close and hid his head in the crook of your neck.

“Ya, you shouldn’t say things like that!” he exclaimed in embarrassment causing you to giggle. Your boyfriend really was an angel.