Chapter One: The Beginning of the End

Perfect by Nature

The night was cold and the people in Egypt were gathered around warm fires, while the mothers of Egypt tucked their children to bed, all but one woman, who was crying in pain. She was anxious, praying that her baby would hurry up and come out of her womb. As time went on the pain increased and she began to scream, but still the infant remained unmoving. The woman's cries grew louder and louder. She knew something was wrong. This is not a normal childbirth, the baby was taking too long to come out and the people around her were uneasy and troubled; she heard it in their voices. Then finally, after 5 hours of labour a baby boy was born. He did not cry, he did not scream, he did not move, he was dead. The woman had given birth to a dead baby boy. All that pain she went through was for nothing. She had lost her child, the horror of losing something you've loved so much was too much for her to bare mixed exhaustion and shock overwhelmed her, and she died.

 

The people around the woman did not even try to revive her or her baby. Two less peasants in Egypt would be received with joy. It did not need any more people to look after. This was, after all, a land for Kings not the weak and diseased, but that does not stop people from having sympathy towards the mother and child.

 

There was no funeral or time to say goodbye. All that was available was a long, deep ditch where bodies were tossed and thrown away like rubbish. This is where the woman and her baby would be buried; alongside the other decomposing bodies that lay inside.

 

The guards that were ordered to carry their bodies to the hole, had their way with the child's dead mother's body, she wouldn’t have felt a thing anyway. They figured she would be useful one last time before being thrown into the ditch. The men were just about to toss the new born along with his mother when suddenly the boy's eyes opened, and he started to breath, and move, the baby was alive or so it might have seen. At first his breathing was uneven; taking in lungful’s of oxygen. The guards were startled, never have they witnessed a baby come to life in front of their very eyes. They let go of the child, and instead of falling to the ground, he floated gently and stood in front of them. He lifted his hands up to them, wanting either one to carry him, but they both refused to touch him.

 

“What kind of demon is this?” asked the man to the right.

 

“Why the hell are you asking me? I am not that ’s husband!” said the other.

 

The baby looked at the both of them.

 

“It is looking at us like it knows what we just said.” whispered the man to the right.

 

“Like hell it did. It is just another Bastard child and his of a mother. Maybe we roughed it up too much and this is the after effect and it just -”

 

Before the man could finish his sentence the boy was already sinking his teeth into the man’s leg. He screamed, calling to his acquaintance for assistance, but all he could do was stand and watch, while the baby chewed off a piece of flesh from the man. Blooded oozed out of his leg and the child drank it. and the blood as it flowed out of the man’s body.

 

The baby his lips; he was enjoying the meal…

 

The man’s acquaintance was still in shock. He stood over the man’s body and watched as the life leave his eyes. The man became pale and in a few seconds he was dead. After the child was finished with the guard he looked in the direction of his acquaintance.  It had immediately registering that the child would make him his next meal, so he ran, as fast as his lags would take him. He ran. Not worrying about anyone or anything. He just kept on running, who would believe this crazy story. He would be a laughing stock. It was no use; he continued to run until his legs gave way and he fell to the ground, the desert sand softening his fall.